This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    I'm going to need actual sources for this one. This would be the first I hear of this. It sounds as wild as being able to "tell" that someone littering is a democrat or liberal...
    I'll do it for you:
    https://www.politifact.com/new-york/...rats-rep-tenn/
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Why should we even care about the supposed political allegiance of a psychopath? Are we there now?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

You have to get into the mind of Annoyed. Everything has a political agenda. He is incapable of seeing any issue outside of partasianship.
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

I'm going to need actual sources for this one. This would be the first I hear of this. It sounds as wild as being able to "tell" that someone littering is a democrat or liberal...

You are interpreting "push back" as an instigation of violence? That's a stretch and if this is the best you can do then I got some news for you....it is nothing compared to shooting up churches and synagogues, attempting to blow up mosques, running people over with a car, beating people up, stabbing them, and shooting them all the while claiming that Hitler did nothing wrong. Let me put it this way, you talking about far left violence is like GF talking about Christian fanaticism. It was true at one point, but not today.
          Bolded is my issue, and I'll dump on any variation of it, Christian or otherwise. Christian riles me more because the (re)rise of fanatical Christianity is in the face of fanatical Islam.
          Just another brick in the wall.
          sigpic

Comment

https://slate.com/technology/2019/05...elections.html

Trump may not have colluded with Russia but they certainly did interfere (which trump admitted), so why try and stop legislation to prevent it?
            sigpic

Comment

You are interpreting "push back" as an instigation of violence? That's a stretch and if this is the best you can do then I got some news for you....it is nothing compared to shooting up churches and synagogues, attempting to blow up mosques, running people over with a car, beating people up, stabbing them, and shooting them all the while claiming that Hitler did nothing wrong. Let me put it this way, you talking about far left violence is like GF talking about Christian fanaticism. It was true at one point, but not today.
              so when lefties engage in totally unwarranted harassment and bullying against conservatives it's called "push back"....*sniff sniff* smell that? that's the smell of hypocrisy

and as for mass shootings I believe the Colorado movie theater shooter turned out to be registered Democrat....can't recall any others off the top of my head save for all the gratuitous violence the left-wingers in ANTIFA engage in on a near daily basis

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                so when lefties engage in totally unwarranted harassment and bullying against conservatives it's called "push back"....*sniff sniff* smell that? that's the smell of hypocrisy
                Who called it "unwarranted"?
                You want to deny people rights, they push back, or should they just roll over and accept your "opinion"?
                Grow up.
                Unwarrented my arse.
                and as for mass shootings I believe the Colorado movie theater shooter turned out to be registered Democrat....can't recall any others off the top of my head save for all the gratuitous violence the left-wingers in ANTIFA engage in on a near daily basis
                Gave you the link, guess it was too real for you, or "obviously leftie" of "fake news", or what ever other state of denial you happen to be in.
                I punch you, you run me over with a car?
                Someone has forgotten the precepts of his just war doctrine...……….
                sigpic

Comment

So your argument is "They do exist we just don't hear about it because the black helicopters are hiding the truth!!!"....right...I'd sooner buy your Florida swamp land than buy into this load of crap.

If you were in your 20's or late teens you'd be an ideal target for recruitment/radicalization by the Alt-Right. That's how messed up that argument is. They start with conspiracy theories about the ominous "left" as a gateway drug for "The Jews are doing it". That's the first step of recruitment for the Alt-Right. Convince you that there can be a conspiracy out there, make it sound not racist by calling it the "left" and once you buy into that, they can start suggesting small things. Like Soros funding the "Left"...oh, he's a Jew and so are a few others. Oh...guess what? All the Jews are doing it!
                  Not even close. Although many of my views have changed since my 20's as I grew older and wiser, even back then, I was never malleable or easily influenced by anyone. i was taught to look at things for myself an reach my own conclusions, without needing anyone to tell me what to think.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Not even close. Although many of my views have changed since my 20's as I grew older and wiser, even back then, I was never malleable or easily influenced by anyone. i was taught to look at things for myself an reach my own conclusions, without needing anyone to tell me what to think.

