X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Yes.

Range, accuracy and target tracking
    range & accuracy less important in densely populated areas eg. school premises
    no
    you really don't think it's possible to kill 17 people with a couple of handguns?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      range & accuracy less important in densely populated areas eg. school premises
      If you are walking the halls, range is less of an issue, but accuracy always is.
      you really don't think it's possible to kill 17 people with a couple of handguns?
      Sure you can, it will take longer, and the body count will be lower due to the differences between rifle rounds and handgun rounds.
      Also, it's harder to control an environment with a pistol, you don't have the "spray and pray" option you can employ with a rifle (yes, even a semi-auto) to keep yourself "safe"
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

the body count will be lower due to the differences between rifle rounds and handgun rounds.
        how so? unless targets are armoured all it takes is 1 bullet unless the target's lucky

you don't have the "spray and pray" option you can employ with a rifle (yes, even a semi-auto)
        spray with a semi-auto??
        (btw by handgun I meant semi-auto handgun)

Comment

since heavier bullets tend to conserve more of their kinetic energy (in other words more penetration & less transfer) wouldn't the most damaging round be lightweight & hollowpoint instead of a heavy & hollowpoint
          Yes.
          Wouldn't the most damaging round be a heavy hollowpoint style? As the hollowpoint goes through the body, it mushrooms out, greatly expanding its surface area. The dense normal round could go thru the target, but as the surface area spreads out, it would transfer more energy to the target, just as the lightweight round. The heavier round contains more kinetic energy though, and would destroy a wider swath of tissue.

Too damned bad Mythbusters got cancelled. This would be an interesting one for them.

(And no, what's currently on the air using the name isn't Mythbusters)

Comment

how so? unless targets are armoured all it takes is 1 bullet unless the target's lucky
            One bullet to put them down, sure, but not to kill. rifles are simply better at killing due to the way they work.
            spray with a semi-auto??
            Yep, you can pull the trigger pretty quick, and unless you are firing "from the hip", you will be far more accurate.
            (btw by handgun I meant semi-auto handgun)
            Pistols are by definition semi auto, I didn't think you were speaking about revolvers
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Wouldn't the most damaging round be a heavy hollowpoint style? As the hollowpoint goes through the body, it mushrooms out, greatly expanding its surface area. The dense normal round could go thru the target, but as the surface area spreads out, it would transfer more energy to the target, just as the lightweight round. The heavier round contains more kinetic energy though, and would destroy a wider swath of tissue.

Too damned bad Mythbusters got cancelled. This would be an interesting one for them.

(And no, what's currently on the air using the name isn't Mythbusters)
              It depends on at what stage the bullet mushrooms. If you get halfway through the target before it does, it would probably do less damage than if it penetrated and immediately mushroomed, yes?

Either way, hollow points are bad news for anyone shot with them, they serve no purpose but to do maximum tissue damage, which is no good for a game hunter, but real good for killing people.
              sigpic

Comment

One bullet to put them down, sure, but not to kill. rifles are simply better at killing due to the way they work.

Yep, you can pull the trigger pretty quick, and unless you are firing "from the hip", you will be far more accurate.

Pistols are by definition semi auto, I didn't think you were speaking about revolvers
                don't rifle rounds typically have more piercing power? not necessarily deadlier against unarmoured human targets

I may have got the definitions mixed up - I meant handguns (pistol or revolver w/e) that automatically reload the next bullet after the last bullet was fired so that all the shooter has to do is pull the trigger & not touch anything else until they run out of ammo (= "semi-automatic" right?)

Comment

don't rifle rounds typically have more piercing power? not necessarily deadlier against unarmoured human targets
                  Yes, which is why you only need a low calibre rifle, such as an AR-15.
                  I may have got the definitions mixed up - I meant handguns (pistol or revolver w/e) that automatically reload the next bullet after the last bullet was fired so that all the shooter has to do is pull the trigger & not touch anything else until they run out of ammo (= "semi-automatic" right?)
                  right.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                    hmpf......any kid walking out of any class of mine (were I a teacher) would receive an automatic failing grade....you come to school to learn, not whine and moan
                    In several middle schools you're not allowed to give a kid anything below a 50% for anything. Do you really think administrators like the one Lt.col mentioned will let you? That's the problem I am describing. People often forget that a school is more than the teachers in the classrooms. It doesn't matter what a teacher does if the building's/community's culture is broken.
                    By Nolamom
                    sigpic

Comment

Strict gun laws.... Come on people you are killing freedom
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Freedom was killed when the police wouldn't let me grill naked on the beach
                        Originally posted by aretood2
                        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                          Freedom was killed when the police wouldn't let me grill naked women on the beach

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            In several middle schools you're not allowed to give a kid anything below a 50% for anything. Do you really think administrators like the one Lt.col mentioned will let you? That's the problem I am describing. People often forget that a school is more than the teachers in the classrooms. It doesn't matter what a teacher does if the building's/community's culture is broken.
                            I know my district tried to do something like that. We weren't allowed to give grades below a 50%. I was like WTF...if a kid does no work he/she still gets a 50? What about the kid that works and is genuinely only earns a 50? Thankfully, the teacher's union pointed out that it is illegal for school administration to mandate what grade a teacher has to give a student.

A broken community is what we deal with in my district. Teachers bend over backwards for students, but a majority of the parents don't care. If the parents don't care, how can we expect the kids to care? All of my students have lofty dreams, which is great. Unfortunately, they don't put in the work to attain those goals.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              sigpic

Comment

Freedom was killed when the police wouldn't let me grill naked women on the beach
                                Rebel by grilling FH
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X