This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
    that I'll agree with and it comes back to the parents....their parents aren't teaching them the foundations of what it means to be human......if they were more teens would understand the concept behind "don't want kids then don't have sex" better
    I don't think most teenagers would have the strength of will to forgo sex until they're married. If the only the form of contraception where abstinence then the number of pregnancies and STI's would sky rocket.

You may believe sex is only for married people but others don't and will have sex so should be equipped with the tools to carry on safely. If you want to teach abstinence to your children then thats fine but I believe sex education should involve numerous methods of contraception not just one.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
      I don't think most teenagers would have the strength of will to forgo sex until they're married. If the only the form of contraception where abstinence then the number of pregnancies and STI's would sky rocket.

You may believe sex is only for married people but others don't and will have sex so should be equipped with the tools to carry on safely. If you want to teach abstinence to your children then thats fine but I believe sex education should involve numerous methods of contraception not just one.
      No matter where you are, you are always exposed to it. In movies, TV, music its everywhere all around the world.

Comment

Originally posted by s09119 View Post
        Yet centuries have been spent slowly moving toward cooperating despite the wars and strifes and hatreds. That has always been the trend in Europe; coming together to form larger nations, then alliances, and then unions.
        But the question remains what. Forming larger nations and unions and alliances may be a good thing and a great thing but there are two important questions, how it is happening, and what are the values and principles that these larger things stand for. Do they stand for freedom or slavery? Just because something is getting bigger and more powerful and more centralised and even to an extent more 'cooperative' is not a good thing.
        Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
        Most of the time European countries have been deeply suspicious of each its only in the last 60 years western Europe decided to put their differences aside and don't forget the cold war when Europe was split between East and West.

I support the EU and I don't think its at risk of collapse, it could do with reform but shouldn't be abandoned completely.
        Nothing is above collapsing.
        that I'll agree with and it comes back to the parents....their parents aren't teaching them the foundations of what it means to be human......if they were more teens would understand the concept behind "don't want kids then don't have sex" better
        Exactly.

We have to spread the understanding that our actions have consquences, and this will do a lot to solve our Government problems and decrease Government and get it into its proper size. No matter ones opinions on Pre Maritial Sex if someone knows that there are consqequences that could result...then you do not do it.

And this goes for most things in our society, like joining the military, spending money, what to consume, how to consume, and all sorts of problems that just go beyond this one.

Comment

I'm all for telling kids 'look, teh best thing to do is not to have sex'...but that can't be all. They're gonna do it eventually, so give them the knowledge to do it safely. Teach them about birth control. Teach them about STD's and how they are treated.

This is stuff they need to know even if they keep their pants on until the wedding night.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

*bows before ^^^*
            Tumblr: fashion4ducks.tumblr.com
            Where my mind comes out to play *DUN DUN DUN!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
              I'm all for telling kids 'look, teh best thing to do is not to have sex'...but that can't be all. They're gonna do it eventually, so give them the knowledge to do it safely. Teach them about birth control. Teach them about STD's and how they are treated.

This is stuff they need to know even if they keep their pants on until the wedding night.
              Hmmmmm

When you say that they are going to do it eventually do you refer to kids? Because you said 'I am all for telling kids' because they are going to do it eventually...do you mean kids? It would depend on your definition of what a 'kid' is but I am 20...never had Sex before and am not in too great of a hurry to partake in that particular activity either.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
                Hmmmmm

When you say that they are going to do it eventually do you refer to kids? Because you said 'I am all for telling kids' because they are going to do it eventually...do you mean kids? It would depend on your definition of what a 'kid' is but I am 20...never had Sex before and am not in too great of a hurry to partake in that particular activity either.
                I think its quite clear from that, that she meant give kids the education on the subject so when they come to have sex later in life (mid to late teens like it or not, or beyond) they can have safe sex.
                sigpic

Comment

Sexual education based completely on abstinence is never going to work because eventually most teens will have sex before they get married. It is more important to educate them on the different methods of contraception as well the results of sex instead. Teens will always be exposed to sex no matter what, so it is to be safe than sorry.

I'm glad that I live in a country where the biggest church has little issues with premarital sex, never even talks about abstinence and is in favor of teaching children of contraception. I think we got a slogan new slogan to get tourists to come to Sweden.
                  "Welcome to Sweden, where religion is just another way to ge laid."
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ukko View Post
                    I think its quite clear from that, that she meant give kids the education on the subject so when they come to have sex later in life (mid to late teens like it or not, or beyond) they can have safe sex.
                    Yeah...but her statement...just that post alone...seems to indicate that she has a belief that sex for 'kids' is inevitable. But even if she meant that kids will have sex as adults in some point in the future eventually is not an inherent fact of life. People chose not to have sex for their entire life all the time. It is a choice.

Comment

Yeah...but her statement...just that post alone...seems to indicate that she has a belief that sex for 'kids' is inevitable. But even if she meant that kids will have sex as adults in some point in the future eventually is not an inherent fact of life. People chose not to have sex for their entire life all the time. It is a choice.
                      Her statement was clear enough for me.
                      And the majority of people will have sex at some point , weather that be when in their teens or older (weather you like it or not). So the best course of action would be to equip them with the knowledge to do it safely.
                      sigpic

Comment

And the majority of people will have sex at some point , weather that be when in their teens or older (weather you like it or not). So the best course of action would be to equip them with the knowledge to do it safely.
                        No her statement was very clear.

Comment

No her statement was very clear.
                          Interesting reply when your reply to her post seems to indicate some kind of confusion.
                          sigpic

Comment

yeah...which means abstaining from the activity...that's the safest possible way...man-made contraceptives only provide a false illusion of safety in this area.......they have a nasty habit of failing when you least want them to or expect them to....not to mention the fact that some of these contraceptives are abortifacients

Comment

Interesting reply when your reply to her post seems to indicate some kind of confusion.
                              I am just curious as to whether she means people will have it eventually or as Kids. Some clarification about these things might be nice.

But either way the point is moot since a lot of people do not have sex and chose not to, and a lot of people do do it in a safe and secure environment.

Comment

yeah...which means abstaining from the activity...that's the safest possible way...man-made contraceptives only provide a false illusion of safety in this area.......they have a nasty habit of failing when you least want them to or expect them to....not to mention the fact that some of these contraceptives are abortifacients
                                Abstinence is not an education on the subject, its a lifestyle choice. And man made contraceptives work just fine, when people are educated on the subject.

And banning people from doing something also has a nasty habbit of comming back and biting one in the bum.

I am just curious as to whether she means people will have it eventually or as Kids. Some clarification about these things might be nice.

But either way the point is moot since a lot of people do not have sex and chose not to, and a lot of people do do it in a safe and secure environment.
                                Not really when she is talking about education. Wich is something that happens in school, where kids go.

But the majority do do it, and would benifit from education on the subject.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X