You have quoted known Russian GRU owned sources over the course of the Russian investigations. NO ONE is immune to influence, not you, not me.
                    Thinking you are is arrogance, and don't tell me you do the "best you can", because I know what sources you agree with, and the ones you consider fake.
                    That's not looking at things objectively, that's looking for positive re-enforcement.
                    sigpic

Comment

I call BS. You are easily influenced by Trump in the present. I bet it was easier in your past
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        I call BS. You are easily influenced by Trump in the present. I bet it was easier in your past
                        Why is it so hard to accept that Trump came along and gave voice to many opinions I've had for decades. Go back to when I joined this anthill after SyFy's boards closed. I was saying some of the same things before Trump came into the picture.

I'm not parroting him or being led. I LIKE many aspects of his agenda. He isn't perfect, but he does advocate many of the same things I do.

Comment

Why is it so hard to accept that Trump came along and gave voice to many opinions I've had for decades.
                          I understand the desire for change, the fact I disagree with HOW that change can be enacted is the difference.
                          The fact you can only have it your way or no way is another.
                          Go back to when I joined this anthill after SyFy's boards closed. I was saying some of the same things before Trump came into the picture.
                          Anthill?
                          This place has always been bigger than the SyFy board.
                          I'm not parroting him or being led. I LIKE many aspects of his agenda. He isn't perfect, but he does advocate many of the same things I do.
                          You can like his agenda as much as you want.
                          Will you accept criminal behaviour by your elected officials to get that agenda?
                          This isn't left V right, it's about you.
                          What will you accept to get what you want?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            Anthill?
                            This place has always been bigger than the SyFy board.
                            I used the term in a generic sense; any collection of social insects.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                            You can like his agenda as much as you want.
                            Will you accept criminal behaviour by your elected officials to get that agenda?
                            This isn't left V right, it's about you.
                            What will you accept to get what you want?
                            At that level, no one's hands are "clean". Proven in court or not, Hillary clearly broke the law in many different ways, mostly with the goal of evading oversight.

The same applies with Trump. I have absolutely no doubt that his hands are dirty as well. While I don't really believe that he outright colluded with a foreign power to influence the 2016 election, it's quite likely that he is guilty of something in response to the accusations against him.

Beyond that, if it was looked into, I would expect the same sort of financial chicanery that you would see in anyone with the financial resources to play in that ballpark in either of them.

Yes, there are lines that Trump could cross that I would not accept, but evaluation of any individual situation would require knowing the entire situation at the time, so I cannot give exact examples.

Comment

I used the term in a generic sense; any collection of social insects.
                              OK
                              At that level, no one's hands are "clean". Proven in court or not, Hillary clearly broke the law in many different ways, mostly with the goal of evading oversight.
                              The investigation proved otherwise.
                              Or do you want to cry "because Hillary" again?
                              The same applies with Trump. I have absolutely no doubt that his hands are dirty as well. While I don't really believe that he outright colluded with a foreign power to influence the 2016 election,
                              He was accused, and found innocent JUST LIKE HILLARY, and I accept that, you don't.
                              it's quite likely that he is guilty of something in response to the accusations against him.
                              So what is the resolution, under the constitution?
                              Beyond that, if it was looked into, I would expect the same sort of financial chicanery that you would see in anyone with the financial resources to play in that ballpark in either of them.
                              You are trying to play the equivalency game to avoid the issue. Hillary got looked into. but you want criminal charges agaist her despite her being cleared.
                              I want bacon.

Yes, there are lines that Trump could cross that I would not accept, but evaluation of any individual situation would require knowing the entire situation at the time, so I cannot give exact examples.
                              What a load of crap.
                              You are a apologist.
                              sigpic

Comment

[QUOTE=aretood2;14661663]Randomly stabbed people or otherwise attacked them in the street? Run them over with a car? Right wing extremists have done those things in the past decade alone here in the US and elsewhere.

cnn says it so, its got to be true----

Comment

Working...
                                X