This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    IMO that's not just the GOP though. BUT i agree, opening that flood gates was a stupid as hell decision.
    Yes, it was the GOP. It was Mitch Mcturtle, the heritage foundation and a few other conservative groups that created citizens united. It is -entirely- the GOP's fault.
    I did.. Citizens or not, refugees etc. JUST AS long as they are here, fall under the 14th.
    So how then does that apply to those NOT IN THE US already?? Care to explain that?
    OR are you feeling if they 'want to become a refugee', then that makes anyone in the world come under our 14th amendment equal protection clause?
    Not "my feeling", your law
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/danielf.../#22a5075f4f1d

AND i've agreed. Not including Saudi was stupid. BUT that doesn't make the rest of it wrong/unconstitutional..
    See above
    No, the party just picks someone the people couldn't care for (like i saw with the tories in the UK many a time).. Which is why i prefer the US's primary system..
    that's fine, I was just explaining the difference.

And as they used to say in the military. IF the individual command (In this example the state/city) wants to make the regulations stricter than the UCMJ or the overarching US Navy policy (or the fed in this case) then they can do so. What they can't do though, is make the rules (laws) more LAXER..
    True.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

George Pataki - Who?? I don't even remember hearing his name ever mentioned.. BUT he lasted longer than some..
      George Pataki is a former Governor of NY. Claims to be a Republican, but is farther to the left than many Democrats, as evidenced by his ability to get elected as Governor in this liberal sewer.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        And now for the morning's comic relief

http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2017/...te-accord.html
        The real comedy in that is the fact Pittsburgh voted for Hillary.............
        sigpic

Comment

The real humor is how the states are unofficially signing up for the Paris accords. I bet it really ticks Trump off
          Originally posted by aretood2
          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
            The real comedy in that is the fact Pittsburgh voted for Hillary.............
            Irrelevant. Pittsburgh is part of PA, and remind me again who PA's electoral votes went to?
            Again and again. Hillary LOST.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
              Irrelevant. Pittsburgh is part of PA, and remind me again who PA's electoral votes went to?
              Again and again. Hillary LOST.
              I know where Pittsburgh is, he should have said Philly. Just another example of how stupid trump is.
              sigpic

Comment

http://www.spiegel.de/international/...a-1120929.html
                sigpic

Comment

One for Womble:
                  https://www.rawstory.com/2017/06/meg...anti-semitism/
                  sigpic

Comment

I think Putin just called us Nazis
                    Originally posted by aretood2
                    Jelgate is right

Comment

Fill the swamp, Fill the swamp!!

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...to-be-released
                      sigpic

Comment

Oohhhhhhh...........

Interesting.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/wires/reu...e-adviser.html

So doesn't that make you look more guilty?

Imagine the fun if Putin decides it would be fun to dump a whole lot of stuff on Trump and say it was Russia had colluded with him but he had no idea it was going on?

Wouldn't that be fun?
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          the more enemies the LSOS has the better
                          ideal scenario would be him antagonizing Russia or China enough for war to break out with either of those 2 (a non-nuclear war of course) wishful thinking but one can only hope

on the domestic policy side:
                          https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ergy-donations
                          who could've known :/
                          So why so much hate for Don.. OR is it the US you hate?? Cause i don't remember you being this antagonistic towards obama..

Not "my feeling", your law
                          GF.. YOU DO understand the difference between someone RESIDING in the USA, but not a citizen, vs someone who's not even IN THE USA, don't you? Cause otherwise, by you and falcon feeling the "non-citizen clause' protecting anyone no matter where they are in the world' that means EVERYONE on the bloody planet is protected by our constitution..

And as they used to say in the military. IF the individual command (In this example the state/city) wants to make the regulations stricter than the UCMJ or the overarching US Navy policy (or the fed in this case) then they can do so. What they can't do though, is make the rules (laws) more LAXER..
                          True.
                          Actually, i just found out i was WRONG on that. States (and cities) by law are NOT allowed to enter into those treaties on their own..
                          No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal....
                          Article I, Section 10, Clause 1

Comment

GF.. YOU DO understand the difference between someone RESIDING in the USA, but not a citizen, vs someone who's not even IN THE USA, don't you? Cause otherwise, by you and falcon feeling the "non-citizen clause' protecting anyone no matter where they are in the world' that means EVERYONE on the bloody planet is protected by our constitution..
                            G-man YOU DO understand that there are a series of interlocking laws that sit on top of the Constitution, right? I am not subject to your constitution because I am neither in your country, nor am I seeking to move, or request refugee status to your country.

Actually, i just found out i was WRONG on that. States (and cities) by law are NOT allowed to enter into those treaties on their own..
                            No, you were right the first time. Article 1/10 does not apply IF they do not make a treaty. All the states have to do is create standardised laws and use powers granted to them such as zoning and ordinance laws to avoid it. you are right in saying that they cannot "officially" negotiate with the rest of the world, but that's it.
                            sigpic

Comment

The US has forgotten how to do infrastructure

That suggests that U.S. costs are high due to general inefficiency -- inefficient project management, an inefficient government contracting process, and inefficient regulation. It suggests that construction, like health care or asset management or education, is an area where Americans have simply ponied up more and more cash over the years while ignoring the fact that they were getting less and less for their money. To fix the problems choking U.S. construction, reformers are going to have to go through the system and rip out the inefficiencies root and branch.

Unfortunately, this is going to be hard, given all the vested interests and institutional inertia blocking deep reform of the construction sector. As Yglesias ruefully notes, a study by the Government Accountability Office looking into the problem of high train-construction costs was recently killed by Congress, with no explanation given
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Howcome there was no outcry when Ted Nugent said all those awful things about Obama?
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X