This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    No doubt, some on the right want to ignore the transgression of their standard-bearers, just as some on the left do.
    But not all of us on the right feel that way. Haven't I said that if someone, usually on the right, promotes "family values" or whatever, and then is caught with their pants down, so to speak, they should be held to the highest standard possible, because of the hypocrisy?
    A paragon of good morals does not idolize someone like Trump. The hypocrisy dripping from the GOP and it's loyal rank and file is downright atrocious. And then you have the heretics who elevate Trump to a level equitable to biblical prophets if not Jesus himself. The back door deals in Congress that defined the past year. And the rush to defend all of this all in the name of the "agenda". To be quite frank, the GOP, Trump supporters specifically, have not shown a moral backbone in any stance. And the "Christian" ones are either ignorant of Christianity at best or heretics/apostates at worst.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      A paragon of good morals does not idolize someone like Trump. The hypocrisy dripping from the GOP and it's loyal rank and file is downright atrocious. And then you have the heretics who elevate Trump to a level equitable to biblical prophets if not Jesus himself. The back door deals in Congress that defined the past year. And the rush to defend all of this all in the name of the "agenda". To be quite frank, the GOP, Trump supporters specifically, have not shown a moral backbone in any stance. And the "Christian" ones are either ignorant of Christianity at best or heretics/apostates at worst.
      So, what is your alternative? Hillary and the Democrats, who act at every turn against my interests?

Comment

So, what is your alternative? Hillary and the Democrats, who act at every turn against my interests?
        as opposed to the camp which pretends to act in your interests?

Comment

No doubt, some on the right want to ignore the transgression of their standard-bearers, just as some on the left do.
          Who on the left, and about who?
          But not all of us on the right feel that way. Haven't I said that if someone, usually on the right, promotes "family values" or whatever, and then is caught with their pants down, so to speak, they should be held to the highest standard possible, because of the hypocrisy?
          But you do.
          You -now- say you think trump can't do the job, yet despite all evidence given to you before the election, you chose to ignore it because you thought his agenda was good for you and voted for him anyway.
          People on the left who could not vote for Hillary, didn't.
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Or you could vote in more honorable people during the primaries. But no, morally bankrupt, Christian heretics, anti family values is what you voted in.
            By Nolamom
            sigpic

Comment

Howcome all the family values people are the ones that get caught doing weird and or illegal stuff?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Ain't that the truth?
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

It would also be interesting to compare how hard the media excoriate those of each stripe. Are they more tolerant of offenders on the left? For example, they're all howling about offenders on the right this week, but there have been several top Democrats accused this week. Not so much coverage of them, it seems.

I'm not saying the accusations are biased, but the coverage certainly seems to be.
                  Grand Ol' Pedophiles get endorsed for senate seats, Dems get called out and asked to resign.

That's the difference.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Perhaps instead of worrying about how the -media- reacts to things, you would be better served to look at how the people of the respective parties react, and the person involved.

The media may take a softer stance on "leftist" people, but the left sure as hell does not, they want people like Weinstein ejected, Spacy -ejected- and so on.
                  What I find utterly -hilarious- is that the right is so abjectly full of crap on these kinds of moral issues.
                  Hillary called people deplorable, and it's a national offence???
                  Trump berates war veterans.

Franken staged a "grope shot" as a comedian, and he is "going to have to quit"
                  Trump is accused of sexual harassment by 20 women, and it's fake news.

Spacey harassed women, and the left wants him gone.
                  Roy Moore did it, and the right wants to elect him to governor.

The left slaughters it's own, the right puts them into power.
                  Or, you know, what he said.

Child molesting is a little more than a simple transgression.
                  Sexual harassment and abuse, also a little more than a transgression.

And it's not some who ignore -- it's most all of them.

Love the pun.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Howcome all the family values people are the ones that get caught doing weird and or illegal stuff?
                  Because they are a bunch of hypocrits or more likely ashamed of who they are, or they simply want to impress the right people and betray their every value they have as human beings. It's probably peer pressure.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That is hardly an accurate statement. Politicians of both stripes have been caught in these scandals.

Comment

That is hardly an accurate statement. Politicians of both stripes have been caught in these scandals.
                      It's entirely accurate.
                      The left does not rely on religious grounds (generally), and generally don't run on "traditional values" either.
                      The right however -does-.
                      This is why the left will destroy it's people who get caught up in things like sex scandals, it's not the sex they object to, it's the victimization, and unlike the "religious" ones, they have no person or deity to claim "forgiveness" from.
                      God is a republican, obviously.
                      sigpic

Comment

It's entirely accurate.
                        The left does not rely on religious grounds (generally), and generally don't run on "traditional values" either.
                        The right however -does-.
                        This is why the left will destroy it's people who get caught up in things like sex scandals, it's not the sex they object to, it's the victimization, and unlike the "religious" ones, they have no person or deity to claim "forgiveness" from.
                        God is a republican, obviously.
                        Please re-read Coco's post.

He's saying that is only the "family values" people, and I'm saying pols of all flavors.

Comment

Please re-read Coco's post.

He's saying that is only the "family values" people, and I'm saying pols of all flavors.
                          I suggest you re-read what he said, there is a reason why he mentioned "family values" politicians, you just want to deflect into the larger pool of corruption.
                          whataboutism 1.0.1.
                          The left does not run on "family values", if anything it runs on "societal values", and they are not the same.
                          sigpic

Comment

Good Grief.

That clearly indicates that he is saying it's the righties that are getting accused of shenanigans.

Also, haven't I said that those who advocate "family values" should be held to the highest standards?

Comment

He did not mention the "right" AT ALL, he mentioned "family values"
                              Look to see your bias laid bare, he writes family values, and you read "right wing"
                              sigpic

Comment

He did not mention the "right" AT ALL, he mentioned "family values"
                                Look to see your bias laid bare, he writes family values, and you read "right wing"
                                He didn't have to. Many pols on the right preach family values. Very few on the left do. In context, it's a fair assumption he is talking about pols on the right..

Comment

Working...
                                X