This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I don't think the Iraq War counts as a lie here. He did think that they had WMD's, he was wrong. Being wrong isn't a lie....but I guess that's beyond the point.
    I don't think he intentionally lied either. I DO think there was enough doubt on who and where the 9/11 attacks came from to make his decision..... Questionable.
    I don't think it rose to the level of impeachable action however.
    That is my point.
    Impeachment is not a frivolous act. In fact there have been PLENTY of left wingers who have argued that trump should NOT be impeached, The house itself resisted it for over a year until the proof came in that they had no other choice. That on it's own shows how much this is not just a partisan hack job, but an actual serious consideration.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      I don't know who "they" are, you didn't cite that, but that letter to Pelosi is right on the money.
      "They" are just about every news outlet reporting on the letter.

You won't admit it, because like the Democrats, you strongly disagree with his agenda.
      Dude, I hate to break it to you, but that orange turd is a disgrace to the office of the WH.

And I'm not talking about his policies -- just the way he behaves as a person is enough to disqualify him.
      He lacks the class, grace and sophistication of a "leader" -- and that's putting it mildly.

In Dutch we have a saying about these kind of people. I think it would translate to "hillbilly" in your language.

BUT he must be excited he has finally won the popular vote with this House impeachment vote. Gained the most votes ever with 230 votes in favor of impeachment. He won bigly.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Dude, I hate to break it to you, but that orange turd is a disgrace to the office of the WH.

And I'm not talking about his policies -- just the way he behaves as a person is enough to disqualify him.
        He lacks the class, grace and sophistication of a "leader" -- and that's putting it mildly.

In Dutch we have a saying about these kind of people. I think it would translate to "hillbilly" in your language.

BUT he must be excited he has finally won the popular vote with this House impeachment vote. Gained the most votes ever with 230 votes in favor of impeachment. He won bigly.
        But Senate can only convict if they have irrefutable evidence of "high crimes and misdemeanors"....and last time I checked a supposed "lack of grace and sophistication" was not a high crime

Comment

Haven't I been saying most of the media ia biased?

You mean he lacks the "class, grace and sophistication" to lie down gracefully and accept what the opposition wants to do, rather than standing up and doing what is right?

And what exactly is wrong with being a hillbilly? Or is that a type of person that doesn't fall into the "inclusiveness" preached by the left?
          You're just proving one of my points. The left wants acceptance for everyone.. EXCEPT for those that they disagree with.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            I don't think he intentionally lied either. I DO think there was enough doubt on who and where the 9/11 attacks came from to make his decision..... Questionable.
            I don't think it rose to the level of impeachable action however.
            That is my point.
            Impeachment is not a frivolous act. In fact there have been PLENTY of left wingers who have argued that trump should NOT be impeached, The house itself resisted it for over a year until the proof came in that they had no other choice. That on it's own shows how much this is not just a partisan hack job, but an actual serious consideration.
            What a crock. The Democrats had plans to impeach Trump since before his inauguration. One of 'em actually said "Now we impeach the motherf***er" upon winning a seat in the House, long before "the phone call".

Until this partisan shiznit show, impeachment wasn't a frivolous act. The Democrats certainly made it into one, didn't they?
            I hear on the radio this am that Pelosi might not even send this to the Senate. They're not even going to complete the process!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...249_story.html

Comment

Until this partisan shiznit show, impeachment wasn't a frivolous act.
              Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              like when your party impeached Bill Clinton for a bj?
              ^

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                like when your party impeached Bill Clinton for a bj?
                As usual, you don't have your history correct. Slick Willie was impeached for lying to congress about the bj.

Comment

As usual, you don't have your history correct. Slick Willie was impeached for lying to congress about the bj.
                  oo my bad impeached for lying over nothing
                  in other words impeached for nothing

so basically you think lying over a bj is a grievous crime but lying about high treason abuse of power & tax fraud is nothing
                  ok
                  just wanted you to admit it which you just did

Comment

What a crock. The Democrats had plans to impeach Trump since before his inauguration. One of 'em actually said "Now we impeach the motherf***er" upon winning a seat in the House, long before "the phone call".

Until this partisan shiznit show, impeachment wasn't a frivolous act. The Democrats certainly made it into one, didn't they?
                    I hear on the radio this am that Pelosi might not even send this to the Senate. They're not even going to complete the process!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...249_story.html
                    Where was this outrage when the Republicans in 2010 stated they wanted to make sure Obama was a "one term president"?
                    Didn't seem to give a damn about it then, did you?

As for the rest of your line of BS, I think SR handled it well enough.
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                      But Senate can only convict if they have irrefutable evidence of "high crimes and misdemeanors"....and last time I checked a supposed "lack of grace and sophistication" was not a high crime
                      I suppose it's a good thing that is not what he HAS been formally impeached for.

Yes the senate should only convict if there is enough evidence to warrant it, but they are also required, as jurors under US law, to go in with an open mind.
                      If they are incapable of doing that, on either side they should recuse themselves. If you actually sit and think about that, it would disqualify most of the senate, and might just leave "12 good men of conscience" to make the determination of trumps guilt or innocence.
                      Do you want to be ruled by conscience, or are you happy with party lines?
                      sigpic

Comment

You mean, what trump is being impeached for?
                        Lying to congress?
                        Obstructing congress?

Glad to see you finally admit it.
                        sigpic

Comment

Because the lies really are a joke:
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                            I was watching the vote online and why are Republicans so obsessed with Hillary? She has no actual power.

Is she some kind of 4th dimensional boogeyman going to steal their brains?
                            She did hove power, and that scared the crap out of them.
                            As to why they keep going on about her now?
                            They don't have anything else.
                            sigpic

Comment

She did hove power
                              not real power

Comment

Where was this outrage when the Republicans in 2010 stated they wanted to make sure Obama was a "one term president"?
                                Didn't seem to give a damn about it then, did you?

As for the rest of your line of BS, I think SR handled it well enough.
                                I don't recall the Republicans starting impeachment proceedings in 2010. Not even in 2014, when they gained the House. They wanted to do it at the voting booth. Sadly, they failed.

Or is opposing Obama a criminal offense in your mind?

Comment

Working...
                                X