X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    IMO advertizing is NOT the same thing.
    Is that because there is a clear difference or is it because you've been exposed to adverts all of your life and have been conditioned to accept it?

Peer pressure is peer pressure. What is the difference between a company telling people that if they don't use that company's product, they will be social outcasts, with bad breath, stinky underarms, be the only kid in school without Brand X on their jeans or whatever and the operators of the bus service providing a ride to the polls telling the passengers whatever line of hooey they use? "Everyone else on the bus is voting for candidate X, you should too."

Sounds quite similar to me.

Comment

so looks like France learnt from the Trump fiasco, opted not to repeat history (by not electing an aryan capitalist nazi ******* b**** who planned to establish a 2nd Vichy police state), and basically gave the merican neocons - and their rusky masters - a big f*** you

just like I said months ago: americans will suffer so others don't have to

Comment

Dang. SR beat me to it, but with a different POV, obviously.

France's election is now official -- (leftist?) 39-year old Emmanuel Macron has won France's elections over populist-right winger Marine Le Pen.

Many naysayer comments in several articles and forum/blog discussion sites, are predicting *Say goodbye to (the old) France and hello to Sharia Islamic Law* as more Muslims settle in and freely populate France without the fear/hassle of being deported. This will be interesting to see how true such policies become activated --if-- and when.

If true for Islamic Sharia laws to soon take over France (thus, the whole banning of Muslim headscarves will also be repealed), might be scary for the LGBT's community and female visitors, as well in that same grouping going to the Eiffel Tower, etc. (..France has been an unstable region for years now, but be careful what you voted/wished for..)

Also, noted was some hypocrisy in the news about the USA's former President Obama doing some influential political support without actually endorsing Macron.. well, read the articles.. comments followed in the CNN report.

Surely there are more *naysayer* comments in the RT and a bunch of other places about the influential "political" hypocrisy going on around the world.

"Why Macron's victory is reassuring ... and yet not"
        By Edward Lucas
        Updated 3:52 PM ET, Sun May 7, 2017

. . .The outcome is decided by voters, not by foreign interference.

Not any more. What we are now seeing -- most recently in France -- is competition between the political mainstream, coalescing behind a single candidate, and its anti-systemic competitors.

The old coalitions are breaking down. The parties that once dominated politics are imploding. And a big -- although not yet decisive role -- has been played by an outsider, in the form of Russia and its leaking of stolen e-mails.
        . . .
        Really? No foreign influence in France's election? According to several news articles, former President Obama made a personal call to Macron a few weeks ago, encouraging support for Macron's potential win. This call made news headlines -- which is considered as just a news headline and not a form of influencial meddling? So, for the next several weeks, the elections in France looked iffy (fake news polls claiming Le Pen was winning, but that just couldn't happen -- or would it?). However, many leftists in France, are pro-Obama, so big surprise there?

"France's Macron has call with Obama ahead of election"
        Reuters, World News, Thu Apr 20, 2017, 12:58pm EDT

French presidential candidate Emmanuel Macron spoke with former U.S. president Barack Obama on the phone on Thursday, in an apparent sign of support just three days before the first round of an uncertain presidential election.

Macron said Obama wanted to exchange views about the French presidential campaign and that the ex-president had stressed how important the relationship between the two countries was.
        . . .
        So, it's okay for Obama to sort of influence the elections in France, but not okay for Putin to voice his opinion in supporting Donald Trump over Hillary Clinton in the USA's elections (meaning-- hoping Trump would win). Obama's strong support of Macron obviously meant that he (Obama) was NOT in support of Le Pen. Not a matter of influencing in any way, shape or form.. just making the news folks and hence the entire world let everyone know who was NOT being supported on *who's* list.. ...riiiiiiiight... actually now left, politically speaking, that is.

Comment

Originally posted by SGalisa View Post
          Really? No foreign influence in France's election? According to several news articles, former President Obama [bla bla]
          Obama? who the hell's Obama?
          ha yes...vaguely remember...the past...ex leader of yours or something...now a regular citizen...

yeah man how dare a citizen should use their 1st amendment rights!
          only Godvernment should have that right!

