Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

.... oh fine... i have to share something unreleated but hilarious... because of hte first lady comment lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nranUeNkXpM

all im concerned about is what will our society be like in 30 years? 100? will we will still have school shootings? will we still have poverty? will we still be able to sit at home and look at housing and food bills we cannot afford while eating highly overprocessed food full of insecticides and poisons? who will we be able to blame in 100 years when we look at governmental and corporate issues that hurt us all?

we clearly need to stand up and say if immigration is going to happen we need to indoctrinate them to guns, alcohol, fast food, and late night tv shows that are shocking and full of horrific violence, nudity, and out of place humor

i mean i suppose we could instead try to fix all those things so everyones healthy happy and hte worlds not overpopulated while religion acts as a point of societal inspiration to be better without leaving our tv and media being broken or too stale, we need the right mix of wild and crazy media to spice up boring but strong and sturdy home life that is full of hope and wonder and family togetherness, we also need christmas to be good for everyone and to be a full two month holiday that thanksgiving shares... maybe have christmas go into the first month of the year too... call it... post christmas christmas

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Did anyone see the Daniel Dale tweets?

Daniel Dale has live tweeted the Trump Rally. It's actually for Rosendale but Trump being who he is. "It's all about him"

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1037815501802692609

Here's some highlights

- Says in most states he's more popular now than at the election. He's not.
      - Is told by Rosendale (who this rally is supposed to be for) that the crowd is there for Trump.
      - Claims that the Democrats are preparing to gut Social Security and Medicare but Trump will stop them.
      - Claims pro-Trump books command the top three spots on the best seller's list. In fact only #2 is pro-Trump.
      - Says that he can make a speech without notes is proof he's completely sane and in control.
      - Says the nomination was stolen from Bernie and then calls Bernie crazy.
      - Claims that NATO funding was declining until he forced them to pay up. It wasn't and he didn't.
      - Claims a NATO leader called him "sir" and thinks more of them need to do this to show proper respect.
      - Says the media won't acknowledge how amazing the Putin meeting was, calling it the best of his life.
      - Can't win against the media. But..."we're winning. I'm President. You're President".
      - Says that he shouldn't be impeached because he's doing a great job and that if he is impeached the US will fall as every President will then be impeached.
      - Tells his followers that if he is impeached then they are to blame because clearly they didn't go vote. Dale notes that this is a new one.
      - Does a "I'm not crazy, they're crazy!"
      - Brags that other countries are doing poorly and that without him the US would be in bad shape.
      - Is very pleased that Kim has said nice things about him, bringing it up two or three times now.
      - Promises to protect Medicare and not use it on illegal immigrants. This then lead to a rant about California Dem candidates. Reminder, he's in Montana.
      - Warns of the horrible costs for Medicare for all. The rest of the world rolls its eyes. Warns about a possible Dem as governor of Florida. Reminder, he's in Montana.
      - Slams Pelosi for not liking how Trump called MS-13 animals. Seems to think historical will acknowledge viewing gang members as sub-human as the right call.

And it seems after comparing himself to Lincoln he ended the speech.

He also believes one day he will write his very own Gettysburg address.
      And the social network ramblings of a clearly anti-trump hack matter because? I thought reporters were supposed to be neutral?

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
        i mean i suppose we could instead try to fix all those things so everyones healthy happy and hte worlds not overpopulated while religion acts as a point of societal inspiration to be better without leaving our tv and media being broken or too stale, we need the right mix of wild and crazy media to spice up boring but strong and sturdy home life that is full of hope and wonder and family togetherness, we also need christmas to be good for everyone and to be a full two month holiday that thanksgiving shares... maybe have christmas go into the first month of the year too... call it... post christmas christmas
        You know that's fantasy, right?
        How do you propose to cut population? Eugenics? Mass Sterilization? Or outright slaughter of parts of the population?

How do you make " christmas to be good for everyone and to be a full two month holiday that thanksgiving shares... maybe have christmas go into the first month of the year too... call it... post christmas christmas "

Exactly how are you going to give everyone 3 months off? People need services such as groceries, power & other utilities?

It can't work.

