This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    The only objection I have is on obscenity grounds.
    Like a kid peeing against the pole of a speedtrap?

Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

The only objection I have is on obscenity free speech grounds.
      fixed

and now for the latest news on a neocon favourite - Family Values:

http://www.newsweek.com/republican-s...dinator-716348
      "Trump Campaign Coordinator And 'Family Values' Republican Pleads Guilty To Child Sex Trafficking"

though in his defence he didn't specify which "family values" he defends :|

what d'you think of this one @Annoyed? (good company for Roy Moore)

Comment

Wait another Family Values defender -- there was one who was caught doing a guy in his office, and he was married to (don't know about the guy he was doing though -- could have been his assistent).

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          Wait another Family Values defender -- there was one who was caught doing a guy in his office, and he was married to (don't know about the guy he was doing though -- could have been his assistent).

Who was it?

Why is it always those people that scream "family values?"
          Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Glad they caught him. Disappointed that they're letting him do a plea deal, though. Hypocrisy like that should be made an example of, not have the punishment reduced. Particularly when kids are involved.

Comment

and Moore's worse (his victims below legal age of consent)

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                I understand your words, I do not get your context.
                Unitary as "the US is a unitary society" and it has flaws
                or
                Catalonia wants total independence and to leave it's unitary society
                or
                what?
                As in system of government where all power is maintained by the central government that only delegates limited power to local governments at its whim.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  Who was it?

Why is it always those people that scream "family values?"
                  Here you go: GOP rising star resigns after being accused of 'inappropriate behavior' with another man

Oh the irony... though...

Goodman's campaign website describes his family values, saying, "healthy, vibrant, thriving, values-driven families are the source of Ohio's proud history and the key to Ohio's future greatness. The ideals of a loving father and mother, a committed natural marriage, and a caring community are well worth pursuing and protecting."

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    As in system of government where all power is maintained by the central government that only delegates limited power to local governments at its whim.
                    Sure, that's not a good system, but the point I was trying to make was specifically the US, which does have constitutional limits on what the fed can and cannot do.
                    However.
                    The country is not the same country it was when it was formed and some issues really do need to be shifted to the federal level as local government simply cannot deal with them. Healthcare, educational standards and environmental issues can be aided at the local level, but they cannot be effectively manage them. Look at guns. a citizen can get a licence in state A, while living in state B in order to avoid the limitations of state B. Look at the arguments about Chicago being a failure of gun control, yet every one of those arguments ignores the fact that Illinois is surrounded by states with some of the laxest gun laws in the country and people can just drive across the border with their guns.
                    Some issues are just too large for local government.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

It would be interesting to wait a few months till this plays out and see how many Democrats/Liberals vs Republican/Conservative are embroiled in these scandals.
                      So far, it seems to be a very mixed bag, offenders on both sides of the fence.

It would also be interesting to compare how hard the media excoriate those of each stripe. Are they more tolerant of offenders on the left? For example, they're all howling about offenders on the right this week, but there have been several top Democrats accused this week. Not so much coverage of them, it seems.

I'm not saying the accusations are biased, but the coverage certainly seems to be.

Comment

Several on the left?
                        I only know of Franken, what others?
                        sigpic

Comment

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...assment-253977

I recall reading a headline about at least one other this AM, and another yesterday, but tbh, I am not paying too much attention to 'em right now, there are simply too many crawling out of the woodwork.

Comment

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/...assment-253977

I recall reading a headline about at least one other this AM, and another yesterday, but tbh, I am not paying too much attention to 'em right now, there are simply too many crawling out of the woodwork.
                            Politico is ok now? (with quoting buzzfeed, a left wing site if I ever saw one)

Perhaps instead of worrying about how the -media- reacts to things, you would be better served to look at how the people of the respective parties react, and the person involved.

The media may take a softer stance on "leftist" people, but the left sure as hell does not, they want people like Weinstein ejected, Spacy -ejected- and so on.
                            What I find utterly -hilarious- is that the right is so abjectly full of crap on these kinds of moral issues.
                            Hillary called people deplorable, and it's a national offence???
                            Trump berates war veterans.

Franken staged a "grope shot" as a comedian, and he is "going to have to quit"
                            Trump is accused of sexual harassment by 20 women, and it's fake news.

Spacey harassed women, and the left wants him gone.
                            Roy Moore did it, and the right wants to elect him to governor.

The left slaughters it's own, the right puts them into power.
                            sigpic

Comment

Politico is ok now? (with quoting buzzfeed, a left wing site if I ever saw one)

Perhaps instead of worrying about how the -media- reacts to things, you would be better served to look at how the people of the respective parties react, and the person involved.

The media may take a softer stance on "leftist" people, but the left sure as hell does not, they want people like Weinstein ejected, Spacy -ejected- and so on.
                              What I find utterly -hilarious- is that the right is so abjectly full of crap on these kinds of moral issues.
                              Hillary called people deplorable, and it's a national offence???
                              Trump berates war veterans.

Franken staged a "grope shot" as a comedian, and he is "going to have to quit"
                              Trump is accused of sexual harassment by 20 women, and it's fake news.

Spacey harassed women, and the left wants him gone.
                              Roy Moore did it, and the right wants to elect him to governor.

The left slaughters it's own, the right puts them into power.
                              No doubt, some on the right want to ignore the transgression of their standard-bearers, just as some on the left do.
                              But not all of us on the right feel that way. Haven't I said that if someone, usually on the right, promotes "family values" or whatever, and then is caught with their pants down, so to speak, they should be held to the highest standard possible, because of the hypocrisy?

Comment

the left sure as hell does not, they want people like Weinstein ejected, Spacy -ejected- and so on
                                and that's their big mistake: those imbeciles still haven't learnt their lesson
                                Last edited by SoulReaver; 23 November 2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X