That was fake news from the failing New York Times
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      NOT made in the USA........

Who would buy that?
      You would.

Just imagine how satisfying it would be to bite Trump's head off... even in the form of a chocolate bar.
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        So no conquering force, no empire is any better than any other.
        Correct?
        Not correct. There's a difference between describing a process and passing a value judgement. Yours is a particularly lazy and insidious kind of value judgement here. The logic goes "I can't be bothered with investigating causes; if two people are fighting, punish both of them because fighting is bad". Obviously, such logic encourages aggression, especially of the asymmetric kind.

Strange how we seem to forgive it when it is "ours". We even like to position "our" group as the victim.
        Oh no, no, no. "We" are just like everyone else, but worse because "we" have won, and because "self"-flagellating feels so similar to sanctimonious preening. Blaming "ourselves" - the ancestors or the political opponents from within, mind you, not the actual "us" - is an easy way and seemingly way to claim moral high ground through virtue signalling. (Although it's not as costless as it seems, as real decisions are taken on the basis of that crap).

Actually, we have more people than you have snakes.
        You have more people than we have koalas. But just barely.

I wonder why.
        It's in the name. Fertile Crescent. As in enough food to settle down in one place and set up a complex culture instead of wandering around perpetuating the same lifestyle over and over. Plus availability of founder crops that could be domesticated - wheat, barley, flax, chickpeas, barley. Plus four of the five most economically important animal species available for domestication.

Yet, they have vastly different reasons as to why.
        Not so different, I'd say.
        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
          You would.

Just imagine how satisfying it would be to bite Trump's head off... even in the form of a chocolate bar.
          You can keep dreaming my friend. If you want a piece of my Trump WH chocolate you're going to have to pay me at least 25% in tarrifs.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

No, it's human nature to compete and evolve, nether of these things require actual warfare anymore. Even competition does not require any kind of violence. What we really need is to evolve further.

Why would we suddenly not be able to defend ourselves?
            Because you've just suggested that humans must evolve away from their ability to engage in violence, presumably.

When that is brought up, I usually recall Isaac Asimov's suggestion in the last book of his Foundation series that even if humanity will never meet alien species which could threaten it, it could one day, intentionally or otherwise, produce such a species from within humanity itself via genetic engineering.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
              I have an announcement to make.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42800[/ATTACH]

That's right. Official White House Presidential chocolate, straight from Washington.
              Blasted Lizards! Peddling year old stale chocolate again.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

But it's your hero Trump.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

When that is brought up, I usually recall Isaac Asimov's suggestion in the last book of his Foundation series that even if humanity will never meet alien species which could threaten it, it could one day, intentionally or otherwise, produce such a species from within humanity itself via genetic engineering.
                  Geneticists can do so much, heck they are able to grow a semi-dino out of a chicken.

Heard about that Chinese scientists that altered a baby's gene recently? The baby is immune to aids now, supposedly.

We're still very very far away from creating an actual new species, but my guess is that it won't be an organic one.
                  Spoiler:
                  I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                    Nice try, I just got your 20 private messages begging me to give you a piece. I cannot have this Annoyed.

Since you supported Trump's counter-productive efforts to your national economy and my own, it'll be 70% tarrifs for you.
                    Spoiler:

Comment

Nice try, I just got your 20 private messages begging me to give you a piece. I cannot have this Annoyed.

Since you supported Trump's counter-productive efforts to your national economy and my own, it'll be 70% tarrifs for you.
                      Joke's on you, Lizard! Due to medical concerns, I wouldn't want it anyway, even if it were fresh.

Hmmm... Now, if you can get one of your fine Canadian breweries to package "Trump" brand beer, as Jimmy Carter's brother did back in the 70's, we can have a conversation.

Comment

Not correct. There's a difference between describing a process and passing a value judgement. Yours is a particularly lazy and insidious kind of value judgement here.
                        It's not lazy, it's informed by tour own attitude

Look at your own sig (again), just lazy "OMG we a jewish so they will crap on us, CRAP.
                        A value judgement must be made, and your ability to put value judgement as harassment is becoming all too clear. You don't care if it is "right", so long as it is good for you, and you are no better than annoyed on this.
                        The logic goes "I can't be bothered with investigating causes;
                        There are many things you could accuse me of, not investigating is not one of them.
                        if two people are fighting, punish both of them because fighting is bad". Obviously, such logic encourages aggression, especially of the asymmetric kind.
                        It's what the middle east engages in, sorry.

Oh no, no, no. "We" are just like everyone else, but worse because "we" have won, and because "self"-flagellating feels so similar to sanctimonious preening.
                        It's called accepting our failures.
                        When I make a mistake, I own it, and I don't have to whip myself to do it.
                        It's not sactimonius, it's humble.
                        I was wrong, try it sometime.
                        Blaming "ourselves" - the ancestors or the political opponents from within, mind you, not the actual "us" - is an easy way and seemingly way to claim moral high ground through virtue signalling. (Although it's not as costless as it seems, as real decisions are taken on the basis of that crap).
                        "It's all virtue signalling, it's all a dodge, it's all a con"
                        No one can reach out to you, cause you will only accept it under your own terms, and under your terms, no-one helps anyone, cause they have no reason to.
                        How much money have you stolen from the US under the exact same virtue signalling?
                        You have more people than we have koalas. But just barely.
                        Koalas only screw themselves.

