This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    I've read that book, too. Was required reading when I went through the schools. I don't like the idea, but I'm not all that worried about it 'cause it ain't gonna fly.
    You are dodging the question. I'm not talking about 1984 here, that's just the obvious one people who inhabit a scifi board would consider.
    What else?
    Also, I would never say "that won't fly". I am sure there were Repubs who thought the ACA would never fly either, but here you are with it.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Many rational people thought a guy mocking a person's disability would never be president but here we are
      Originally posted by aretood2
      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Many rational people thought a guy mocking a person's disability would never be president but here we are
        That's true as well.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
          Yes, this is due mostly to the fact that "modern education systems" are now controlled by Leftist Progressives and they do like to use said apparatus to keep the newer generations uneducated and thus easier to sway to their corrupt way of Non-Thinking.
          Yeah, why wait till they get to school, right?
          http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...627-story.html
          sigpic

Comment

Oh you want to talk about the Irrational view that Leftist/Environmentalist take on such things like Pesticide? Got a nice story here....

http://www.discoverthenetworks.org/v...ry.asp?id=1259

The left can be such Science Deniers.
            I like Sharky
            sigpic

Comment

Well, this one will be fun to watch play out.

‘Obamaphone’ program stashes $9 billion in private bank accounts

That's not the odd thing. I already know that program is rotten to the core.
              The odd thing is that while the article perpetuates the name "obamaphone", buried in the article is that it predates Obama. So if anything, it ought to be called a bushiephone.

Why don't they blame the damned things on the right administration?
              The whole thing on that is that they willfully admit it is RIFE with fraud, have KNOWN for years, and STILL have done not a damn thing about the fraud..

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
              I can't say or think. The thought police may be watching.
              They might as well have one up in canada from what i hear, in relation to punishment for those who speak out against the LGBTQ pro agenda.

Comment

I fail to see the denial of science.
                Does DDT affect people adversely? Yes.
                Are there situations where that risk is now deemed lesser than the risk of death? Yes.
                Are there alternatives to DDT? Yes.
                Risk management is not science denial.

Oh, and:
                http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2...es-human-trial
                sigpic

Comment

It is just that so much of Modern Science has been CLOUDED with the Lies that the Left has propagated to back up their social desires despite the cost of human life.

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co...02/Carson.html
                  I like Sharky
                  sigpic

Comment

But really why only right wingers like to take away people's rights
                    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by The Flyattractor View Post
                      It is just that so much of Modern Science has been CLOUDED with the Lies that the Left has propagated to back up their social desires despite the cost of human life.

http://www.21stcenturysciencetech.co...02/Carson.html
                      I wouldn't call a 25 year old article as modern.
                      The artice is from 1992 wherein the author rants about a book that was puplished in 1962.
                      What use is an outdated text about a long outdated book in your discussion? From a scientific (and literary) point of view it's irrelevant.

A lot can change in that time, see GF's post above.
                      Last edited by Gatecat; 01 July 2017, 12:42 AM.
                      sigpic

Comment

I would love a serious answer to this but I am almost certain I am not going to get one but here goes.

Why is Trump trusting people like Alex Jones and his so called Infowars as a trusted mews outlet? Why?

This is the same channel that has recently run stories about children being kidnapped to the Moon. That's right the Moon.

Wasn't it Alex Jones and his cronies that also made up the story about the pizza shop and Hillary Clinton and child slaves?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          You are dodging the question. I'm not talking about 1984 here, that's just the obvious one people who inhabit a scifi board would consider.
                          What else?
                          Also, I would never say "that won't fly". I am sure there were Repubs who thought the ACA would never fly either, but here you are with it.
                          I'm not dodging the question. I am aware of what could be done with that info, under a 1984 scenario, or any of several other ways it could be misused, and I don't support the attempt to collect it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's not gonna fly.

I strongly support guaranteeing the integrity of elections, but the time to do it is before the fact, not afterwards. For the sake of discussion, assume it does fly. Is it likely to change the results of the election? No. At best, it might show that Trump won the popular vote as well due to fraudulent voting. So it's irrelevant anyway. And IRL, it won't fly.

