X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You really need that answered?
    Low unemployment means employers have to compete with each other for employees. That mean they offer better wages/benefit packages.
    bollox

law of demand doesn't work like that with workforce
    workers aren't products
    low unemployment means more jobs available but this says nothing about the type of jobs
    case in point if you cut off immigration then all the **** jobs will be "available" to the local workforce (yay)

And despite what you want to believe, that is happening. In fact, this economic recovery is the first one in 20 or more years where that has happened.
    fake news

The only people that made out good under that were the elites on wall street.
    and these people are better off than ever now
    Last edited by SoulReaver; 18 December 2019, 09:14 AM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      bollox

law of demand ain't exactly ironclad when it comes to workforce
      workers aren't products
      low unemployment means more jobs available but this says nothing about the type of jobs
      case in point if you cut off immigration then all the **** jobs will be "available" to the local workforce (yay)

fake news

and these people are better off than ever now
      guess it all depends on what you consider to be a crummy job I guess....in my current job I have to go outside in all kinda of weather to gather shopping carts...but I actually much prefer that job to one where I sit at a desk all day or....worse yet...food service....one man's crummy job is another's dream job

Comment

Anyone else read Trump's letter to Pelosi?

...a completely unhinged letter to Nancy Pelosi filled with dozens of falsehoods, characteristically deranged capitalization, insults, historic self-pity, and incredible claims like the one about how he’s been treated worse than “those accused in the Salem Witch Trials.” It’s the sort of document that itself makes the case that Trump is unfit for office, but which his staff, in all its infinite wisdom, apparently decided to let him put on White House letterhead and release for the world to see.
        What they said.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Sad!!
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

sigpic

Comment

ffs Trump's playing a role game that's his gig
              making people think he's losing it
              pretending to be even more unhinged than he is
              even the misspelling in his tweets works in his favour (this is merica)
              it worked in 2016

deep inside he must be LHAO knowing the whole impeachment thing's doomed

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                guess it all depends on what you consider to be a crummy job I guess....in my current job I have to go outside in all kinda of weather to gather shopping carts
                I was thinking far worse than that

one man's crummy job is another's dream job
                correct for migrants even the worst jobs are still an improvement over life back home

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  I don't know who "they" are, you didn't cite that, but that letter to Pelosi is right on the money.

From the letter:

Everyone, you included, knows what is really happening. Your chosen candidate lost the election in 2016, in an Electoral College landslide (306-227), and you and your party have never recovered from this defeat. You have developed a full-fledged case of what many in the media call Trump Derangement Syndrome and sadly, you will never get over it! You are unwilling and unable to accept the verdict issued at the ballot box during the great Election of 2016. So you have spent three straight years attempting to overturn the will of the American people and nullify their votes. You View democracy as your enemy!

Speaker Pelosi, you admitted just last week at a public forum that your party’s impeachment effort has been going on for “two and a half years,” long before you ever heard about a phone call with Ukraine. Nineteen minutes after I took the oath of office, the Washington Post published a story headlined, “The Campaign to Impeach President Trump Has Begun.” Less than three months after my inauguration, Representative Maxine Waters stated, “I’m going to fight every day until he’s impeached.” House Democrats introduced the first impeachment resolution against me within months of my inauguration, for what will be regarded as one of our country’s best decisions, the firing of James Comey (see Inspector General Reports)–who the world now knows is one of the dirtiest cops our Nation has ever seen. A ranting and raving Congresswoman, Rashida Tlaib, declared just hours after she was sworn into office, “We’re gonna go in there and we’re gonna impeach the motherf****r.” Representative Al Green said in May, “I’m concerned that if we don’t impeach this president, he will get re-elected.”
                  You won't admit it, because like the Democrats, you strongly disagree with his agenda.

I'm sorry, but disagreeing with Democrats and successfully opposing them are NOT grounds for impeachment.

If the Dems oppose him, fine, that's what they are supposed to do. But do it at the polls, not the courts. Get more people to vote for them by offering an agenda that more people can support.

Comment

What a bunch of BS. If that was the case every Republican president would face impeachment when the Democrats. Once you get an idea, you are stubborn to let go even when presented with facts. Trump is being impeached because he does criminal things not his party. Not everything is partisan
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                      What a bunch of BS. If that was the case every Republican president would face impeachment when the Democrats. Once you get an idea, you are stubborn to let go even when presented with facts. Trump is being impeached because he does criminal things not his party. Not everything is partisan
                      From now on, we might just see that; every party tries to impeach the opposition's president.

But this is a first, and might set the precedent. Might not, 'cause this attempt is doomed to fail.

But this situation is unique. The Democrats are way beyond the normal level of frustration for several reasons. First, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread, the left is going to lose the advantage of the courts for a generation, at the least, maybe longer. They can't stop that.

