This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
    I think FH was responding to garhkal's original post -- as quoted above...
    I rather like the wig idea.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Maybe they need a travel ban too
      With how many muslims now reside there, its a bit late for that.

That comment about the LAW protecting the children has become and been misused in various ways for at least 2 or 3 decades now. It's a social problem that started out to protect the children from *genuine* abuse, but has been turned into an excuse for the kids to do whatever --the blank-- they want, whenever they choose to do so. FIX that, without punishing the parents, guardians, elders, educational teachers, etc., and children in the process ~ and maybe society can progress in getting along again at ALL ages, instead of the way it is currently operating.
      And that is why so many parents i know of, are SCARED of actually disciplining their kids in public when they act out cause they are AFRAID of running foul of the over zealous law/busy bodies..

Comment

Meh, I do it if they really deserve it.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Thoughts and prayers were for those who were wounded from this destructive incident//event...
          Stopping the terrorist activities is another issue entirely.
          I rather think she was referring to the fact that most terrorism is inspired by religious arse-hattery.
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            With how many muslims now reside there, its a bit late for that.

And that is why so many parents i know of, are SCARED of actually disciplining their kids in public when they act out cause they are AFRAID of running foul of the over zealous law/busy bodies..
            It wouldn't matter. The ban is based on a faulty premise
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

It wouldn't matter. The ban is based on a faulty premise
              fake news!!!!
              By Nolamom
              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                On a......... lighter note:
                http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...itter-bonfire/

Why am I not surprised that the favoured method of destruction was a good old fashioned burning......
                Maybe those folks were NOT genuinely true Trump supporters to begin with. Maybe they were just posing into that role to pull fast pranks against Trump at a later date...? I read about this possibility happening long before the 2016 elections even occurred. It was a ploy already *suspected* in the works ~ IF Trump won the presidency... and was being mentioned about in news articles from those news outlets that the mainstream MSM was so against... mentioned by some people doing "undercover" infiltration work... so has no meaning other than having a trojan horse deception as the ultimate end result.

So, no surprise there.

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                It doesn't help when republicans defend the KKK and nazis.

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                I do wish that particular bunch would find some other home. They're embarrassing.
                They have found a home, the social arm of the TEA party and Evangelicals.
                They are trumps core base.
                They are the Deplorables.
                Maybe some of the Tea Party folks like them, but No the KKK are NOT representatives of the Evangelicals. At least not representative of any genuinely making a difference type of "Evangelicals" I know of on this side of the Atlantic and Pacific.

The true Deplorables joke about being termed as Trump's Deplorables. I know which forum site(s) support Trump wholeheartedly in their comments. They connect directly with the Trump Admin (and have direct connections to the gov't, too). Trump knows who they are too... and apparently so does the MSM. But the MSM twists info whatever way they choose and the rest of the world hangs onto believing nearly every word coming forth from the MSM.

BTW, I may read those website forums, but I am not a member/poster there. There are some items I either disagree with in those places, plus I have enough to deal with regarding *other* home/family things and female medical issues.

It just boggles my mind how people just get the wrong impression of trump and his supporters, they are just so wrong.......... /sarcasm.
                And *you* (GF1976) are just "so wrong.......... /sarcasm" too about Trump in many of your anti-Trump comments.
                There's a whole lot more going on in the world than just Dems/established Repubs vs. Trump. It's those other things that are supposed to be under investigation that are being blocked by everyone opposed to Trump, because of all the critters hiding under the carpet that will come creeping out when once exposed. BIG stuff. If it wasn't such an important issue or that BIG of a deal, then WHY is the media so against NOT giving Trump the freedom to rule as President, and also side with the malicious and more violent protesters? WHAT is the media hiding? WHAT are the DEMS/etc. hiding?

Regardless of what Trump has done in his own past that the MSM and world in general despise him for -- with him now as President of the USA... ----- If any of (generic) *you* claim your various complaints against Trump is because he's going to destroy the world instead of uniting the world into a global community and Trump is against that global unity issue --- seriously, that is NOT what Trump is against. He's against the rampant criminal-like behaviors running loose in the streets (currently very visible in other countries, which haven't stopped groups like the I.S. from wrecking havoc and encouraging havoc everywhere ~~ using every excuse imaginable just to behave like a pack of thugs when things/life doesn't go their (misbehaving methods/way). Oh, and if *THAT* doesn't work, they throw in the racial / color issue as a significantly *core* problem, too.

