This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    You've cut out a crucial piece of context - "Electricity is expensive when used for heating. It's t the other way round for driving."

There are cheaper alternatives than electricity for heating your house. It doesn't follow that electric cars, which aren't houses, are somehow useless in cold climates.

You know what electric car does better than a gasoline one in cold climate? START.

You know which country has the fastest rate of electric vehicle adoption in the world? Norway. One out of each 3 vehicles sold in the Norwegian market is all-electric.
    Can confirm this is true, we've got Russian-grade winters here in Canada and they do start on a whim.
    Spoiler:
    I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
      Define this ''main reason'' - Acting like a dictator?
      No, putting a stop to illegal immigration was one of his main campaign planks.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        How's that relevant to my post you quoted?
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

How's that relevant to my post you quoted?
          Well, you seem to think the main reason was acting like a dictator.

Comment

Ciricular argument. The wall still won't achieve this
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
              You've cut out a crucial piece of context - "Electricity is expensive when used for heating. It's t the other way round for driving."

There are cheaper alternatives than electricity for heating your house. It doesn't follow that electric cars, which aren't houses, are somehow useless in cold climates.

You know what electric car does better than a gasoline one in cold climate? START.

You know which country has the fastest rate of electric vehicle adoption in the world? Norway. One out of each 3 vehicles sold in the Norwegian market is all-electric.
              House or car, you get heat from electricity in one of two ways, which really boil down to one, one of which is intentional and the other is not (waste).
              You pass electricity through something which presents resistance to the flow of electricity, and that generates heat.
              If it's a heating element, either car or home, it's not waste. But is expensive. If it's passed through a load and that generates heat, then it's waste.

Comment

House or car, you get heat from electricity in one of two ways, which really boil down to one, one of which is intentional and the other is not (waste).
                You pass electricity through something which presents resistance to the flow of electricity, and that generates heat.
                If it's a heating element, either car or home, it's not waste. But is expensive. If it's passed through a load and that generates heat, then it's waste.
                Are you honestly suggesting that electric ''fuel'' for cars is more expansive than gasoline or diesel? It's not, nothing to argue there.

No. I was talking about McDonald Trump exonerating dictators over their slaughter of Americans and overall praising Dictators.

As for immigration, I'm not blaming him on that one, since he was elected for that and you're right one that one. What I am blaming him for is bypassing Congress with his BS national emergency.
                Spoiler:

Comment

Here, that's from Forbes, and don't say it's fake news bc Trump drools over the prospect to have his face on it, so much he cooked his numbers for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/constan.../#577705fe10b6
                  Spoiler:

Comment

Any and all moves the King makes will not be considered a precedent, more like an incident.
                    hope not if the neocons do it then the Dems had better use this as a precedent so they can also do it (for a valid reason this time)

it is
                    immigration's always the nationalists' excuse to oppress their own citizens
                    look at how another german dictator (Hitler) used the threat of foreign invaders to get elected & in the end he treated most of his own germans like garbage

You picture a bunch of desperados jumping the wall, crossing the desert and stealing jobs.
                    jobs that americans dont want in the first place (not that the GOP gives a s)

Isn't the #1 priority of a leader to unite his people instead of dividing them?
                    King Don may suck in math but he's really good at dividing

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    He supported the shutdown, but actually had a thought about using presidential emergency powers in such a wide ranging view.
                    This is why I say there is a spark of republicanism in him still.
                    Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    maybe if the next president's a Dem he can declare an emergency on environmental pollution
                    That is exactly why I don't like the idea of using emergency declarations on this issue
                    looks like GF owes me an organic free-range pasture-fed bacon sandwich

Comment

All true and all irrelevant.

Heating a car and heating a house are quite different in scale. It's expensive to continuously heat up lots of cubic meters of living space with electricity when it can be done with combustion-based central heating. But a car is a small closed space, and economics of electric heating are quite different.
                      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Here, that's from Forbes, and don't say it's fake news bc Trump drools over the prospect to have his face on it, so much he cooked his numbers for it.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/constan.../#577705fe10b6
                        A few selected excerpts:

Another cost associated with electric vehicles is a home charging unit. A charger that can provide 30 miles of range an hour costs about $600. Electric vehicle chargers can be purchased from common retailers such as Home Depot or Amazon.

To make installing chargers more affordable for drivers, some electric utilities provide discounts. For example, Alliant Energy offers customers in Wisconsin and Iowa up to a $500 rebate for purchasing and installing a Level 2 home charger.

Level 2 chargers supply 240 volts which is what an electric dryer or oven needs to operate. This type of charger provides up to 70 miles of range per hour and could be purchase for about $450.
                        An hour charge time for 30 miles? Or even 70? Absurd.

Comment

correct except fast-charge batteries are coming

Comment

A few selected excerpts:

How many hours of sleep per day do you get Sir? 5-6-7? Absurdity debunked.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            correct except fast-charge batteries are coming
                            Yup. I'd say Hybrids are the better choice right now with the current level of tech. Also give it a few years and recharge terminals will be everywhere in NA like they are in Europe.
                            Spoiler:

Comment

How many hours of sleep per day do you get Sir? 5-6-7? Absurdity debunked..
                              Unless of course, you have to drive more than 30 miles.... Which many people do on their daily commute, let alone trips.

Comment

You are assuming that the battery charges full in one hour. It does not
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X