2nd, the Dems anointed Shrillary as the next President, and she is beyond pissed 'cause of the history that she lost her chance to be the first president with PMS. She, and they, had assumed that she would automatically win.

Comment

I don't know who "they" are, you didn't cite that, but that letter to Pelosi is right on the money.

From the letter:

You won't admit it, because like the Democrats, you strongly disagree with his agenda.

I'm sorry, but disagreeing with Democrats and successfully opposing them are NOT grounds for impeachment.

If the Dems oppose him, fine, that's what they are supposed to do. But do it at the polls, not the courts. Get more people to vote for them by offering an agenda that more people can support.
                        He's a politician, so he is lying.
                        Isn't that your entire defence?
                        sigpic

Comment

From now on, we might just see that; every party tries to impeach the opposition's president.
                          They would need grounds to do it.
                          What I find funny is that trump thought the impeachment of Clinton was not deserved, but Bush Jr DID deserve it for lying about the Iraq war.
                          He also thought it was a good idea to impeach Obama, with no crime or action to speak of to do it.
                          He said it would be a "permanent stain" on Obama.
                          Well, he's about to get a permanent stain on him, and not just on a blue dress.
                          But this is a first, and might set the precedent. Might not, 'cause this attempt is doomed to fail.
                          And you like the idea that the jury does not care.
                          If they actually looked at the facts, trump would be gone.
                          You can have pence, you can have a republican president, it does not in any way "undo the election"
                          It gets rid of a traitor, nothing more, nothing less.
                          But this situation is unique. The Democrats are way beyond the normal level of frustration for several reasons. First, as I have mentioned earlier in this thread, the left is going to lose the advantage of the courts for a generation, at the least, maybe longer. They can't stop that.
                          And you are going to loose the house and senate, and quite possibly the presidency. Any honest legal scholar or judge does not follow party lines, they follow the law, weather they agree with it or not.
                          It's the point of the judiciary, to remain impartial.
                          Why do you salivate over the notion of them being partisan?
                          2nd, the Dems anointed Shrillary as the next President, and she is beyond pissed 'cause of the history that she lost her chance to be the first president with PMS. She, and they, had assumed that she would automatically win.
                          Back that up, or stop lying.
                          Oh, and thanks for your use of "PMS", it shows just how much of a misogynist you are.
                          sigpic

Comment

Considering that Thomas Jefferson wanted to have George Washington impeached because Washington agreed to neutrality when it came to conflict between the UK and France, the founders saw impeachment in a very different light. What I find the most mind boggling his how quick people are to point out that Schiff had a different view of impeachment during Clinton's time but fail to recognize Lindsey Graham's also very different view of impeachment. Annoyed, the Democrats didn't start this fire. The GOP did.

As for the issue of impeachment, it was meant to prevent abuse of power and apparently Jefferson saw it as even a more broad tool, a response of dissatisfaction of the way the President does his Job. That actually comes close to what a vote of no confidence is. I seriously doubt impeachment required such high burdens of proof and specific crimes in the minds of the founders considering how they themselves went about doing things.

If anything, Jefferson would want to impeach Trump for abandoning the Kurds, it's the same exact situation.

For the record, Lindsey Graham also claimed a similar view about impeachment back when he was trying to get Clinton removed. Graham basically has been contradicting his own arguments. Not to mention his pledge to violate his oath by not being an impartial juror. But since when does the GOP truly care about the rule of law?

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            They would need grounds to do it.
                            What I find funny is that trump thought the impeachment of Clinton was not deserved, but Bush Jr DID deserve it for lying about the Iraq war.
                            He also thought it was a good idea to impeach Obama, with no crime or action to speak of to do it.
                            He said it would be a "permanent stain" on Obama.
                            Well, he's about to get a permanent stain on him, and not just on a blue dress.

And you like the idea that the jury does not care.
                            If they actually looked at the facts, trump would be gone.
                            You can have pence, you can have a republican president, it does not in any way "undo the election"
                            It gets rid of a traitor, nothing more, nothing less.

And you are going to loose the house and senate, and quite possibly the presidency. Any honest legal scholar or judge does not follow party lines, they follow the law, weather they agree with it or not.
                            It's the point of the judiciary, to remain impartial.
                            Why do you salivate over the notion of them being partisan?

Back that up, or stop lying.
                            Oh, and thanks for your use of "PMS", it shows just how much of a misogynist you are.
                            I don't think the Iraq War counts as a lie here. He did think that they had WMD's, he was wrong. Being wrong isn't a lie....but I guess that's beyond the point.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

like when your party impeached Bill Clinton for a bj?

Comment

I was watching the vote online and why are Republicans so obsessed with Hillary? She has no actual power.

Is she some kind of 4th dimensional boogeyman going to steal their brains?
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X