X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Why should it be ok to have a partisan judiciary, but not a partisan SCOTUS? They both perform the same function.
    No, they don't.
    They don't ? How many times has the ultra liberal 9th circus ruled that Trump policies were against the law or the Constitution? Yeah, sure, most of that crap will be reversed once a sensible SCOTUS rules on those cases, but those lower courts are performing the exact same function, except at a lower level. That is their function.

Again, in your eyes, it's perfectly acceptable to have a biased judiciary, as long as the bias favors the left. It will be damned nice to have a judiciary that is biased towards the right for a generation or so.

And I've said long ago that this is by far the most important contribution Trump will make to this country's future.

What else was happening?
    Trying to shove Obamacare down our throats in a hurry up process?

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." - Nancy Pelosi.

Comment

They don't ? How many times has the ultra liberal 9th circus ruled that Trump policies were against the law or the Constitution? Yeah, sure, most of that crap will be reversed once a sensible SCOTUS rules on those cases, but those lower courts are performing the exact same function, except at a lower level. That is their function.
      You just pointed out the difference.
      Again, in your eyes, it's perfectly acceptable to have a biased judiciary, as long as the bias favors the left. It will be damned nice to have a judiciary that is biased towards the right for a generation or so.
      How many times have I said I don't want it leaning either way?
      It never seems to sink in.
      And I've said long ago that this is by far the most important contribution Trump will make to this country's future.
      Possibly.

Trying to shove Obamacare down our throats in a hurry up process?

"We have to pass the bill so that you can find out what is in it." - Nancy Pelosi.
      Is that the first time it ever happened?
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

How many times have I said I don't want it leaning either way?
        It never seems to sink in.
        Oh, really. Just a quick example off the top of my head.

I don't recall any objections from you when the DC court ordered DACA to continue.
        The entire DACA program is unconstitutional; Obama didn't have the authority to start the program to begin with. That issue is the purview of the Congress, not the executive.
        But of course, the left leaning court that was chosen to hear the case ignored that little detail.
        Any objections to that ruling?

Comment

And then he said this

He accuses the democrats of making up numbers for Hurricane Maria death toll

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-...-toll?ref=home
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I hope you had the good sense to straighten them out on that. The parents are not subordinate to the teachers, rather it is the other way around. The schools and teachers are subordinate to the parents.
            You cannot reason with a deluded power hungry head (I tried), my son only had a few months left so it was no bother being banned, also had its benefits too since every school he's been to since knows about what happened and won't mess with us.

Comment

I don't recall any objections from you when the DC court ordered DACA to continue.
              The entire DACA program is unconstitutional; Obama didn't have the authority to start the program to begin with. That issue is the purview of the Congress, not the executive.
              But of course, the left leaning court that was chosen to hear the case ignored that little detail.
              Yes.

You dropped your tin foil by the way
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Which was sent to the 5th circuit for appeals.
                The entire DACA program is unconstitutional;
                That's your opinion, it's not what the law finds.
                Obama didn't have the authority to start the program to begin with. That issue is the purview of the Congress, not the executive.
                Actually, it is. it's the same E.O. system trump used for his travel bans.
                Which one?
                It was heard in DC, then appealed to the 5th.
                Last edited by Gatefan1976; 13 September 2018, 03:07 PM.
                sigpic

Comment

Which was sent to the 5th circuit for appeals.
                  That's your opinion, it's not what the law finds.

Actually, it is. it's the same E.O. system trump used for his travel bans.

Which one?
                  It was heard in DC, then appealed to the 5th.
                  We'll see. By the time these cases get to SCOTUS, we'll have a sane SCOTUS.

Comment

We'll see. By the time these cases get to SCOTUS, we'll have a sane SCOTUS.
                    Oh, so it's ok if it's biased to the right?
                    sigpic

Comment

Isnt that the defens mechanism he uses when he loses an argument?
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Isnt that the defens mechanism he uses when he loses an argument?
                        It's like trump tweets

https://www.huffingtonpost.com.au/en...b0511db3dd7222
                        sigpic

Comment

And in a fine demonstration of a politician talking out of both sides of his arse at the same time...

It's no surprise Cuomo won the Democratic primary for NY Governor, but...

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...w-york-primary

Cuomo has been seen as an almost certain candidate for president in 2020.

After years of staying out of the national political conversation, he took on a leadership role with the Democratic Governors Association last year, a move interpreted as giving him an entree to big-dollar Democratic donors ahead of a national campaign.

Last month he opened a federal political action committee, another step toward building a bigger profile.

But he said in his only debate with Nixon late last month that the only way he would not finish his third term as governor “is if God strikes me dead.”
                          Dead or alive, how much you want to bet his hat is in the ring come 2020?

Comment

And in a fine demonstration of a politician talking out of both sides of his arse at the same time...

It's no surprise Cuomo won the Democratic primary for NY Governor, but...

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign...w-york-primary

Dead or alive, how much you want to bet his hat is in the ring come 2020?
                            So, what's your problem?
                            Liars can't run for POTUS?
                            sigpic

Comment

Oh, so it's ok if it's biased to the right?
                              For a generation or two, (if we're lucky) I'm fine with it being biased to the right. They can undo some of the damage done by activist/leftist justices over the past several decades.

Ideally, the courts should be neutral. Bur for several decades at least, activist left-leaning courts have been pulling new laws out of where the sun don't shine, adding things that were neither passed into law by the legislature or found in the constitution. One of the biggest examples is powers of the administrative state; agencies adding regulations that they don't have the power to enact and having them verified by activist judges. The executive branch (in the form of agencies) is not supposed to create law, it is supposed to execute laws created by the Congress and the Constitution.

For decades now, the left has been unable to push their agenda thru legislative process, too much of the country doesn't agree with it. So they have been using a left-leaning judiciary to advance their agenda, since it cant get passed legislatively.

So, I am fine with a far right leaning court for a while to undo some of the damage done by this process.

And before you make the argument that if I'm ok with this, I should be ok with affirmative action/preferential treatment to make up for past injustices to minorities, there is a big different. No black alive has ever been a slave, and the equal rights laws went through 60 years ago. Whereas the impact of this judiciary legislative activity is is an ongoing issue, continuing to this day.

Comment

So, what's your problem?
                                Liars can't run for POTUS?
                                Nope. Just that this particular politician is a lying sac of shiznit.

Oh, and although I can't vote in a Democratic primary under NYS law, if I had been able to vote, I would have voted for Nixon, an extreme left progressive.

Comment

Working...
                                X