Comment

Eugenics still a thing? We're living 2018 and this guy is living in the 19 hundreds
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
            Eugenics still a thing? We're living 2018 and this guy is living in the 19 hundreds
            Yeah! We could test for genetics at birth, and cull anyone who shows the left / liberal gene! *

* Of course, that is utter nonsense, there is no such genetic marker.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Yeah! We could test for genetics at birth, and cull anyone who shows the left / liberal gene! *

* Of course, that is utter nonsense, there is no such genetic marker.
              Won't happen because any emails in regards to that would be on a private server, along with the Lizardmen and Illuminati files.
              Spoiler:
              I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

i meant more like a economic system that helps even out everyones lives and allowes better development and advancement so everyone can be super.... as for population thats difficult but dont worry america is busy having its corporations work on it, and now thiers a psuedo civil war over politics..... so yea we just need to encourage people to have 2 kids or less per person etc

Comment

Originally posted by AleksisMi View Post
                  i meant more like a economic system that helps even out everyones lives and allowes better development and advancement so everyone can be super.... as for population thats difficult but dont worry america is busy having its corporations work on it, and now thiers a psuedo civil war over politics..... so yea we just need to encourage people to have 2 kids or less per person etc
                  I think you had a point in your previous post. There has been COUNTLESS studies that proves that having a 4 days work week instead of 5 would actually increase productivity a lot. Think about it, Monday mornings and Friday afternoons are the most unproductive time in a workplace. Its a contested topic, but many economic experts are in agreement with this.

It's not only about working more, it's about productivity which is not directly related to the amount of hours spent at work.

But we have yet to see someone have the balls to do that.
                  Spoiler:

Comment

If the writer was truthful, we would know who he is and exactly what his position is. I've heard descriptions of "senior staff member" to "senior official". For all I know, he's the senior janitor in the White House dept. of building and grounds or facilities maintenance.
                    Why or how would we know? And if it was just a "senior janitor" why would the times publish it? And just a reminder, an anonymous source is anonymous to the public, not to the reporters. The reporters know who the sources are but for privacy/safety/job security reasons they keep the identity of that source a secret. It allows people to freely approach the press, especially whistle blowers.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
                    I think you had a point in your previous post. There has been COUNTLESS studies that proves that having a 4 days work week instead of 5 would actually increase productivity a lot. Think about it, Monday mornings and Friday afternoons are the most unproductive time in a workplace. Its a contested topic, but many economic experts are in agreement with this.

It's not only about working more, it's about productivity which is not directly related to the amount of hours spent at work.

But we have yet to see someone have the balls to do that.
                    I've heard the idea of reducing summer vacation to a summer break to have four day school weeks. I doubt it'll ever happen. The domestic tourism industry would oppose that, and then the issue of what to do with kids who would have a regular weekday without parents. And that's just for starters. Personally, I'd be okay with it.

Just like there are such issues in education, there are other issues with the 4 day week in other industries as well that go beyond productivity.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      Why or how would we know? And if it was just a "senior janitor" why would the times publish it? And just a reminder, an anonymous source is anonymous to the public, not to the reporters. The reporters know who the sources are but for privacy/safety/job security reasons they keep the identity of that source a secret. It allows people to freely approach the press, especially whistle blowers.
                      In case you hadn't noticed, the NYT is extremely biased. Hell, they still think Clinton won.
                      And the anonymity is not to protect the reporter, it's to protect the source. If the guy wants to make accusations, he ought to stand up and make them.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                      I've heard the idea of reducing summer vacation to a summer break to have four day school weeks. I doubt it'll ever happen. The domestic tourism industry would oppose that, and then the issue of what to do with kids who would have a regular weekday without parents. And that's just for starters. Personally, I'd be okay with it.

Just like there are such issues in education, there are other issues with the 4 day week in other industries as well that go beyond productivity.
                      The whole idea of schools closing down for the summer began when the US was a primarily agrarian society. THe kids were needed at home in the fields in order to put food on the table.
                      That is clearly no longer the case. For several decades now, it would have been far better to leave the schools open year round, with a year round curriculum. Screw the travel/tourism industry, that's not who the system is in place to benefit. But that's a strawman argument anyway.

I dare you. Propose or get your local representative to propose 12 month school years. I will guarantee you the first objectors will be the educators' unions, That's the group that benefits from 10 month years at the moment, not the students, whose interests they pretend to represent.

Comment

In case you hadn't noticed, the NYT is extremely biased. Hell, they still think Clinton won.

That's not their bias, that's YOURS.
                        And the anonymity is not to protect the reporter, it's to protect the source. If the guy wants to make accusations, he ought to stand up and make them.
                        The guy making the accusations is the source in this case. That's why it is an op-ed piece, not a normal report.

