Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And here comes the anti American sentiment again, how nice. Other nations recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation, but in the eyes of China it is a wayward province. Is that not the same situation as you described between Britain and the US after the breakaway?

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Except that the US was still considered a colony by Britain, and therefore, in the minds of the Brits, British soil. Not world policing. I'm talking about sovereign states, something that the US had not gained official recognition of until the Treaty of Paris. However, the US has invaded sovereign nations.
      So at the start of The war of 1812, the brits invaded the US....sounds like the Brits were trying to police us and the rest of the world by controlling the world and called it a empire........

Comment

Were the US not recognized by France as a sovereign state, how is it John Adams was welcomed as an accredited diplomat and Ambassador during the Revolutionary War?

Comment

Originally posted by AlexanderD View Post
          And here comes the anti American sentiment again, how nice. Other nations recognize Taiwan as a sovereign nation, but in the eyes of China it is a wayward province. Is that not the same situation as you described between Britain and the US after the breakaway?
          Except that it's true. The only time in recent history that I can think of where the US was persuaded to use military force in another sovereign nation by the UK and France was in Libya. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Read what I say again, and perhaps you will decipher the meaning.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

You're overlooking Lebanon in the early 80's. That was at the behest of the Israeli government.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
              So at the start of The war of 1812, the brits invaded the US....sounds like the Brits were trying to police us and the rest of the world by controlling the world and called it a empire........
              The United States declared war on England first. In fact, the UK was wanting to become more tolerant towards the US. But, the declaration of war prevented that.

Were the US not recognized by France as a sovereign state, how is it John Adams was welcomed as an accredited diplomat and Ambassador during the Revolutionary War?
              *facepalm* Except that I said it was. "Britain also declared war on France after the French recognized the US...". France recognized the US in...1778? Adams was recieved as diplomat in France in...1779.
              If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

You're overlooking Lebanon in the early 80's. That was at the behest of the Israeli government.
                Making Israel basically a protectorate in the eyes of America. From the way that many American politicians speak, you would think that Israel is an enclaved 51st State.

sigpic

Comment

Israel is far from a protectorate. Those politicians speak in that many due to the amount of money the Israel lobby brings to campaign coffers.

Comment

Israel is far from a protectorate. Those politicians speak in that many due to the amount of money the Israel lobby brings to campaign coffers.
                    I know that. Which is why I said "in the eyes of".

sigpic

Comment

Making Israel basically a protectorate in the eyes of America. From the way that many American politicians speak, you would think that Israel is an enclaved 51st State.
                      Israel is more than able to protect itself from people/countries who try to invade or destroy them. Every war that was against them, they came out on top every time.

Comment

The United States declared war on England first. In fact, the UK was wanting to become more tolerant towards the US. But, the declaration of war prevented that.

*facepalm* Except that I said it was. "Britain also declared war on France after the French recognized the US...". France recognized the US in...1778? Adams was recieved as diplomat in France in...1779.
                        The Chinese view Taiwan as Chinese soil. Much as the British viewed the colonies as their soil. Simply saying something is yours does not make it so.

Comment

I know that. Which is why I said "in the eyes of".
                          You make a claim, it's fired upon, then you seek to mitigate said claim. I'm sitting here wondering when this debate will wonder back to not allowing women in combat...

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                            Israel is more than able to protect itself from people/countries who try to invade or destroy them. Every war that was against them, they came out on top every time.
                            Indeed they did, and good for them. However, you cannot deny that the amount that Israel name flinging around is a bit ridiculous. It's almost as ridiculous as the Reagan name dropping.

The Chinese view Taiwan as Chinese soil. Much as the British viewed the colonies as their soil. Simply saying something is yours does not make it so.
                            Please read what I say. I never said that it was so, I said they viewed it as such, thereby motivating their actions in that regard. Read. What. I. Say.

You make a claim, it's fired upon, then you seek to mitigate said claim. I'm sitting here wondering when this debate will wonder back to not allowing women in combat...
                            Maybe if you bothered to read what I say, you could understand. I'm not backpedaling at all, I'm trying to elucidate to the point of absurdity what I've said, and what you clearly do not get. There is no mitigation.

sigpic

Comment

Condescending too? How nice! You are a veritable basket of joy and good tidings.

I've opted to mirror your tactics army own. Time and again you avoided points when made. In no way am I saying that you've made a point though. Must be my archaic point of view.

Comment

You clearly just wish to spew hatred about my country and the men and women that serve it.

Canada not only offered official "moral support" for the war but they sent 100 troops there too. They did not join the war but it was to show support to the US.

So, do you diss your 100 Canadian soliders as well?

Men and Women are physically different. They can never be truly equal. I for one would not want them too. Nowhere near as much fun.

Okay, you did it on purpose...but you said you were not being mean.

Since you hate my country so much it is kinda pointless to debate the specifics about it, your mind is made up. No other country gives as much aid as we do, either. I won't lower myself to attack your country.
                                Posting at.............
                                http://godus.boards.net/

Comment

Working...
                                X