----------
                (the following is a general comment that grew from the above previous one, so not relevant to GF's Trump comment above)...

For whatever the reasons, people complain about fixing the planet, fix this family, that job company, or whatever... complain, protest, smash things around for attention or just to vent frustrations, but never truly resolve making life better... When all else fails, then parental/ancestral backgrounds get tossed in with skin color becoming a primo source of miscontent...!

Well, here's an idea -- pretend you're all colorblind.. then, everyone is the same -- has potentially an equal chance, except for their current financial status and current job choices/circumstances.

With the gov't granting to taking from those who *already* have doesn't always work in helping those who *have not*... my rebellious nephew is a primo example of that.

How so? ...and this is NOT irrelevant, but very necessary to add to this conversation, because I think lots of disenchanted young (and older) folks might fall into this category... and it ties in with FH's comment here---
                Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Sounds to me like this kid is crying out for attention, so instead of treating him like a delinquent moron, perhaps you should get him some help. Have him tested for any attention disorders, or have him submit an IQ test.
                He's had a free education so far, btw, courtesy of taxpayers. Plus, he's always been encouraged to learn and has had a better education experience than I have had at times, btw... just saying...! He just refuses to learn school stuff and learn anything about becoming a responsible person, so that when he is finally and ultimately on his own, his can enjoy life and fend for himself. But he is choosing the drug addict / criminal behavior type path of life, instead. Pull him out of that, and maybe he has a chance... but, instead, this is what has transpired so far----

He's been given umpteen gifts (nice things, things he picks out himself!!)... lots of FREE stuff. Some of it not even gov't provided, but privately provided -- by other family members, such as aunts and uncles (who give out equal quality gift amounts, so NO ONE can be accused of being a *favorite* child over their next sibling..!). This particular child has been taken to *fun* places like entertainment places in Orlando, FL (Disney, MGM, Universal, Sea World, Animal Kingdom, zoos, etc), and Busch Gardens in Tampa, FL several times a year --- events or activities ALL paid for by other relatives and friends who have yearly passes to such places that some of the rest of us have to wait for the financial means AND vacation times to go there. Has it changed him for the better? He's gotten more of an education than some of us adults at various exhibits in those places (Land/Sea, Spaceship Earth, Exxon's energy and other future exploration/etc. at Epcot)-- with one-on-one opportunities to go deeper (because he *KNOWS* people who actually "work" behind the scenes there...!). Visit to NASA...

Hand him all sorts of *amazing* opportunities to venture into the world with (and I do mean *amazing!!!*)... and he is still apathetic.. rebellious at times.. inconsiderate and disrespectful when he gets into those moods.
                If my dad was still alive (that'd be his great-grandpa), my dad would tell him "to not look for a gift towards the mouth...!"
                wise and sage advice.

Give him what he needs (for school or to even eat) or even wants and in short times later, he discards those things too. It's not a case of having too much, since he throws a lot of stuff away anyway.. it's his way of rebelling against every authority person currently dealing with him. If he doesn't get his own way...wannnnnh...his temper flares off, and he breaks things either deliberately from frustration or because he comes from a broken home and thus, other homes should be just as broken as his already is. Broken homes don't get repaired when other things, like remarriages, and new siblings from the step-parent(s) complicate the issues.

Oh, and just for the record... this darling nephew thought grandma was an endless supply of money and gifts, because before "all hell of bad circumstances broke loose" ~ grandma had enough to take him & his family off to visit those nice entertaining places across the Florida state, and eat out sometimes with pizza and "Olive Garden" type restaurants. But when the boys ended up living with grandma about 3 years ago -- all because their dad suddenly became homeless after his own mom died and his dad disappeared to a rehab/nursing facility.. their other grandma gave them a bed to sleep in.. then, the electric and water bills piled up. Grandma's laundry became endless with growing boys consuming everything they got their paws on. Grandma was suddenly NOT very rich any more.. she's on a limited income (always was there on even less than that limited income -- the moment her ex-husband walked out and abandoned her and this boy's mom, her daughter).. So, what happened..??? ---Reality happened...that's what happened. And *that* in itself is the hard lesson this boy still hasn't grasped in his own head about. How long will it take before he ends up out on his own, and *that* newer reality hits him harder than his current situation? I have no idea.. but can only guess about the results and *who---all* will be affected, when it happens. ...

