This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    You seem ignorant to the fact that Social security was deducted from a worker's paycheck his entire working life. If the worker had kept that money and invested it himself; maybe some law requiring it be invested, the worker would most likely be set for life. However, the govt. mismanaged those funds.
    Certainly not legally, but ethically, the govt. ought to be liable for that.
    The thing I don't like is the time I spent working from the time I was 16 until I started teaching when I was 23...I put money in to Social Security that I will never see. In Texas teachers don't contribute to Social Security. Instead, that money goes into an account with the Teacher Retirement System (TRS). However, even contributing to TRS since I started teaching won't be enough to retire on. So, I have various other investment/retirement accounts set up. So, I don't see how (even if it weren't a government managed thing and law required us to invest a certain % of funds towards retirement) a worker would be set for life.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
      The thing I don't like is the time I spent working from the time I was 16 until I started teaching when I was 23...I put money in to Social Security that I will never see. In Texas teachers don't contribute to Social Security. Instead, that money goes into an account with the Teacher Retirement System (TRS). However, even contributing to TRS since I started teaching won't be enough to retire on. So, I have various other investment/retirement accounts set up. So, I don't see how (even if it weren't a government managed thing and law required us to invest a certain % of funds towards retirement) a worker would be set for life.
      Heh. You're in the wrong state. Do some research on teacher retirement in the larger cities in NYS.

Comment

Heh. You're in the wrong state. Do some research on teacher retirement in the larger cities in NYS.
        Why would I want to move to a place with higher taxes? I have no need or desire to research teacher retirement in someplace where I neither live nor have the desire to live.
        sigpic

Comment

I want to live in Australia which is why I'm going to rent that room GF is offering. I think I'm a lock since I gave him some of my fertilizer to regrow his lawn that was torched
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
            Why would I want to move to a place with higher taxes? I have no need or desire to research teacher retirement in someplace where I neither live nor have the desire to live.
            Because some of those higher taxes would end up in your pocket?

Comment

hey US conservatives/comrades: never forget who your TRUE leader is:

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b00a3224ee17d1

it all makes sense now
              lol

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                I want to live in Australia which is why I'm going to rent that room GF is offering. I think I'm a lock since I gave him some of my fertilizer to regrow his lawn that was torched
                What do you do for work again Jel?
                Lab tech?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...ushpmg00000313

Chelsea u dumb *****

Comment

Today, McInerney sat down with Fox Business host Charles Payne to talk about former torture victim Sen. John McCain’s objection to Trump’s nominee to head the CIA, Gina Haspel. McCain, who’s suffering from aggressive brain cancer, announced he’d be voting “no” on her nomination because she couldn’t bring herself to say torture was the wrong thing and immoral because of course "reasons" and all that jazz. What a dumbass these people are?

“Well, she can’t use it anymore because we’ve determined — the Congress — that it’s not legal. The fact is, is John McCain — it worked on John. That’s why they call him ‘Songbird John.’”
                    Typical FOX News there. Disgusting.

Meanwhile "Murica"

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/u...-neighbor.html
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

You mean, the thing you want to strip them of as it is a waste of money?
                      Solid argument there dude............
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                        Principles are not stupidity Soul.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Principles are not stupidity Soul.
                          failure to adapt is stupidity
                          blindly clinging to failed principles is stupidity*
                          if the 2016 elections didn't make that clear enough then the Democretins are beyond hope

*though what happened to senator Al Franken is a better example of this

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                            failure to adapt is stupidity
                            blindly clinging to failed principles is stupidity*
                            if the 2016 elections didn't make that clear enough then the Democretins are beyond hope

*though what happened to senator Al Franken is a better example of this
                            I think I shall dub thee TrumpReaver from now on, cause you sound no better than him.
                            Soul-less.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              I think I shall dub thee TrumpReaver from now on, cause you sound no better than him.
                              Soul-less.
                              as opposed to clue-less? (I mean hey it takes a special level of clueless to lump together people like Franken with true predators like Trump or Moore)
                              when this leads to turning on their own then they're even worse than Trumpets
                              add in a measure of Giuliani-style zero-tolerance (Giufan?) because that's exactly what they're doing & the trumpets must be laughing their AO

Comment

I mean just wait till their 2018 & 2020 national elections

they'll most likely be rigged of course (rules have changed) but irony is Government won't even need to rig them if the opposition keeps ruining its chances by replaying it like in 2016

Comment

Working...
                                X