X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Thing is, they don't have any hard proof
    you mean other than the transcript your king released & his own public confessions?

But the impeachment process is designed to block a partisan impeachment such as this.
    like Clinton impeached for a bj?

And the Senate won't go along with this charade. So it's game over at that point.
    yeah the People will witness the king once again getting away with crime

Comment

Thing is, they don't have any hard proof. So far, all you've heard is the Democrats. They have the House, so that is their right.
      3 of the witnesses were from the republican side, and trump has had every opportunity to take the oath and swear before congress.
      So quit this crap of "he can't answer" or hasn't had a choice.
      The truth is, he WON'T answer.
      He's a pussy. A craven, lying sack of crap.
      But the impeachment process is designed to block a partisan impeachment such as this. To impeach, both the House and the Senate need to agree.
      Nope, wrong again.
      Impeachment is the duty of the congress. It needs to find that the president has so egregiously broken their oath of office to warrant it.
      It is the duty of the senate to act as the jury.
      You just want the jury to ignore the facts, and you will make up any old crap to do it.
      In fact, you CRAVE it.
      Just like your leader, you are a coward.
      And the Senate won't go along with this charade. So it's game over at that point. The design of the FF prevented a partisan coup attempt.
      Err, no it wasn't, so what were you lying about again?
      You have 3 CO-EQUAL branches of government, THAT'S what the FF wanted, not partisan hackery, Yet look at trump who declares his "ABSOLUTE AUTHORITY" to do whatever he wants. (if you doubt me, check his OWN twitter feed)
      You are rallying for the destruction of your government just to protect a "man" who doesn't give two hard turds about you.
      Everything you found "great" in America, he is systematicly tearing apart. Trump won't go to the moon, he won't advance science, he won't take care of small companies because he does not give a flying fig about what YOU found great in America as a kid, teen and young adult. He photoshops pictures of himself on a IMMIGRANT'S body because he is so pathetic that he needs to feed his own ego.
      And you cheer for it.
      I'm not sure who is more pathetic at this point.
      And the failed attempt will hurt them with their own supporters, never mind motivating the opposition to vote. There's gonna be a backlash over this.
      Trump definitely could still win, he sits in the position of president who does historicaly win the EC. The ONLY reason he can do that is because people like you don't care about facts or evidence, because the SENATE will vote against it.
      No facts required, no investigation, no discovery, just a partisan load of crap, and you are happy about that.
      SAD.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yhuPKByY3Q

Yah, no proof.
        sigpic

Comment

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Nope, wrong again.
            Impeachment is the duty of the congress. It needs to find that the president has so egregiously broken their oath of office to warrant it.
            It is the duty of the senate to act as the jury.
            You just want the jury to ignore the facts, and you will make up any old crap to do it.
            In fact, you CRAVE it.
            Just like your leader, you are a coward.
            Correct. The Congress.

Congress consists of the House & The Senate. The FF's set this up so that neither party could carry out a partisan impeachment. Either the House (by not presenting articles of Impeachment) or the Senate (by acquitting/dismissing/etc) could block it.
            If, as it is now, the House is solid D and the Senate is solid R, there will have to be consensus among both parties to proceed.
            If, as can happen, both chambers are about evenly matched, again, consensus must exist. This effectively blocks a partisan attempt.

Even in these highly partisan times, there just isn't enough consensus. Because there isn't enough to prove anything to all parties concerned.
            It is NOT the duty of the congress to impeach based on what one party wants.

So, this is gonna play out with Trump being acquitted in the Senate, and the aftertaste of this catfight is going to hurt the Democrats big time next year.

Since they knew they couldn't win from the very start. it was a stupid move on their part, strategically. All it did was buy them the backlash.

Comment

Because there isn't enough to prove anything to all parties concerned.
              you mean no amount of proof will sway one of the parties concerned

So, this is gonna play out with Trump being acquitted in the Senate, and the aftertaste of this catfight is going to hurt the Democrats big time next year.
              assuming mericans ain't too different from normal people* this should help the Dems as the voters will witness King Don once again getting away with crime

"look! Senate again gave a criminal POTUS a free pass!"

