This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
    How deeply are you examining the overall health of your economy?
    I haven't, hence the word "seems" as opposed to "is"

It actually wouldn't suprise me at all if in a few years our economy explodes due to either mismanagement or the follow-on effects of the value of the AUD. Already we are seeing damage to actual production industries out here and I don't imagine it getting any better TBH.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

What may very well be the saving grace to you economy is India. Seeing the solidification of commercial ties, and a solid export market gives me hope for your economy.

Comment

What may very well be the saving grace to you economy is India. Seeing the solidification of commercial ties, and a solid export market gives me hope for your economy.
        Perhaps, but I vaguely recall reading that there is tension between India and the AU major banks, so, who knows?

(Hmm, maybe we should start letting them win the Cricket )
        sigpic

Comment

Lol that might do it. India is buying a large portion of the unranium mining industry in Aus.

Comment

Lol that might do it. India is buying a large portion of the unranium mining industry in Aus.
            I'm not sure if it's the industry itself or just the material
            Does research

No, apparently it's just the material.
            sigpic

Comment

If the US economy catches a cold, many of the worlds economies catch pneumonia and die.
              I would green you if I could.
              Posting at.............
              http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Currently, they are in talks to purchase outright your nations largest uranium mine.

Comment

Originally posted by Graybrew1 View Post
                  I would green you if I could.
                  I know lol

Comment

Currently, they are in talks to purchase outright your nations largest uranium mine.
                    Linkie??
                    I can't find info on that
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Ours seems to be doing fine...............
                      I wouldn't say that; I mean it's still having trouble even though things seem to be starting to recover. It'll only be recovered once a steady influx of jobs starts coming through, once the US dollar increases in value and once the stock market returns to a form of what it was before 9/11. I don't understand the economy but I do understand that things aren't exactly the way they are and it may take years before things return to normal, that's all I know.
                      Back from the grave.

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                        I wouldn't say that; I mean it's still having trouble even though things seem to be starting to recover. It'll only be recovered once a steady influx of jobs starts coming through, once the US dollar increases in value and once the stock market returns to a form of what it was before 9/11. I don't understand the economy but I do understand that things aren't exactly the way they are and it may take years before things return to normal, that's all I know.
                        Errr
                        *Checks location

Nope, Not in the USA.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Zombies Rise from the Sea View Post
                          One point worthy of mention is just how super elevated market caps were per 9/11. To get back to a DOW and Nasdaq value like those seen at that time would require much.

Comment

One point worthy of mention is just how super elevated market caps were per 9/11. To get back to a DOW and Nasdaq value like those seen at that time would require much.
                            You have a point, this was the point in time where everything was super inflated and super high. That's why I said a form, it doesn't have to be 100% exactly like that, it just has to be similar while adapting to new circumstances.

@Gatefan1976 Didn't notice your location for a second, I guess Austrailia is still going strong since I haven't heard of alot of stories of economic downturn over there.
                            Back from the grave.

Comment

If another tech bubble comes around, we'll see it happen again. For a time, I thought Green Tech might serve this purpose. Sadly, that wasn't the case.

Comment

thumbs up if you hate Carrot nose (Julia Gillard)
                                little joke
                                '3 boys were fishing Julia ran past and fell in the lake she screamed to the boys "HELP ME! i will give you anything!" the 1st boy says "i want a ride on Air Force One" Julia replies "ok, you got it" so he gets a rope the 2nd boy says "i want Michael Jordan's autograph" Julia says "ok, you got it" so he goes and gets the ambulance the 3rd boy says "i want an electric Chair with a TV, Laptop and a minibar" Julia replies "why would you want that? your not disabled" the boy replies "when my dad finds out i saved you from drowning i will be!"
                                Last edited by LT. COL. John Sheppard; 13 February 2012, 01:40 AM.
                                sigpic
                                Ohhhhhhhh WHAM BAM THANK YOU MA'AM

Comment

Working...
                                X