This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
    Onto the next topic, what do you think of the scandals surrounding Italian Prime Minister Silvio Berlusconi?
    Which one?
    If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
    Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
    If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
    Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
      Which one?
      The most recent scandal involving this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12232265

If the charges are found to be true, then I believe that the Italian parliament should pass a motion of no confidence, essentially ending his term in office immediately. And after that, should be charged criminally as a civilian.
      sigpic
      Don't touch Lola

Comment

Originally posted by Rickington View Post
        The most recent scandal involving this: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-12232265

If the charges are found to be true, then I believe that the Italian parliament should pass a motion of no confidence, essentially ending his term in office immediately. And after that, should be charged criminally as a civilian.
        I think that it will be hard to prove they had sex if they don't have any evidence, and both of them say that they didn't.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

it looks like in a sense that he's trying to say that he's above the law....

although it wouldn't surprise me these days if the magistrates were politically motivated and violated his privacy to gather the evidence

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
            it looks like in a sense that he's trying to say that he's above the law....

although it wouldn't surprise me these days if the magistrates were politically motivated and violated his privacy to gather the evidence
            We were talking about this today in my Modern Italy class. Needless to say, it was generally agreed upon that Berlusconi is a "naughty" PM
            sigpic
            Don't touch Lola

Comment

I think that it will be hard to prove they had sex if they don't have any evidence, and both of them say that they didn't.
              one would think though that a medical examination would be able to check and see if they've done it.....cuz unless I'm mistaken doesn't that kind of activity leave evidence?

Comment

one would think though that a medical examination would be able to check and see if they've done it.....cuz unless I'm mistaken doesn't that kind of activity leave evidence?
                Perhaps... but in the case of using condoms, there isn't very much evidence to go on.
                sigpic
                Don't touch Lola

Comment

It depends on how they performed coitus.

sigpic

Comment

It depends on how they performed coitus.
                    Oh god, thanks for that image.

As for Berlusconi, I think it shows the differences in culture and political makeup between countries. In Britain we just sent a Member of Parliament to prison for embezzling £20,000. If we had someone like Berlusconi in charge there'd be an uprising. In Italy he's still popular with many because he's the only leader they've had who's actually managed to stay on top of their mess of a political system for more than 5 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post

As for Berlusconi, I think it shows the differences in culture and political makeup between countries. In Britain we just sent a Member of Parliament to prison for embezzling £20,000. If we had someone like Berlusconi in charge there'd be an uprising. In Italy he's still popular with many because he's the only leader they've had who's actually managed to stay on top of their mess of a political system for more than 5 minutes.
                      You're most welcome.

There's no doubt that Italy's political system is a mess. I daresay that it's been a mess since WWII. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with a national referendum to overthrow the government, and recreate it. Looking at how the world's going, it'd fit in perfectly. :/

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty 6 platoon View Post

Looks like that isn't all he's been "on top of" there! *snort* I'm more upset at the way the criminal investigators handled interrogating the "dinner guests" I think that is horrible. About the evidence... Well the woman in question is now 18 so they were referring to sex they had had previous when she was 17....and yeah there would be no way to gather physical evidence of that now.... they would have to get a confession....and I guess with how they treated those girls that is what they were after
                        Originally posted by jelgate
                        This brings much pain but SQ is right

Comment

You're most welcome.

There's no doubt that Italy's political system is a mess. I daresay that it's been a mess since WWII. I wouldn't be surprised if this ends with a national referendum to overthrow the government, and recreate it. Looking at how the world's going, it'd fit in perfectly. :/
                          Well as I said Berlusconi still has plenty of support, despite being one of the most crooked and dodgiest politicians in the world, quite an achievement considering the completion. So bearing that in mind those fighting to get rid of him still have quite a task ahead of them.

Comment

CHINA - the next world power
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Spimman View Post
                              CHINA - the next world power
                              Probably... China has the 4th/5th largest GDP growth rate amongst all nations.
                              sigpic
                              Don't touch Lola

Comment

I saw that weird American advert where the Chinese are gloating in 2030 how America are idiots and China rules the world. I think some in the US are a little too paranoid about China.

Comment

Working...
                                X