This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
    What if I told you that some will die if sent back to their country? Did you happen to notice how bad Venezuela has become or Syria etc.? Sure one could assume there are a lot of them that are not in immediate danger, but some are and sending them back is a death sentence.
    Ok, let's grant your argument. Why did many people in that caravan refuse asylum offered by Mexico and choose to continue to the U.S. Once in Mexico, they had escaped the reach of the government they were claiming asylum from. Under the concept of asylum, they should have accepted Mexico's offer.

You don't get to pick and choose were you can get asylum.

Oh, and here's an idea. When these caravans arrives at our southern border, how about we load them all into buses and drop them at the Canadian border. Your country will be happy to take them, right?

Oh, wait. Didn't I read something about Canada preparing to deport some unlawful immigrants to Canada from the U.S.?

If your country isn't willing to take them, why should we be obliged to?

My answer to most of the rest of your post is covered in what I wrote above.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Trump now says if any of the refugees throw rocks at troops they are to treat the rocks as rifles and shoot them?

This is wrong, very, very wrong.
      it's to gain more votes

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
      asylum offered by Mexico
      frying pan to fire
      lol

Comment

Ok, let's grant your argument. Why did many people in that caravan refuse asylum offered by Mexico and choose to continue to the U.S. Once in Mexico, they had escaped the reach of the government they were claiming asylum from. Under the concept of asylum, they should have accepted Mexico's offer.

You don't get to pick and choose were you can get asylum.
        How's Mexico any better? Would you want to immigrate there without having a job to begin with? Good luck finding one, because they are scarce and underpaid, not really an improvement there compared to what they had. Also many have stayed there by the way, but yea most of them are trekking on to the US. They had no choice but to take the shortest road (Veracruz), which is infested by Cartel smugglers, which control the smuggling business. They provide gear, food, water and ''protection'' for a fee of a few thousand dollars. You can't pay? No problem. You become a slave to the organized crimes for a few years until the debt is paid. Cartel control the most direct routes to the US and you have no choice but to deal with them or face consequences. Their US pals then take you in dedicated safe-houses, and you either pay them right there or they force you to work for them for years, you can't run away, because they threaten to hurt your family if you don't comply. Women become prostitution goods, men are used for more dangerous jobs.

Look up the ''Drugs Inc'' show's episode on migrant smuggling.

Oh, and here's an idea. When these caravans arrives at our southern border, how about we load them all into buses and drop them at the Canadian border. Your country will be happy to take them, right?

Oh, wait. Didn't I read something about Canada preparing to deport some unlawful immigrants to Canada from the U.S.?

If your country isn't willing to take them, why should we be obliged to?

My answer to most of the rest of your post is covered in what I wrote above.
        The folks that come over to Canada were not illegal immigrants, they wanted to apply for the refugee status, which was not granted. They were temporarily living here, and still are until they get processed. Do you understand the difference between refugee / immigrant / illegal immigrant?

Here's a link for stats about Canada and refugees, there's a bunch of stats compiled on this website.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ada-by-status/

Canada welcomes approximately 250 thousands refugees / immigrants each year + 25k Syrian refugees in 2017. For a population as small as ours,(California has a higher population than our whole country) I think it's quite good. Could we do more? Of course, but we had 8 years of Conservative in power and things are slowly going back to normal again.
        Spoiler:
        I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post

frying pan to fire
          lol
          Yup.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

The folks that come over to Canada were not illegal immigrants, they wanted to apply for the refugee status, which was not granted. They were temporarily living here, and still are until they get processed. Do you understand the difference between refugee / immigrant / illegal immigrant?

Here's a link for stats about Canada and refugees, there's a bunch of stats compiled on this website.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/...ada-by-status/

Canada welcomes approximately 250 thousands refugees / immigrants each year + 25k Syrian refugees in 2017. For a population as small as ours,(California has a higher population than our whole country) I think it's quite good. Could we do more? Of course, but we had 8 years of Conservative in power and things are slowly going back to normal again.
            To his kind of people, they are all the same. Illegals no matter what the laws say.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
              To his kind of people, they are all the same. Illegals no matter what the laws say.

Well only some people deal in absolutes.
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

And then how low can you go? Blame the victims that's what...

https://shareblue.com/trump-synagogu...eoauhgMGZcQwHw

Or should that be "how much lower can you go?"

Comment

Well only some people deal in absolutes.
                  Correct, that would be Sith Lords.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

And then how low can you go? Blame the victims that's what...

https://shareblue.com/trump-synagogu...eoauhgMGZcQwHw

Or should that be "how much lower can you go?"
                    That is not blaming the victims.
                    If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                      Those sort of things are considered victim blaming these days....and it's usually when it has political ramifications. No one ever says it's victim blaming when you are told that you should have locked your car when it gets stolen because you left it unlocked.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Correct, that would be Sith Lords.
                        If someone abuses that line one more time, im going to start hitting people
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          Yeah, it kinda is. Suggesting that if they had armed officers or parishioners the outcome would have been different while true is kinda in bad form. Typical Trump "Foot in Mouth" disease.

Placing the blame anywhere but on the shooter is nonsense, and merely trying to capitalize on the tragedy for various reasons.

Comment

Yeah, it kinda is. Suggesting that if they had armed officers or parishioners the outcome would have been different while true is kinda in bad form. Typical Trump "Foot in Mouth" disease.

Placing the blame anywhere but on the shooter is nonsense, and merely trying to capitalize on the tragedy for various reasons.

I don't think this is foot in mouth disease you are making excuses this guy does this all the time.

Comment

As CocoPops said that foot in the mouth excuse is getting old. I could accept an occasional slip, but we are way beyond that now.

I think you're fooling yourself into thinking he doesn't do it on purpose because you agree with some of his politics.

If I put myself in Trump's shoes right now, I would know that to stay in office means seeking the support of right-leaning states. Guns, patriotism and such are core elements to the culture of these people, therefore it is widly accepted that one should be able to protect himself without the assistance of the government.

Its literally impossible for Trump to advocate any other position than supporting self-defense, he backed himself up into a corner. EVEN if he was personally against it, he couldn't act any different because that would mean politics suicide.
                              Spoiler:

Comment

As CocoPops said that foot in the mouth excuse is getting old. I could accept an occasional slip, but we are way beyond that now.

I think you're fooling yourself into thinking he doesn't do it on purpose because you agree with some of his politics.

If I put myself in Trump's shoes right now, I would know that to stay in office means seeking the support of right-leaning states. Guns, patriotism and such are core elements to the culture of these people, therefore it is widly accepted that one should be able to protect himself without the assistance of the government.

Its literally impossible for Trump to advocate any other position than supporting self-defense, he backed himself up into a corner. EVEN if he was personally against it, he couldn't act any different because that would mean politics suicide.
                                Absolutely, people have the right to defend themselves, and absolutely, they should have the right to obtain weapons with which to do it. The govt. has no business taking guns away from law abiding citizens.

But we shouldn't have to live in an armed camp, either. Certainly, the should have had the right to be able to protect themselves with firearms if they chose to. Just because they chose not to doesn't mean its their fault some whack job decided to attack them. The blame for that lies squarely at the feet of the whack job, and no one else.

Comment

Working...
                                X