*Say goodbye to (the old) France and hello to Sharia Islamic Law*
          sharia - ISIS' sharia?
          ISIS - the ally of islamist Turkey?
          Turkey - and Herr Dogan, I mean, Erdogan?
          Erdogan - who recently "won" a referendum giving him absolute power?
          the rigged referendum - for which the LSOS himself heartily congratulated Erdogan?
          the LSOS - who endorsed Lepen & her nazi party?

SGalisa - who's so naively clueless on what she's talking about?

Comment

I am so glad the people of France made the best choice and didn't put Le Penn and her goons in power.
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
              sharia - ISIS' sharia?
              Not sure. Just plain Islamic Sharia Law from what I read.

Erdogan - who recently "won" a referendum giving him absolute power?
              That's why he thinks of himself as "god" -- because he now has some sort of absolute power.
              Remember what the saying is about absolute power -- corrupting absolutely, that is.
              Maybe Erdogan will be the bridge between the Middle East and Israel.. don't know. Still waiting to see what transpires within the next decade or so.

Hey, maybe Macron can take over the EU and become the "political" bridge between the Middle East and Israel.
              Why Israel? There are people making recommendations for the French Jews to high-tail it over to Israel now, before time gets too late.. read whatever you want into that. Currently, it means nothing at the moment.

SGalisa - who's so naively clueless on what she's talking about?
              Think whatever you want. I'm just posting about what I saw in the news and comment sections.
              saw this in one of The Blaze comments to article in quote---
              *Allons enfants de la shariah,
              Le jour d'Islam est arrivé!

(and yes, I looked up the translation -- it basically means *Islam has arrived*)
              I forget where or what the conversation was about, but do recall on one of these topic threads FH saying that Islam will take over the world.. something of that nature -- unless she was just joking.
              So, FF to today -- France apparently is officially first in line for Europe's transition there.. but I think this "religious" transition has been going on since before the year 2000, not just overnight from this recent election.

comments galore at the end by readers.. easy to tell which ones were the pro-Muslim ones.
              about half of the other comments were saying "Goodbye" to France..
              (and basically embrace the new Caliphate central -- to Europe)
              Other places (I forget where), Merkel was praising the election results.

Oh, and here is the RT article that had the worst goodbye's to France in the reader comments..
              FWIW.. (generic) Make you own observations.

Comment

sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Before this gets lost and buried again..

saw this in one of The Blaze comments to article in quote---

(and yes, I looked up the translation -- it basically means *Islam has arrived*)
                  I forget where or what the conversation was about, but do recall on one of these topic threads FH saying that Islam will take over the world.. something of that nature -- unless she was just joking.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Islam is the dominant faith on the planet.

USA
                  Protestant 46.5%, Roman Catholic 20.8%, Mormon 1.6%, Jehovah's Witness 0.8%, other Christian 0.9%, Jewish 1.9%, Muslim 0.9%, Buddhist 0.7%, Hindu 0.7%, other 1.8%, unaffiliated 22.8%
                  Is there a *pleasing* sense of pride in stating that *revelation*...? Again, noting the *wink* at the end..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  Islam is the dominant faith on the planet.
                  If yes, then my assessment of what I thought FH wrote is sort of correct, tho I remembered the exact wording and *possibly* reasoning for what she wrote -- incorrectly. .. In some circles of thought, a "religion" being the currently dominant faith on the planet essentially means eventually taking it over, unless the tides of time change again. That's what critics against Christianity kept saying about *Christianity* taking over the planet. So, apparently, now it's Islam's turn. Let's see what the next 20 to 50 years presents -- globally, first. Then, note which *force* is dominant and in control, and re-evaluate the pro's and con's as a result thereof.

