This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Nope. As I've said, I accept that there will always be fighting and squabbling there, due to the religious significance of the region. I don't pay a great deal of attention to the area.

But whatever the reason is, it really doesn't change the facts of the matter at all. The country should define its own capital, and the rest of the planet should accept that. Just as we define Washington, DC as our capital.
    I don't know, but it does not change the fact?
    If you don't know, you don't know fact's, and if you are unwilling to learn or accept your errors, you will never know a thing.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Whatever the "facts" may be, do they change the fact that the country should define what its capital is for itself?

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        Do you know -why- the world has not recognized Jerusalem as the capital of Israel?
        After the Second World War, the State of Israel was established and gradually recognized lawfully by most of the world’s countries. However, although the U.N. recognized the state of Israel in 1948, allowing it to become a member state, it placed the whole city of Jerusalem under international control on Dec. 13 1949. Despite this, most governmental offices moved to the city.

But in 1967, during the Six-Day War, Israel captured the eastern section of Jerusalem, which Jordan presided over, and declared Israeli law, jurisdiction and administration would be applied to the whole city. Israel’s occupation of East Jerusalem has been considered illegal under international law and was condemned by the U.N., as well as other states.

In 1980, the Knesset declared that “Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel,” but this law was declared null by the U.N., which called for the removal of the remaining embassies in the city.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
          After the Second World War, the State of Israel was established and gradually recognized lawfully by most of the world’s countries. However, although the U.N. recognized the state of Israel in 1948, allowing it to become a member state, it placed the whole city of Jerusalem under international control on Dec. 13 1949. Despite this, most governmental offices moved to the city.

But in 1967, during the Six-Day War, Israel captured the eastern section of Jerusalem, which Jordan presided over, and declared Israeli law, jurisdiction and administration would be applied to the whole city. Israel’s occupation of East Jerusalem has been considered illegal under international law and was condemned by the U.N., as well as other states.

In 1980, the Knesset declared that “Jerusalem, complete and united, is the capital of Israel,” but this law was declared null by the U.N., which called for the removal of the remaining embassies in the city.
          We have a winner
          sigpic

Comment

We have a winner
            Like you said...the "why" is important.
            sigpic

Comment

Like you said...the "why" is important.
              Perhaps I should annex part of Annoyed's house and declare it my capital
              sigpic

Comment

That is what I did when I moved into your backyard
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  That is what I did when I moved into your backyard
                  You declared it the capital of Jelgatia?
                  BTW, your candyvan is leaking oil...........
                  sigpic

Comment

Good luck with that!
                    sigpic

Comment

You declared it the capital of Jelgatia?
                      BTW, your candyvan is leaking oil...........
                      Your kids said they were thirsty so I gave them something
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Ok, I gotta admit, that's a crazy set of circumstances. So I can see why they care about what others consider their capital to be. But I don't even want to think about how badly the UN is overstepped its role there in the past.

Comment

You can have the basement. Just be sure the sump pump keeps working and the kitty litter is kept clean.

Comment

I annex the part -I- want, not the part you want me to
                            sigpic

Comment

Annex his cars. It seems to be what he cares about the most
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I annex the part -I- want, not the part you want me to
                                You'll annex the part I let you annex and you'll like it.

Comment

Working...
                                X