Comment

That comment about the LAW protecting the children has become and been misused in various ways for at least 2 or 3 decades now. It's a social problem that started out to protect the children from *genuine* abuse, but has been turned into an excuse for the kids to do whatever --the blank-- they want, whenever they choose to do so. FIX that, without punishing the parents, guardians, elders, educational teachers, etc., and children in the process ~ and maybe society can progress in getting along again at ALL ages, instead of the way it is currently operating.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                  My "nephew" is a behavioral example of what the other "more unfortunate" kids end up going thru (that is, having parents/family dealing with disastrous financial issues, etc). It's a sad enough life-story to hear, because there seems to be hundreds of thousands of other people speaking out expressing reasons excusing themselves or other peopole who are more misunderstood or financially desperate because of the color of their skin. In my nephew's situation, the Color of his parents skin is NOT what caused them to become financially desperate. In fact, by the world's current "racial" standards based on the various MSM frenzies about racial divisions -- instead these parents should be rich... they should (by now) already have homes of their own and not relying on other folks to support their various food, clothing, and shelter "needs". However ~ most of the time, it was their own behaviors put them into that position; but sadly by that time, the kids were growing up and began to feel the repercussions of mom's and dad's bad choices in life -- the rest was circumstantial (when the one side of the family's grandparents died and thus stopped feeding the rest of the family). Unfortunately, the circumstantial stuff happened while these kids' mom & dad were in their 30's.. events which were never prepared for -- just in case something happens to the people taking care of the next younger generation(s).

On the other extremes, most people often are what they choose to be. Martin Luther King gave hope to people of darken skin colors, so except for those extremely horrible circumstantial life/death events, there should NOT be any more excuses about one's skin color. People need to straighten up and start being helpers in life, than hinderers.. this starts at the basic / immediate *family* level. ... And please stop bringing skin into the issues, or other folks might start complaining about various SKIN diseases.. and will express those complaints with enough disgusting details to make those who have healthy AND beautiful skin (especially in people having those *gorgeous* built-in tans), feel like their skin is crawling or perpetually itching... Ewwwwwww..! BTW, I'm getting older, and my youthful skin is progressively growing certain age-related problems...so, I can help *contribute* stories about ickky skin from personal observation and experience... ... ugly --- scaly, flaky or flaking skin... overgrowth of keratin skin, sometimes causes moles or skin lesions to form, or cancerous tumor-looking skin spots... In other words, there are NO so-called "privileges" in the aging skin category.

The *blessed* and lucky folks are the ones with healthy skin and skin tones.
                  I sometimes get jealous of those folks, because they look so *awesome* and beautiful...!

I've worked with nearly every color type of person on this planet, with me in the lobster red category if I get sunburned (I don't tan brown or bronze or deep bronzy), unless it's from a FAKE sunless tanning lotion), and I've heard all sorts of interesting stories why so-and-so did what... Colors were NOT the core issue, then. Behaviors and treatments thereof were often the core issues.

When religious differences / cultures get tossed in, how to resolve difficult matters challenges the fabric of making life better. Once the background/job/family issues are dealt with, those other items will become the next step that our world needs to work on in healing to unite the world as a whole body unit. So, from what I've personally observed or heard/read (plus, seen dozens of documentaries about these things too) ---- societies often break down beginning at the family/home level and work their way up. When the gov't steps in to *raise* the families, they become babysitters set up for the most wildest ride of their life. This is where I think the stage of many portions of our general world has reached. Until someone else with serious solutions steps in, which is where our world stage is "crying out for" at the moment, life is not going to get better, but worse. Question will be what will those serious solutions be, so that *history* (everywhere) does NOT repeat itself..??

Comment

fake news!!!!
                    Fake news would be if I said Annoyed's ideas made rational sense. Now let's ban overweight people from flying
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Maybe those folks were NOT genuinely true Trump supporters to begin with. Maybe they were just posing into that role to pull fast pranks against Trump at a later date...? I read about this possibility happening long before the 2016 elections even occurred. It was a ploy already *suspected* in the works ~ IF Trump won the presidency... and was being mentioned about in news articles from those news outlets that the mainstream MSM was so against... mentioned by some people doing "undercover" infiltration work... so has no meaning other than having a trojan horse deception as the ultimate end result.