Comment

https://www.rt.com/news/387496-le-pen-national-front-renew/
                    it'd be like a leopard trying to change its spots

strike that - it'd be like trying to recycle toxic waste

Is there a *pleasing* sense of pride in stating that *revelation*
                    I believe she was jk (christianity's still the dominant religion iirc)

Comment

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.f33e01454223

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        Is that because there is a clear difference or is it because you've been exposed to adverts all of your life and have been conditioned to accept it?

Peer pressure is peer pressure. What is the difference between a company telling people that if they don't use that company's product, they will be social outcasts, with bad breath, stinky underarms, be the only kid in school without Brand X on their jeans or whatever and the operators of the bus service providing a ride to the polls telling the passengers whatever line of hooey they use? "Everyone else on the bus is voting for candidate X, you should too."

Sounds quite similar to me.
                        IMO advertising is not peer pressure, cause there's actually no ramifications for not giving into them. unlike say at school, where the ostracising you can get from your class mates and such DOES have a real impact.

Also, noted was some hypocrisy in the news about the USA's former President Obama doing some influential political support without actually endorsing Macron.. well, read the articles.. comments followed in the CNN report.

That's cause when WE influence other countries elections its all ok "Spreading democracy don't cha know.."
                        BUT we will be damned if someone influences ours..

Comment

I'm not sure annoyed will be happy with you attributing a quote from SGallisa to him.
                          sigpic

Comment

IMO advertising is not peer pressure, cause there's actually no ramifications for not giving into them. unlike say at school, where the ostracising you can get from your class mates and such DOES have a real impact
                            Only if you allow it to. If you've told Mrs. Grundy to go fly a kite, it can't bother you.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                              The "pro-life" party has made pregnancy a reason to withhold healthcare coverage from half of the population.
                              See, that makes no sense.

Pro-life would do everything to make sure the health of the unborn child would be top priority. They would make sure it got the best care in the world, during and after the pregnancy.

Sad statistics here, but the US ranks the highest, or close to it, off all first-world countries when it comes to childbirth deaths, and newborns dying.

Here's a few dots I haven't seen connected yet...
                              We as a race are gaining the ability to see genetic markers for cancers and other hereditary diseases. IF the practice of charging people with pre-existing conditions is upheld, and it becomes "the standard", how long before insurers start demanding genetic screenings before quoting for a policy? And wasn't there just such an attempt to grant them (or somebody) that right in the news recently?
                              A couple of weeks ago, a law was passed which grants couples the chance to have a genetic test to check whether they are carriers of illnesses which they could potentially pass onto their children. They can then decide whether to risk it, or decide against having children the natural way (IVF, adopt, ...).

It's not mandatory, and it's not binding.

However, if i run a business and cause of my religious beliefs, i feel it would be dishonoring them to cater you cause of X, should i be forced to ignore those beliefs and cater to you?
                              Or should i have the ok to say "sorry but i can't do x for you sir. However i can sell you the stuff and you can do X on your own".
                              Are you running a public business? Or a private one?

Public, your believes have no place on the workfloor.
                              Private, do whatever you like.

But if you are providing all the ingredients so that the client can make their own thing, then why not spare yourself the trouble and create it yourself? What's the difference between being okay with providing the building blocks but not the finished the product?

Give it 15-20 years and they will have your complete record, including genetic DNA data in a central database somewhere. If you try to get a job w/ healthcare benefits, the potential employer or his insurance carrier will consult that database and see if you have any genetic markers for cancer, diabetes or whatever.
                              The same if you want to buy insurance on the private marketplace. Got markers for something expensive? Sorry, bud, you're outta here.
                              Gattaca anyone...

And in 2 new peeves..
                              First up comes a woman in San diego, who got busted for HOUSING (and getting paid by the human smugglers) 44 illegal aliens.. And after being busted, all she got was a measly 3 years 1 mo in jail??
                              http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/...504-story.html

And 2nd up, was yet ANOTHER faked hate crime. And all the faker may get is a paltry 1 year and 5k fine..
                              http://www.heraldtimesonline.com/wir...1a5d549b3.html
                              And Brock Turner served 3 months in jail for rape.

