This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Great Lord Baal View Post
    You guys would run the country right......well better than us.
    That's not what your lot said in 1916

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      I was speaking legally you may want to to shoot him but are allowed to. I guess you then get on to issue of when can use your fire arm and at what point is it unacceptable to use a gun to protect your self, others and property. Like in the UK when 1 burglars were shot and another killed by a farmer (Tony Martin) while trying to flee his house. Now some say a human life is not worth any amount property or money while others think they shouldn't of robbed that man and he was protecting his property, make up your own mind.

I personally don't think it's a right to have a gun but as it is in the American constitution I am not one to deicide whether owning a gun is a right.
      Tony Martin got into trouble for a number of reasons. One the burglars were running away when he shot them, secondly they were actually no longer on his property when he shot them and thirdly he shot them with an illegally sawn off shotgun.

The key to the self defence laws in the UK is that you must believe that there is an imminent danger to your life. So in the Tony Martin case when they were fleeing and already off the property, he really couldn’t claim that. However there have been plenty of cases where people have defended themselves and their property and seriously injured or killed criminals with both legally held firearms or stuff like knives, baseball bats and cricket bats, and they have been determined to be justified uses of force.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        I really do not think anyone is arguing against all sex education per se. Just the proper way that sex should be taught, how it should be taught, and even who should be teaching it.
        And what is your opinion on that? Who is the right person to teach children about sex education?
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
          Who is the right person to teach children about sex education?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            Too bad I can't see images.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Disturbing.
              sigpic
              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/4986/barneyn.jpg
                God help us all.

Comment

And what is your opinion on that? Who is the right person to teach children about sex education?
                  I don't know maybe the parents? Tom Clancy would do in a pinch.

Comment

LOL good one! Seriously I'm thinking Yanni.... Just FYI he's got a new album released today *sigh*

If you put on his music....seriously all is right with the world

Originally posted by jelgate
                    This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

I don't know maybe the parents? Tom Clancy would do in a pinch.
                      While it is advisable for parents to teach their children about sex, nothing assures that they do. It is better to learn about sex in a classroom where a teacher can educate the students purposefully, and see if they actually learned something.

sigpic

Comment

While it is advisable for parents to teach their children about sex, nothing assures that they do. It is better to learn about sex in a classroom where a teacher can educate the students purposefully, and see if they actually learned something.
                        Indeed, LOS.
                        sigpic
                        Don't touch Lola

Comment

that's it exactly

of course it would be great if parents taught their children but a lot of them won't and a lot of them, when they do teach their kids stuff, teach them stuff that's flat out wrong and has more to do with whatever they were - or weren't - taught themselves.

If all the kids get taught in a classroom and they all get taught the same thing, then at least those kids walk out knowing something.

For those parents that actually ARE teaching their kids, what's the harm in some repetition? I think this has less to do with a fear of what's being taught than it is about the fear of a loss of control over what their kids might know. That somehow in simply not telling kids about sex that sex won't happen, like those kids are going to stay children forever.
                          sigpic

SGU-RELATED FANART | IN YOUNG WE TRUST | FANDUMB

Comment

Sorry, that just brought up a disturbing but hilarious picture. Carry on.

Comment

So the Government must force things on people because not everyone will do the things that you want them to do?

Comment

So the Government must force things on people because not everyone will do the things that you want them to do?
                                Sometimes, yes. The government currently forces me to respect your right of opinion, though there are many who would argue I shouldn't have to.
                                Click the banner or episode links to visit the virtual continuations of Stargate!
                                Previous Episode: 11x03 "Shore Leave" | Previous Episode: 6x04 "Nightfall" | Now Airing: 3x06 "Eldest"

Comment

Working...
                                X