X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    it's a he ; )

but now that you mention it, I wonder how he'd react in the hypothetical situation where this happened to his wife - what would his attitude be toward the kid??

hehe. owned

I believe christianity is the only religion where children actually pay for their parents' crimes
    (which is practical come to think of it: have kids, then commit whatever crime you wish, and your kids get to pay the price & go to hell in your place, thus you can save your a$$. eeey! )
    if I ever got married and my wife got raped and got pregnant as a result of the rape I would love the child as if he were my own in addition to helping her through the traumatic experience

Comment

No you wouldn't.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Back to politics ,folks.

( MG : you said enough.Now kindly cool down.Ditto to the rest of you.)
        The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
          Back to politics ,folks.

( MG : you said enough.Now kindly cool down.Ditto to the rest of you.)
          Certainly. The line of discussion I'm going for now is rather political, as of course abortion is a political issue, and this issue of gender-selective abortion has been raised in recent days due to reports of its increase, however niche the problem is. I can link you to the relevant articles if you would like.

Originally posted by pookey View Post
          i believe everybody should have a choice and nobody should interfere with that, but i dont like the fact that someone can say,sorry i dont want a girl, get rid of it, but thats my opinion, and it doesnt count in another persons life.
          Ok. But does it not seem disingenuous to you for one to say they support a woman's right to choose, but then are immediately reticent to support the right to gender-selective abortion?
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

yes, but im a woman and im moody
            seriously, i do support a womans rights to do whatever she wishes, but i do find the fact that a couple decide to have a baby then say i dont want it cause its a girl, just seems wrong, in a way, i know there is a time limit when the baby is not legally alive, but im unsure at what age they can say what it is.
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
              Certainly. The line of discussion I'm going for now is rather political, as of course abortion is a political issue, and this issue of gender-selective abortion has been raised in recent days due to reports of its increase, however niche the problem is. I can link you to the relevant articles if you would like.
              I can find more sources,thanks,and I've read through the links provided already.

All I'm asking you all to do is lose the personal flare-ups and outbursts so a reasonable and reasoned discussion can flow.
              Can't say fairer than that really.
              If you want completely unfettered discussion,you'll (as in the generalised "you'll") have to find a dedicated forum for political/religious and current affairs debates.
              The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

seriously, i do support a womans rights to do whatever she wishes, but i do find the fact that a couple decide to have a baby then say i dont want it cause its a girl, just seems wrong, in a way, i know there is a time limit when the baby is not legally alive, but im unsure at what age they can say what it is.
                I think it's wrong too. I personally think abortion is an immoral thing. I also think smoking cigarettes is immoral too, but I think both should be legal, because both are personal choices. Now, I believe India has banned abortion if the purpose is because the gender is undesirable. But that deprives the woman of the choice, which completely undermines the argument that an abortion is a woman's choice. The best way to solve the problem, and reduce the amount of abortions is through the education and the empowerment of women.
                If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  I can find more sources,thanks,and I've read through the links provided already.

All I'm asking you all to do is lose the personal flare-ups and outbursts so a reasonable and reasoned discussion can flow.
                  Can't say fairer than that really.
                  If you want completely unfettered discussion,you'll (as in the generalised "you'll") have to find a dedicated forum for political/religious and current affairs debates.
                  Ok. That is fair.

sigpic

Comment

you could've just said "im a woman"

Comment

ok, your a woman
                      sigpic

Comment

ok, your a woman
                        1) nice try ignoring the quotes
                        2) what do you mean by "my a woman"?

Comment

and a grammar nazi, tut tut Mr Reaver
                          sigpic

Comment

and a grammar nazi, tut tut Mr Reaver
                            nein! mine waz an innozent kwestion, fraulein

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              nein! mine waz an innozent kwestion, fraulein
                              There's a hilarious youtube video about a literal grammar nazi. I'd have to find it again.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Who do you side with? I apparently side with Jill Stein. Whoever that is...
                                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Working...
                                X