This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    That's all true, it's just that Bibi's government doesn't make it an easy task to weed out the poo with the legitimate issues.
    I'm not sure that would fly for any other country.

This isn't the first time I've seen "white european colonialism" argument being thrown around and it's getting more popular. It doesn't help that Ethiopian Jews aren't experiencing the same things as your wife.
    Ethiopian Jews have a fundamental problem - lack of education and language. My wife can come from the Philippines and get an office job within a month because she is educated, speaks fluent English and she is accustomed to working in a computerized environment. New immigrants from Russia can look more European than Europeans but they usually don't speak English, so they start off with cleaning etc. before they transition to better job once they speak adequate Hebrew to work in their original profession. Ethiopian Jews have neither Hebrew nor English nor education, so they end up at the bottom of the pile. It will take a generation to change that, maybe two.

Btw, how do you turn "Tood" into a hebrew sounding name?....just throwing it out there....>.>
    Let me get back to you on that...
    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
      In other *political* news...

On June 6, 2019, not one, but TWO former USA state Senators were found dead. Shot to death. Also, wedge a dead NYC police Deputy Chief into the mix and make it a threesome.
      not sure what you're getting at - are we supposed to cry?

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        UK, Germany I think too? Little to no gun deaths there too. Japanese have the deadliest swords in the world (real katanas are illegal to possess) yet nobody is hacking each other to pieces.

They made a claim that banning guns won't drop the homicide rate, people will kill people they said. Those facts prove them wrong, how about THEY provide evidences to back up that claim?

Could it be it's a "I feel" argument again?
        or maybe Japanese society tends to have little desire to fight amongst themselves

people kill people is a valid argument.....considering that no weapon is gonna grow legs and get up and start attacking people of its own volition...and evidently in Japan they have little desire for gratuitous violence

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if they had unpaid debts. (Lobbies, mafia, radicals, take your pick).
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

I suggest drug cartels. Because that allows to ramp up the fear
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

The NRA sends their regards
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

remember Philando Castille gunned down for exercising his 2nd amendment rights
                guess whom the NRA sided with
                hint: it wasn't the victim
                why didn't the NRA care about the victim's constitutional rights?

(on the other hand the NRA does care about $$$)

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
                  In other *political* news...

On June 6, 2019, not one, but TWO former USA state Senators were found dead. Shot to death. Also, wedge a dead NYC police Deputy Chief into the mix and make it a threesome.

Seems if these murders were planned and *unrelated*, then someone(s) got their timing off from drawing too much attention to them happening so close together.

In the span of less than 3 days...
                  1st.. a former Arkansas state Senator (Republican, was formerly Democrat) Linda Collins-Smith, is shot to death.
                  2nd.. the NYPD Deputy Police Chief, Steven Silks, was found dead from a "self inflicted" gunshot wound. He was also Jewish.
                  3rd.. A former Republican state Senator from Norman, Oklahoma was found shot to death (Jonathan Nichols).

Something stinky, hinky going on...?? Both "Republican" and both dead within 2 days from "gunshot" wound.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                  not sure what you're getting at - are we supposed to cry?
                  This *is* the Political topic thread; AND this *is* news that is politically related. If it was three, high ranking DEMocrats who were shot/died within 48 hours of each other, you'd probably be posting that as *your* News. Since its Republicans, you (SR) complain.

If it was either side, I'd be very concerned at what caused this, because the DEMs would declare endless investigations into the matters... but they want to bury or diminish the *importance* of the news since it is Republicans?

*Hush, hush...* There have been on-going investigations of the "POTUS Trump Investigators" who caused the Mueller probe to go on and on for two friggin years, all at USA TAXpayer expense. Are any of these deaths connected to something in the Mueller probe?? Even if the DEMs paid for Trump to be investigated from their own salaries / pockets, that is still TAXpayer money, since that is how most of them get paid to begin with.

What is most disturbing is why the former Democrat turned Republican Senator lady got shot dead. Why? Who did it, who did that person know, and what was the motive and purpose? What happened? If the deadly deed was done by someone who had some sort of "dirt" on themself or another person (thus making this an assassin style murder, instead of just personal), then that makes this story far more significant than just finding these people dead. That also applies to the Jewish Deputy police Chief, too.