So, no surprise there.
                      So, it's -easier- for you to believe in a conspiracy theory that suits your position, than believe in your own favoured sources and people who use the comment section?
                      No surprise there
                      Maybe some of the Tea Party folks like them, but No the KKK are NOT representatives of the Evangelicals. At least not representative of any genuinely making a difference type of "Evangelicals" I know of on this side of the Atlantic and Pacific.
                      Evangelicals are their own brand of evil. They full throated endorsed a candidate who wouldn't know what's in the bible and has broken several of the commandments in it. It was easier to vote a self incriminated philanderer, liar and conman because he would defend their puritanical political and social views while he engages in the same acts himself.
                      Not all evangelicals are bad, not all TEA party people are either. The economic concerns of the educated TEA party are valid points.
                      The true Deplorables joke about being termed as Trump's Deplorables. I know which forum site(s) support Trump wholeheartedly in their comments. They connect directly with the Trump Admin (and have direct connections to the gov't, too). Trump knows who they are too... and apparently so does the MSM. But the MSM twists info whatever way they choose and the rest of the world hangs onto believing nearly every word coming forth from the MSM.
                      I know the Deplorables revel in their title. As for the MSM, they hardly talk about them at all these days except to say it was a misstep by Clinton to sink to Donnies level.
                      BTW, I may read those website forums, but I am not a member/poster there. There are some items I either disagree with in those places, plus I have enough to deal with regarding *other* home/family things and female medical issues.
                      So, you are distancing yourself from them now?

And *you* (GF1976) are just "so wrong.......... /sarcasm" too about Trump in many of your anti-Trump comments.
                      Oh, this will be gold
                      There's a whole lot more going on in the world than just Dems/established Repubs vs. Trump. It's those other things that are supposed to be under investigation that are being blocked by everyone opposed to Trump, because of all the critters hiding under the carpet that will come creeping out when once exposed. BIG stuff.
                      If it's "so big" why not say what it is?
                      What else should be under investigation?
                      If it wasn't such an important issue or that BIG of a deal,
                      What "BIG" deal?
                      I'm sorry, I don't know by inference exactly what conspiracy theory you are engaging in at any one time.
                      then WHY is the media so against NOT giving Trump the freedom to rule as President, and also side with the malicious and more violent protesters? WHAT is the media hiding? WHAT are the DEMS/etc. hiding?
                      Trump -has- been ruling as president, a stunningly inept one.
                      More violent protesters? Get back to me when someone on the left murders someone with a car, ok?
                      Regardless of what Trump has done in his own past that the MSM and world in general despise him for -- with him now as President of the USA.
                      So what?
                      Seriously, do you think everyone should forget his past now he is president?
                      .. ----- If any of (generic) *you* claim your various complaints against Trump is because he's going to destroy the world instead of uniting the world into a global community and Trump is against that global unity issue --- seriously, that is NOT what Trump is against.
                      I don't care a bit if he is for or against global unity, I -do- care that he might just start WW3 via twitter, or via his impressive level of ignorance on nearly every issue. "You know Uranium, right? you can make things like nukes and other bad stuff"
                      That's the guy in charge of the most sophisticated military and nuclear arsenal in the word -that's- his level of understanding.
                      I don't care if he is a Democrat, or a Republican, I care that he is stupid.
                      He's against the rampant criminal-like behaviors running loose in the streets (currently very visible in other countries, which haven't stopped groups like the I.S. from wrecking havoc and encouraging havoc everywhere ~~ using every excuse imaginable just to behave like a pack of thugs when things/life doesn't go their (misbehaving methods/way).
                      Like hell he is. His -base- cares about it, and it gets good ratings. ISIS would be a problem no matter who or what party held the presidency, so would crime.
                      ALL trump cares about is himself, his ego, and his empire and -whatever- gets him that, he will do.
                      Oh, and if *THAT* doesn't work, they throw in the racial / color issue as a significantly *core* problem, too.
                      Yeah, cause it's just an excuse, right?
                      sigpic

Comment

Fake news would be if I said Annoyed's ideas made rational sense. Now let's ban overweight people from flying
                        I have never suggested that. All I've said is that if you're large enough to take up two seats, BUY two seats.

Comment

So, no surprise there.

So, it's -easier- for you to believe in a conspiracy theory that suits your position, than believe in your own favoured sources and people who use the comment section?
                          Conspiracy in your POV. There's more info in that "trojan horse" stuff than just pretending to be a Trump supporter. It's about how to deceive the entire world, and the *deceptive* Trumps stunts are just prep work for a greater evil they are allowing the world to fall into. They just don't realize there is a bigger "trojan horse" plot (rumored at the moment mostly by the I.S. and like-minded supporters) that is going to swallow them as well.