The whole idea of schools closing down for the summer began when the US was a primarily agrarian society. THe kids were needed at home in the fields in order to put food on the table.
                        That is clearly no longer the case. For several decades now, it would have been far better to leave the schools open year round, with a year round curriculum. Screw the travel/tourism industry, that's not who the system is in place to benefit. But that's a strawman argument anyway.
                        Why would it be better?
                        It would not benefit the students, and saying "screw X industry" just shows how badly you do not understand how interconnected economics is.
                        I dare you. Propose or get your local representative to propose 12 month school years. I will guarantee you the first objectors will be the educators' unions, That's the group that benefits from 10 month years at the moment, not the students, whose interests they pretend to represent.
                        What benefit do they gain? Let me guess, 12 weeks of "holidays"?
                        Also WHY is it the role of a TEACHERS UNION to represent the students?
                        Let me clue you in a little about teachers.
                        Nearly all teachers do NOT work actual school hours, in fact they statistically work MORE hours than nearly any other profession. Unlike most jobs, they do not work 9-5 (so 40 hours per week) they work around 52 hours per week, 12 of which they are NOT paid for, and that's just time AT school, let alone the stuff they have to do when they get home. As a young bloke. you probably worked 40 hours per week, all paid for. But when you left the workshop, your day was done. That's not the same for teachers. They STILL have work to do, work they are never paid for. In the "holidays" they STILL have work to do, work they are never paid for.
                        Quite frankly, you could not handle being a teacher.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Why would it be better?
                          Considering how US students are lagging behind those of other nations, I don't see how more classroom time can hurt.
                          Maybe they can make up the time they waste teaching utter BS like putting condoms on bananas.

Comment

Considering how US students are lagging behind those of other nations, I don't see how more classroom time can hurt.
                            Maybe they can make up the time they waste teaching utter BS like putting condoms on bananas.
                            Err, those kids in other countries have the exact SAME school time, including sex ed, that you have.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

This all boils down to "How dare they criticise my messiah lord and savior!"

Fun fact. The schools in Maryland in the past few years were starting to begin school earlier in august and end later in June. The Comptroller (I think two years ago) of the state began complaining about it. Starting last year, by executive order of the republican governor of Maryland, schools were forbidden from starting before Labor day and ending after June 15th. The Teacher's association had little to do with any of this.

Summer vacation is a thing in other countries too. And I mean a butt load of other countries. Basically the countries that have an education system that actually educates its population. Nations that beat our scores like Japan and China also have this too.
                              https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Summer_vacation

But hey, whatever, you seem to know everything there is to know about the education system and how it works, more so than people who are part of it. Because elitism, of course.

Here's a link from NEA giving some basic info and stating some researchers who find it to be a good idea
                              http://www.nea.org/tools/17057.htm

And here's a link from a teacher's perspective and it's not a negative one, it's actually somewhat of it:
                              https://www.edweek.org/tm/articles/2014/07/08/fp-evans-summervacation.html

Here's another site where it mentions teachers liking year round school, oh and it's a NEA article too:
                              http://neatoday.org/2014/09/04/distr...und-schools-2/

Here's another link that talks about schools where this is happening, resistance to it came from parents and not much is mentioned about teachers or unions:
                              https://www.districtadministration.com/article/schools-say-goodbye-summer-vacation

To be fair, I couldn't find anything from unions being against this. But it's not 100% popular among anyone. Teachers, Administrators, Parents, Students, they all are divided on the matter.

Annoyed, in this case, you really don't know what you are talking about. Please have some dignity for yourself.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

I got ninja'd...

As GF pointed out, and as my previous post also alludes to, those countries have breaks. I think Japan has two months and so does China. Europe and Latin America have months worth of vacation too. Though some European and Latin American nations spread out the vacation time, it still adds up to similar numbers. What matters, actually, are also hours in a day. The US could have 365 school days in a year, but only 2 hours a day...This article analyzes US versus the world on School hours:

http://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank...her-countries/

The US has more hours than most countries that are in the OECD (which tend to be the developed countries and the richer/more advanced developing nations). Chile is really the only one that beats the US in Primary School hours. Mexico beats the US in Secondary school ours. So there are some. However not all hours are used the same way by all countries so it is a lot harder to simply look at hourly rates or number of days. But to spare the research, the US doesn't underperform in this area at all.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X