Or if this was to remove persons from supporting the 2nd amendment, and simply nothing more than that; or perhaps something they voted on (not necessarily related to each other, either). The timing of the 3 deaths occurring within hours of each other is disturbing in itself, even if they were not connected in any way, shape or form.

Bury this news all (generic) you like. Some day, the truth will come out and expose who was behind these deaths and what *investigations* these people were involved with. Might not be this year or next, but someday it will come out, even if GOD Himself has it "broadcasted" across the skies and ceilings of every criminally minded soul who supports these deadly situations.

Comment

Is it God or the lizardmen?

Could it be...
                    Spoiler:
                    BOTH!!!
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Wouldn't be surprised if they had unpaid debts. (Lobbies, mafia, radicals, take your pick).
                      as I recall probably about the only criminal activity in Japan is organized crime from the Yakuza (Japanese version of the Mafia)

Comment

UK, Germany I think too? Little to no gun deaths there too. Japanese have the deadliest swords in the world (real katanas are illegal to possess) yet nobody is hacking each other to pieces.

They made a claim that banning guns won't drop the homicide rate, people will kill people they said. Those facts prove them wrong, how about THEY provide evidences to back up that claim?

Could it be it's a "I feel" argument again?
                        in a nation that has a huge suicide issue there are probably few with homicidal motives

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                          and how do you propose to stop people from simply beating each other to death? cut off their hands?

weapons are inanimate objects.....they're not growing legs and walking around under their own power killing people....as the old saying goes "guns don't kill people....people kill people"

so perhaps the question we should all be asking (provided these figures are accurate and not fudged in any way) is why so many people in the USA seemingly have no regard for the life of others? or perhaps has a rather high degree of criminal activity resulting in all these deaths?

or is it perhaps because the US might be harboring a disproportionate number of the kinds of people prone to such violence?

this ain't a numbers game....there are many variables that could be influencing the stats you cite
                          firearms are tools and should be treated as such

i never got the ppl who buy them and worship them as if they are some magical item

Comment

Magi gave the perfect example, the fight in the bar. If the guy didn't have a gun perhaps his buddy would still be alive today? Bringing concealed weapons in a BAR, you know where people get DRUNK and fight all the time is something logical to you?

he wasn't concealed carry, in PA there is no law against open carry therefore, by default it is legal. and there is no law (other than common sense) that prohibits carrying in a bar.

apparently the dead guy did start the fight and then shooter did try to get away by putting some people in between himself and the dead dude, but the guy pursued

i dont know, details are still sketchy and probably wont be revealed until the trial

Comment

Originally posted by magi877 View Post
                              he wasn't concealed carry, in PA there is no law against open carry therefore, by default it is legal. and there is no law (other than common sense) that prohibits carrying in a bar.

apparently the dead guy did start the fight and then shooter did try to get away by putting some people in between himself and the dead dude, but the guy pursued

i dont know, details are still sketchy and probably wont be revealed until the trial
                              DUI is criminal bc you can endanger other ppl's lives but having guns in a bar is fine.

Another episode of Only in 'murica.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                                or maybe Japanese society tends to have little desire to fight amongst themselves

people kill people is a valid argument.....considering that no weapon is gonna grow legs and get up and start attacking people of its own volition...and evidently in Japan they have little desire for gratuitous violence
                                evidently you have never watched SAMURAI PRINCESS?

http://asianwiki.com/Samurai_Princess

But yes I do think in genrral the overall rate of desire for anything sexual or violent, or sexually violent, by Japanese citizens is dropping

too much

they sell more adult diapers in japan then infant ones.. the Japanese have fallen far below the replacement rate for births. they are a nation with doubtful prospects for the future

i mean, someone may enjoy the nation's wealth and economy and cities they have built, but they will not be traditional japanese peoples

they have made some drastic changes in their psyche--far removed from the days of the murderous ' rape game' played by soldiers in Nanking in 1938.

from that warlike culture, where the folks at home were in full support, to the nation they have today is very remarkable

Comment

Working...
                                X