X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
    isn't it legal in some European countries for kids to have wine
    The alcohol legislation varies widely in Europe. In some countries, the legal drinking age is 16 and more or less any shop can see alcohol. In others, like Sweden, the legal drinking age is 18, but only state owned shops are allowed to sell alcohol for off-licence purposes, and you have to be 20 to buy from shops (the 18 year limit is for consumption and buying at bars for on-licence purposes).
    My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

isn't France like 10 or 12? and same as Sweden Aus uses 18+ laws
      sigpic
      Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Originally posted by LT. COL. John Sheppard View Post
        isn't France like 10 or 12? and same as Sweden Aus uses 18+ laws
        Legally, I doubt it. But it's always a question of compliance and culture. In France, it's more accepted to give a 10 or 12 year old a glass of wine over dinner.

Comment

i thought so
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            Tell you what, how about we turn this group of fools into eunnuchs, we can eliminate both thier sex drive, and thier ability to disturb the gene pool any further..............
            WEll all I was sayig was I do not appreciate these people violating people's liberty like this I mean come on but on the other hand its interesting that this is getting any play considering all the other problems we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
              Sounds like a police state.

And I am suprised you can be criminally responsible at 6 in the US, seems a little young to me.
              so what the authorities were just supposed to let the kid go about destroying stuff....and people along with said stuff?

my first call probably would've been to a Catholic priest....that kid sounds like she needs an exorcism

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                so what the authorities were just supposed to let the kid go about destroying stuff....and people along with said stuff?
                No, of course not, but there's no need to cuff the kid and toss her into a cell! There's a difference between not treating her like an adult and letting her totally off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                  No, of course not, but there's no need to cuff the kid and toss her into a cell! There's a difference between not treating her like an adult and letting her totally off the hook.
                  what if that was the only way she could be sufficiently restrained?

Comment

what if that was the only way she could be sufficiently restrained?
                    Are you telling me that two or more police officers couldn't restrain a six-year old girl without having to throw her into a cell?

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                      Are you telling me that two or more police officers couldn't restrain a six-year old girl without having to throw her into a cell?
                      very likely given the fact that she displayed enough strength to physically destroy property and even cause damage to people besides...besides that I'm inclined to think that the police merely showed the kid what her parents likely have not been willing to show her, that there are consequences for bad behavior and you will be disciplined for acting out such behavior.....but rather than taking it as a lesson learned and teaching the kid proper discipline they're instead raggin' on the police for doing their job...which is protecting people and property...the earlier the lesson is learned the better

Comment

This is why we can't have nice things.
                        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

very likely given the fact that she displayed enough strength to physically destroy property and even cause damage to people besides...besides that I'm inclined to think that the police merely showed the kid what her parents likely have not been willing to show her, that there are consequences for bad behavior and you will be disciplined for acting out such behavior.....but rather than taking it as a lesson learned and teaching the kid proper discipline they're instead raggin' on the police for doing their job...which is protecting people and property...the earlier the lesson is learned the better
                          Because there is no better way for people to learn respect than to instill fear in those people towards that idea. I suppose that every kid having a tantrum should be locked up in a cell for a while to "learn their lesson".
                          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
                          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
                          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
                          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

oooo i like his idea
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
                              Because there is no better way for people to learn respect than to instill fear in those people towards that idea. I suppose that every kid having a tantrum should be locked up in a cell for a while to "learn their lesson".
                              I'd hardly call vandalism and assault "having a tantrum"

Comment

if there is too be a world leader who would you choose out of all of the worlds current leaders?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X