It's in the name. Fertile Crescent. As in enough food to settle down in one place and set up a complex culture instead of wandering around perpetuating the same lifestyle over and over. Plus availability of founder crops that could be domesticated - wheat, barley, flax, chickpeas, barley. Plus four of the five most economically important animal species available for domestication.
                        You got bigger guns and destroyed your production, and you ask, no DEMAND funding to fix your mistakes.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It's not lazy, it's informed by tour own attitude

Look at your own sig (again), just lazy "OMG we a jewish so they will crap on us, CRAP.
                          It would have been wrong if it weren't right and regularly proven true, wouldn't it?

A value judgement must be made, and your ability to put value judgement as harassment is becoming all too clear. You don't care if it is "right", so long as it is good for you, and you are no better than annoyed on this.
                          And that, basically, is why I call it sanctimonious preening. The "we" just turned into "you" at the first sign of disagreement.

It's called accepting our failures.
                          When I make a mistake, I own it, and I don't have to whip myself to do it.
                          It's not sactimonius, it's humble.
                          I was wrong, try it sometime.
                          "Our" failures? "You" make a mistake?

Your "we" never includes the "I", that's the problem with it. You can only talk about your mistakes in terms of "if" or "when". The "we" is always someone else. Your ancestors, your political opponents at home and abroad, someone other than the actual you.

Your pretense of repentance is always a call for someone else, not you and yours, to repent for the failures that you and your political peer group ascribe to them. Not much different from a religious zealot declaring "we are all sinners" only to proceed to chastise everyone but himself for lack of virtue.

How much money have you stolen from the US under the exact same virtue signalling?
                          Not a cent. US aid helps the USA advance its interests, and most of its recipients pay back much less than my country does. But you're still saying "we" and meaning "you", did you notice?

You got bigger guns and destroyed your production, and you ask, no DEMAND funding to fix your mistakes.
                          A fantastically random reaction to explanation why the Fertile Crescent originated the most ancient civilizations. It occurs to me that you just skim through my post desperately searching for triggers to start a fight.

Comment

Geneticists can do so much, heck they are able to grow a semi-dino out of a chicken.

Heard about that Chinese scientists that altered a baby's gene recently? The baby is immune to aids now, supposedly.

We're still very very far away from creating an actual new species, but my guess is that it won't be an organic one.

Of course it will be an organic one. What else will it be?

We're in the baby steps of humanity's Genetic Age where we learn to rewrite our genes and modify them. Then comes the chaos and "interesting times" ahead. If anything science fiction should be a cautionary tale because many stories have been written about the misuse of such things.

BTW Trumpists I thought Mexico was paying for the wall so why is Trump crying for more money?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I don't even think we should be screwing with this stuff. Didn't Khan come to be as a result of humanity's attempts to create a master race? And of course, that reference to Hitler was intentional.

Not only are we still far too likely to misuse this technology, but we have no idea what the long term effects might be. We don't know as much as we think we do.

Comment

It would have been wrong if it weren't right and regularly proven true, wouldn't it?
                                It has, has it?

And that, basically, is why I call it sanctimonious preening. The "we" just turned into "you" at the first sign of disagreement.
                                I'm NOT talking of myself here at all, I am speaking to the collective "you", not even you personally womble.
                                Sorry.

"Our" failures? "You" make a mistake?
                                OUR'S= All of us.
                                YOU meaning my personal ones.
                                Your "we" never includes the "I", that's the problem with it.
                                I suggest you reread when you or tood have schooled me and I have accepted that you know better on the subject at hand. I make plenty of mistakes.
                                You can only talk about your mistakes in terms of "if" or "when". The "we" is always someone else. Your ancestors, your political opponents at home and abroad, someone other than the actual you.
                                Hardly true whatsoever.
                                Your pretense of repentance is always a call for someone else, not you and yours, to repent for the failures that you and your political peer group ascribe to them. Not much different from a religious zealot declaring "we are all sinners" only to proceed to chastise everyone but himself for lack of virtue.
                                I don't ask for repentance, for me, there is no such thing as repentance.
                                I have no divine "out". Every good, or bad action is answerable by me, and no one else.
                                There is no pretence.

Not a cent. US aid helps the USA advance its interests, and most of its recipients pay back much less than my country does. But you're still saying "we" and meaning "you", did you notice?
                                Notice you cannot deny you are given aid?
                                Yes, the US only gives you the money for self serving reasons, it's a bribe to be the US's friend in the region, and Israel takes it all.
                                Don't accuse anyone of being self serving when you KNOW you are being bought off, OK?
                                As for "ME", my country gets no handouts from the US government, and I personally do not get anything at all, so NO, this has nothing to do with "me".
                                As for politics, the right believes in the "far left globalist Jewish state" run by Soros, yet you think the left is after destroying Israel???
                                So, "everyone is out to get you?"
                                I don't want to get you, I just think the establishment of a Jewish state in Israel was as destructive to the region as separating India and Pakistan, and I think using religion as a basis for drawing geopolitical lines is stupid. History shows that doing so is a really, really bad idea.

A fantastically random reaction to explanation why the Fertile Crescent originated the most ancient civilizations. It occurs to me that you just skim through my post desperately searching for triggers to start a fight.
                                I don't want to FIGHT with you Womble, I never have.
                                sigpic
                                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Working...
                                X