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              Speaking of that, Nassim Nicholas Taleb, the mathematician who wrote "The Black Swan", has an important essay on the subject which shows how stubbornly intolerant minorities can gain enough leverage to transform a tolerant country in their image
                              This is true in any situation.

Here's one that is taken straight from my daily life:

Put 3 Flemish people together during lunch, and the language will be Dutch. Add one Walloon, and the conversation will automatically continue in French. They don't even bother speaking Dutch.

Plenty more where that came from. What's a little halal food gonna bother me then... as long as it's good food, I don't care.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                              The FCC investigates Colbert.

Wow priorities there people. The real big issues. /s

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ump-putin-joke
                              Freedom of speech, except when it is to insult the Great Leader.

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                              That troublesome Constitution keeps getting in the way
                              He should burn it.

Well if the FCC cramped down on the NFL for Nipplegate back when Janet had her peekers pop out and say hello during the superbowl half time show many years back, why shouldn't the investigate whether what colbert said was too profane?
                              Odd how freecdom of speech suddenly goes out the window...

My comment wasn't just for you (GF). It was for everyone here (more than just 3 personas, too, btw) who seems to be trying to reshape my life into what *they* all think it should be.
                              You really think any of us would want you to change? Or to be something to fit inside someone else's box?
                              You clearly are not reading us well then.

Perhaps, a little less doom and gloom would be good on occasion. For that, yes, you probably have to change a bit. Cause all that downward thinking -- that's just not good for anyone.

As I noted before, when this psychological aspect brought the employment situation into perspective, etc.--
                              Being forced to work can and *is* depressing under extreme circumstances, BUT it is also the nature of life "in this world".
                              Let me stop you right there... the rest I'm going to firmly ignore, cause this part is the only important bit.

YOU are in control of your life.
                              YOU decide what you want to do with it.

Sure, if you believe Stephen Hawking's theory about the multiverse than every action we take spawns a new alternate life (like the many forks in the road). When you decide to go left, the alternate you goes right, and so on.

And when you're unhappy in your job or your life, you do something about it.
                              You are literally the only one who can change something, or start a chain events to change something.

And it doesn't even have to be some big change -- it can be the tiniest of changes.

You don't win anything by complaining.
                              Nothing changes with complaining.

It's not just Obama's "redistribution program(s)". The welfare system had morphed from providing "a hand getting up again" after a fall into a general handout allowing the recipients to live their life on the couch at taxpayer expense, generation after generation well before he ever crawled out of Chicago into national politics.
                              Same lesson for you -- complaining about it, won't change it.

What is it they say: take life into your own hands?

France's election is now official -- (leftist?) 39-year old Emmanuel Macron has won France's elections over populist-right winger Marine Le Pen.
                              Macron does not belong to any of the traditional parties, so I wouldn't put him left.

It was a 65/35 percent win for Emmanuelle.
                              A pretty big margin, if you ask me. Approximately 60% of the eligible population went out to vote, and a lot of them voted against Le Pen for the sole reason they did not want to see an extremist in charge of France.

But I see, you would have like Le Pen taking the win?
                              Do you have any idea who she is? What she stands for? Or are you just guessing by what you read in your newspapers?

Did you know she denied France's involvement in the Holocaust?

Many naysayer comments in several articles and forum/blog discussion sites, are predicting *Say goodbye to (the old) France and hello to Sharia Islamic Law* as more Muslims settle in and freely populate France without the fear/hassle of being deported. This will be interesting to see how true such policies become activated --if-- and when.
                              Perhaps, now is a good time to learn about politics in France.
                              From a French source -- I'm sure there are a few that will gladly translate it in English for you.

If true for Islamic Sharia laws to soon take over France (thus, the whole banning of Muslim headscarves will also be repealed), might be scary for the LGBT's community and female visitors, as well in that same grouping going to the Eiffel Tower, etc.

You mean like...