* aaand assuming Government wont rig the election

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                you mean no amount of proof will sway one of the parties concerned

assuming mericans ain't too different from normal people* this should help the Dems as the voters will witness King Don once again getting away with crime

"look! Senate again gave a criminal POTUS a free pass!"

* aaand assuming Government wont rig the election
                Remember what I said about a backlash?

Impeachment Is Great for Trump: Approval Rating Rises to 52%

Comment

Fake News

Comment

Not so much fake news, but just terrible source credibility
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

sigpic

Comment

I've been thinking about this all day, how to respond, what is the "right" way to respond and how to get through to you.
                        I'm not sure if I can because you deride the process for being partisan, but celebrate the result being equally as partisan.
                        When congress impeached Clinton, was it wrong to do so?
                        They would never win that fight in the senate, but it still got done (articles of impeachment), and let me remind you, Clinton got impeached on ONE count of obstruction of justice, the dems have 10 recorded, investigated and fact checked counts. Then they have the bribary charge, the first part of section 2.4 of the constitution.
                        Yet, you think it should be DOA in the senate
                        Why?
                        The most basic question you need to ask yourself is the same question the founders asked, Is anyone above the law, and if so, why did you fight against the Monarchy?
                        If it's just a question of "your team" winning, then you are giving your team absolute power, and when it's not your team? what will you do then? Claim "constitutional powers?" Claim it's unfair? Bitch and moan like a whiney little child?

This is NOT about Republican VS Democrat, it's about the LAW. Let's say trump gets 4 more years, and then a democrat get's into office. They then proceed to bribe other nations to interfere with your elections. You will say "that's not right", but it WILL BE RIGHT, because the way your legal "grandfathering" system works, it will have become precedent.
                        trump is a CANCER on the office of the presidency, and it has NOTHING to do with his agenda, but HOW he goes about it.
                        If a democrat pulled this crap, I'd be just as mad at them, but you can't see that, because you think holding your own accountable as a weakness, rather than a strength.
                        You have no moral fibre.
                        You will allow anything to push an agenda.
                        You stand for nothing, so you have accepted a pussy grabbing, morally bankrupped peice of crap to be your leader.
                        What does that say about you?
                        I swear, I curse, I rip into people, but I make NO EXCUSES for it, that's just the way I am, it's what life has taught me to be.
                        Myself.
                        It costs me sometimes, but I'd rather pay that cost than be a liar.
                        How about you?

Correct. The Congress.

Congress consists of the House & The Senate. The FF's set this up so that neither party could carry out a partisan impeachment. Either the House (by not presenting articles of Impeachment) or the Senate (by acquitting/dismissing/etc) could block it.
                        If, as it is now, the House is solid D and the Senate is solid R, there will have to be consensus among both parties to proceed.
                        If, as can happen, both chambers are about evenly matched, again, consensus must exist. This effectively blocks a partisan attempt.

Even in these highly partisan times, there just isn't enough consensus. Because there isn't enough to prove anything to all parties concerned.
                        It is NOT the duty of the congress to impeach based on what one party wants.

Since they knew they couldn't win from the very start. it was a stupid move on their part, strategically. All it did was buy them the backlash.
                        sigpic

Comment

I don't think you can GF. Every scandal or stupid thing Trump does is some kind of conspiracy created by the left or fake media. You can't really discuss the law and morality until you get Annoyed to actually believe their is some credibility to Trump's scandals
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                            I don't think you can GF.
                            in a way he's as stubborn as Annoyed
                            one keeps trying the other keeps ignoring :/

Comment

I'm more stubborn because these things affect the future of my children, and that means a great deal to me.
                              sigpic

Comment

hey if it were up to me the whole world would get to vote on the US president

Comment

Working...
                                X