So, you are distancing yourself from them now?
                          I never was *fully* in favor of that particular side. Some of them have common sense, but live in a paranoia frame of mind. I can't afford to live the way some of them do. Some of them used to support some of Glenn Beck's ideas. I didn't support all of his ideas either.

I have already stated why, but apparently you (GF) haven't been paying much attention, because some of that stuff - you have considered irrelevant or nonsense. So, "nonsense" it will remain.

There's a whole lot more going on in the world than just Dems/established Repubs vs. Trump. It's those other things that are supposed to be under investigation that are being blocked by everyone opposed to Trump, because of all the critters hiding under the carpet that will come creeping out when once exposed. BIG stuff. If it wasn't such an important issue or that BIG of a deal, then WHY is the media so against NOT giving Trump the freedom to rule as President, and also side with the malicious and more violent protesters? WHAT is the media hiding? WHAT are the DEMS/etc. hiding?

If it's "so big" why not say what it is?
                          What else should be under investigation?
                          . . .
                          What "BIG" deal?
                          Firstly, I meant to say that the MSM/media is often siding in support of the malicious and more violent protesters, at least until the last major "Antifa" riot --on the west coast USA-- that some people in the MSM started to distance themselves away from.

As for the rest...
                          Really?? Expose the investigation(s) and put at risk the very lives of those investigating such events?? Perhaps so the (undercover) workers can be harassed by the MSM or general, antifa-type itching for something to do? That's where putting the proverbial cart before the horse would lead to. Even the lefties *know* that if they were working "undercover" ~ say, for example against anyone truly loyal and faithful/near and dear to Trump in the Trump Admin ~ that such exposing of their true nature is a dumb idea, which is why they would remain silent on it (the whatever that includes the MSM under investigation too..! because "the swamp" list includes them/the MSM as well... rumors that started in the summer of 2016, but the actual events and personas involved probably originate years before that time).

If (generic) you're going to do an investigation that is thorough enough to catch *everyone* necessary to STOP whatever it is causing criminal behaviors to continue, you're going to live by the rule book code that warns about "Loose Lips sinks ships". So, NO, (generic) you won't get your desired answer until the dirty laundry gets completely caught from the lowest rungs up to the highest levels, with all of the personas involved sealed for final their final fate, which probably involves the highest court of law overseeing the fate of such personas involved. No one (that I know of) in the public has any details of such events, as everything now that may have been "news" is being rumored to be under investigation. That includes anything (FBI director) James Comey has been involved with too, as well.

I've heard rumblings.. but probably the same stuff the MSM already knows about, but has redirected the general public with distractions about other issues, that shouldn't even be an issue (like forcing racial divisions into places that didn't exist prior to this year!). Let's just say what I've read about basically reads as what the MSM is doing and publishing to the general public is basically setting everyone, including the MSM ~ themselves ~ up for a massive fall. Long-termed rumor could be paraphrased by saying the Trojan Horse syndrome just got outsmarted by folks on an even higher "end-game" level than those who *are* working on the current, public exposure levels.

If that all sounds like gibberish or some silly riddle, then know that the investigations info has already been in the news. Just dig it out. I'm done reading about it ... spent a whole week and more last year reading the worst about this stuff. So, seeing you folks here --on GW-- chronically go back and forth and in-between about how bad and evil Trump is this or that, and give all high and might praises to the "heroic" LEFT and those who support it --- is enough to drive a regular conservative / lurking reader crazy... sometimes, I often think that is all your (generic) purposes are on here... to drive the lurking readers nutso, and regular posters who disagree with the lefty sides of these political topics --here-- crazy.

People didn't want to listen months and months ago about any such *rumored* investigations about anyone on the political "left" or in the MSM, so why bother now? Why is the political left side and establishment Republicans still in pursuit of making Trump's presidency a miserable term... and they seem to do it moreso than anything the grumbling conservatives ever did when Obama was president?! Is that because Hillary Clinton didn't become the 2016 USA President and thus have the *ultimate* power to play the ultimate evil ruler ~ against conservatives (and devout Christians)? Every now and then, this stuff keeps popping up like a bad penny.. teasing what might (*really*) be lurking behind the lefty rants and politically motivated protests.
                          It's a *disturbing* trend ... to say in the least.