This: Alabama’s patently anti-LGBTQ bill H.B. 24

"The bill, deceptively titled the “Child Placing Agency Inclusion Act,” enshrines discrimination into Alabama law by allowing some state-licensed adoption and foster care agencies to reject qualified prospective LGBTQ adoptive or foster parents based on the agency’s religious beliefs. An amendment was added in the Senate and agreed to by the House that limits that discriminatory exemption to agencies that do not receive state or federal funding."

Or this: TN Gov. Signs Bill Undermining Protections for LGBTQ People in Effort to Challenge Marriage Equality

"...a measure that could undermine certain protections under state law for women and LGBTQ people in a shameful effort to challenge the Supreme Court of the United States’ decision on marriage equality.

[...]

The new law requires courts and agencies apply a so-called “natural” meaning interpretation of gendered statutory language, including those involving the rights of husbands and wives.
                              "

Or this perhaps: Texas Senate passes two anti-abortion bills

"Texas senators advanced two anti-abortion bills, one that would prevent parents from suing doctors if their baby is born with a birth defect and another that would require doctors to make sure a fetus is deceased before performing a certain type of abortion."

Or this one, which I'm not sure but I think was already ruled unconstitutional: Oklahoma Just Passed The Most Oppressive Law Against Women In History

"Women must get men’s permission to have an abortion as Oklahoma takes a giant step back to the dark ages of dangerous and illegal back-street abortions. A Public Health Committee at the state capitol agreed to let dads block abortions.

Republican state representative Justin Humphrey said that he just wants to include the father in the abortion process, but what he is really doing is giving the man the right to control the woman’s body.
                              "

I mean, seriously, you ought to have a look at all those bills that your own Christian conservative friends are passing and signing. I'm sure those aren't meant to hurt anyone, or discriminate against anyone's rights.

~~End of Part I ~~
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Yeah, he uttered his support for Macron.

Trump did the same for Le Pen.
                                The Republicans even had a meeting with Marine.

yeah man how dare a citizen should use their 1st amendment rights!
                                only Godvernment should have that right!
                                *snort*

Not sure. Just plain Islamic Sharia Law from what I read.
                                Where does that fear for this religion come from?

I have to ask.

Why is it not OK for certain subsets of Islam to have archaic or antiquated views on women's rights, or LGBTQ's, but it's OK for certain subsets of Christianity to have archaic or antiquated views on women's rights or LGBTQ's?

What in the bloody hell makes one OK and the other not OK in your eyes?

Maybe Erdogan will be the bridge between the Middle East and Israel.
                                Oh. My. Goddess.
                                You. Did. Not. Just. Say. That.

[img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Smiley/Other/hahasmiley.gif[/îmg] [img]http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y188/FalconHorus/Smiley/Other/roflma.gif[/îmg]

Hey, maybe Macron can take over the EU and become the "political" bridge between the Middle East and Israel.
                                I see you still don't understand how the European Union works.

Think whatever you want.
                                That you are clueless about French politics? About France in general? Or the presidential elections and its candidates?

Translation by someone who actually speaks French:

Come along, Children of Sharia
                                The day of Islam has arrived!

Someone took the first two lines of the Marseillaise (which you may or may not know, is the national anthem of France) and changed them for you.
                                The original line goes:

Allons enfants de la Patrie,
                                le jour de gloire est arrivé!

Come along children of the land,
                                the day of victory has arrived.

The only website google gives me in regards to your version is a Spanish website which reports on a 2012 court case in Lille where a Muslim man wanted his marriaged cancelled because the woman he married turned out not to be a virgin like her family had promised she'd be. Which has nothing to do with the elections whatsoever.

I did, and I wasn't joking, but I was wrong to assume Islam is already the most practiced religion in the world. It's not yet the most practiced religion. That position is still in the hands of Christianity. However, by 2050 that will have changed. They will have switched places.

I saw an article later that day on the twitter account of the National Geographic Channel. Meant to correct my post but forgot.

I believe she was jk (christianity's still the dominant religion iirc)
                                I wasn't joking but yes, for now Christianity is still practiced more than Islam.

~~The End ~~
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X