The way you guarantee the integrity of elections is to REQUIRE positive photo ID, a govt. issued document before the individual is allowed into the voting booth. No exceptions, no BS. And we can put the kibosh on most of the "vote by mail" situations, too. Yes, verified cases, such as military personnel and others of that nature have to do that, with proper identification of course, but simple inconvenience is not justification for special exemptions. Show up on election day and vote like everyone else.

Since I suggest requiring a govt. issued photo Id to vote, those ID's should be provided to people w/out charge, fee or undue difficulty in obtaining them. But no ID, no vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatecat View Post
                            I wouldn't call a 25 year old article as modern.
                            The artice is from 1992 wherein the author rants about a book that was puplished in 1962.
                            What use is an outdated text about a long outdated book in your discussion? From a scientific (and literary) point of view it's irrelevant.

A lot can change in that time, see GF's post above.
                            I'll add to that in this way.
                            DDT has it's most damaging effects on women, especially reproduction and the effect is most damaging on the children of affected women. Quite frankly, it does not matter that the bloke ate the crap for years, it has minimal effects on men. Of course, science of the time used predominantly men as the baseline for testing and ignored the physiological differences (minor though they may be) between men and women.

As for the "50 million people killed due to Malaria", DDT was not banned as a control agent for Malaria in high risk area's. Perhaps instead we should discuss the number of people who died due to the HIV epidemic due to it being either ignored, gods wrath, or severe disinterest.
                            sigpic

Comment

I'm not dodging the question. I am aware of what could be done with that info, under a 1984 scenario, or any of several other ways it could be misused, and I don't support the attempt to collect it. But that doesn't change the fact that it's not gonna fly.
                              Ok, you are not dodging, you are failing to address the question.
                              Outside of the Big Brother scenario of 1984, what else can you do with the information, and (HINT!!) Where will it be stored?

I strongly support guaranteeing the integrity of elections, but the time to do it is before the fact, not afterwards. For the sake of discussion, assume it does fly. Is it likely to change the results of the election? No. At best, it might show that Trump won the popular vote as well due to fraudulent voting. So it's irrelevant anyway. And IRL, it won't fly.
                              Then WHY are you -seemingly- uncaring that while it has been well established that Russia interfered with your election, your President has neither said, nor done anything to prevent future attacks? I don't mean collusion, or anything that could get trump into trouble, put that aside for now. The Russians attacked your electoral process, and ran the most successful propaganda campaign of the digital age -on you-. You can say all you like that you personally would not be swayed, and good for you, but there are MILLIONS of your fellow countrymen that would.
                              The response from POTUS? It does not matter.

The way you guarantee the integrity of elections is to REQUIRE positive photo ID, a govt. issued document before the individual is allowed into the voting booth. No exceptions, no BS.
                              Ok, I can dig that, that's reasonable.
                              And we can put the kibosh on most of the "vote by mail" situations, too. Yes, verified cases, such as military personnel and others of that nature have to do that, with proper identification of course, but simple inconvenience is not justification for special exemptions. Show up on election day and vote like everyone else.
                              Hmm, ok. Would you be willing to change the voting day to Saturday to make sure the maximum number of people are free to vote, and would you advocate adding more voting locations in order to allow the maximum amount of people to vote? I have at least 3 voting stations within walking distance from my house when I need to vote, and probably 3-6 more within 15 minute drive distance. Would you agree to that?
                              Since I suggest requiring a govt. issued photo Id to vote, those ID's should be provided to people w/out charge, fee or undue difficulty in obtaining them. But no ID, no vote.
                              I agree with you on that.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                I would love a serious answer to this but I am almost certain I am not going to get one but here goes.

Why is Trump trusting people like Alex Jones and his so called Infowars as a trusted mews outlet? Why?

This is the same channel that has recently run stories about children being kidnapped to the Moon. That's right the Moon.

Wasn't it Alex Jones and his cronies that also made up the story about the pizza shop and Hillary Clinton and child slaves?
                                The simple answer?
                                They buy what trump is selling, and for a business, that's a win. Quality of product is not a concern. In business however, if you get duped, you have recourse to address, in government, you don't, at least until the elections. This is true for both sides of politics.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X