Comment

Provide links and your sources.
                            All you are doing is ranting about some non specific issue from some non specific source.
                            I can discuss an issue with Garkhal or Annoyed, they provide such things, you provide nothing.
                            sigpic

Comment

Maybe they need a travel ban too
                              Considering the last couple of terrorists were British -- that would have to be a district ban.

That's a nice Trumpish post.
                              What part?

Should we get her a Trump wig
                              I'll get a guinea pig from the petstore to put on my head.

I always thought of Annoyed's statements translated as taking ~ Responsibility to raise their kids properly and not to turn them into common criminals or violent "creeps". ...Help the whole family become a helpful and positive influence and factor along with the rest of society. ...Advance to higher learning(s), etc. ...Not regress into cave-man type mentality and also live that way, too.
                              No, he more or less only uses it when we're talking about abortion.

But he does mention that a father should take responsibility in the raising and provide financial aid.
                              Nothing about the actual raising, though I imagine that raising kids means you want the best for them.

I can't comment on that particular bit of life since I don't have any children, and I don't think interacting with my sister's godchild and her sister counts as "raising kids" or helping to turn them into good little people. I'm the geeky influence they need though.

Scholastic things were simply boring, so she day-dreamed and doodled on notepads, etc. a lot. I used to day-dream a lot in school too, because scholastic things were either taught in a boring way or they simply didn't interest me at all. Period. No other reason necessary to explain.
                              My ADD says otherwise...

I wouldn't doubt if some of his genes got messed up from the stroke he had, which probably got passed on to his children...
                              Not what strokes do. Strokes are bloodcloths, blocking the flow of oxygen to parts of the brain which then die off.
                              No genes are harmed.

Oh, and before I get lectured about how some "artists" have interests in higher learning fields of study,...
                              That's called stereotyping.

He was crying out for attention when he first started stealing things and getting into trouble with his brother years ago. That's usually known as "sibling rivalry". It's usually the normal route most kids growing up take; so anything beyond those boundaries are more difficult to find, if further behavioral problems are routed from being caused by other sources.
                              Nope, not considered a normal route.

I was, but I think that I did say something that cause Tood to respond that way.

Thoughts and prayers were for those who were wounded from this destructive incident//event...
                              That was not in question. That's how it goes: something happens, thoughts & prayers follow and the inevitable #WeAre[insert city of choice], and then it's forgotten until it happens again and the whole thing repeats itself.

Therefore, thoughts and prayers are useless at best. Who gets better from thoughts and prayers? The people thinking of the city and/or people -- it's just a false sense. It's the "I'm sending thoughts and prayers so no one can say I'm not touched or have feelings for whatever happened". It's the passive involvement that doesn't solve an ounce of any of the problems that plague this blue planet.

Stopping the terrorist activities is another issue entirely.
                              Which thoughts and prayers do little about -- especially since most of it is inspired by religious believes or exreme believes which have little to do with "love one another".

I rather think she was referring to the fact that most terrorism is inspired by religious arse-hattery.
                              Indeed, I was.

He's against the rampant criminal-like behaviors running loose in the streets...
                              I tried, really tried keeping a straight face but I couldn't...
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                London tube: police arrested an 18-year old male. No further details.

Thoughts and prayers don't make the world a better place, or less volatile, usually the opposite.
                                Maybe, maybe not. Since we can't know whether there is anyone listening or answering, we simply can't know either way.

But, consider.
                                Maybe the world would be a better place if people paid attention to religious doctrine to some degree whether they believe or not.

I'll use Christianity and the 10 commandments as an example because it's the one I'm most familiar with.

Using the copy found on : http://www.the-ten-commandments.org/...mandments.html

The first five are mostly religious in nature, but the last 5 aren't a bad set of "Rules for living" regardless of your religious beliefs.

5 “Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.
                                6 “You shall not murder.
                                7 “You shall not commit adultery.
                                8 “You shall not steal.
                                9 “You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
                                10 “You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's
                                Other religions, such as the Mormon church have rules like "We believe in being subject to kings, presidents, rulers, and magistrates, in obeying, honoring, and sustaining the law.” I am by no means a religious expert, being an agnostic myself, but don't most religions have similar standards for behavior?

If you look at the doctrines that religions teach, many of them are good rules for structuring a society.

If everyone obeyed those rules, I think life would be a hell of a lot more pleasant than it is.

Comment

Working...
                                X