This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    The reason is the 9th Circuit is bent so far to the left that it's kissing its own @$$.
    and now without them people like James Duckett could be once again back on your streets. you'll see the difference soon (or your grandkids, more like. lol)

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    People often file in the 9th because it is 2/3rds liberal for social issues, that's your reasoning. Same deal with the 5th circuit being a place where you go for conservative issues because it is basically the south. Both sides go judge shopping.
    people anywhere in the US including outside the 9th circuit zone? (west coast)
    so it's not just a geographic thing then? the n-th circuit courts have authority all over the US? Annoyed suggested otherwise
    now I'm confused again

Comment

The two most recent decisions, blocking Trump's immigration bans and the sanctuary cities originated within the 9th's district.

But as I understand it in general, a group that wants to go to a specific court simply finds a suitable case within the jurisdiction of the court they want to use.

Comment

what I meant was, suppose a resident of eg. Texas or Florida wants to sue local authorities over a civil rights violation or something, can they go all the way west & take it to the 9th court?

Comment

No. they have to go the district they are in.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Once you get someone UP In the fireman's carry, sure. BUT you need to GET them up there, and as a 5ft 11, 180 (at the time) person, i struggled and even injured my back trying to get a 220lb guy from the ground UP to my shoulders to DO the fireman's carry. And a 130lb 5ft 6 woman that was in our training group almosst popped her knee trying to do the same...

It is only supposed to be the last 3 months, so just prior to election day and when the new POTUS takes office, which makes sense to a degree, NOT a whole quarter of a term.
            I thought it was reagan's last 6 mo.. BUT either way the precedent was set.

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            k I didn't know the numbers were a geographical thing (I thought they were hierarchical or something - the 9th circuit is often associated with cases involving civil liberties where they side with the victim, gotta be a reason for that)
            Nope each Circut court represents a geo area. Much like you have FBI offices for certain Geo areas..
            And why the 9th is often hearing those civil liberties issues, is cause people "Push cases TO them knowing the liberal mentality of the court there will often rule in their favor..

People often file in the 9th because it is 2/3rds liberal for social issues, that's your reasoning. Same deal with the 5th circuit being a place where you go for conservative issues because it is basically the south. Both sides go judge shopping.
            Or if you are filing Patent violation lawsuits, you can often push to get it heard in a certain town in Texas cause 95% of the time they always rule in the patent holder's favor.
            Or if you are diviorcing, you shop to get the most favorable judge for YOUR side of the divorce.. SOMETHING I have always found wrong.
            If you are resident of X state, and I am a resident of Y state, and we got married in B state, you should NOT be allowed to shop to find J state to divorce in.. It should be XY or B only..

Tell me Annoyed or Garkhal, Are you guys Illegal aliens?
            Nope. Born US citizen overseas (USAF Lakenheath)..

The scoring system might have changed but the CPAT-test in the USA is still very much the same as it always has been. Going over the time limit, and thus run out of oxygen, doesn't automatically mean the end of the dream. It just means, you have to go back and try again.
            Falcon.. If they change the scoring system, is that NOT changing the standards? Like say "black applicants get 4 hrs to take the test and need only a 75% passing grade, vice all others needing to do it in 3 hrs and a 80% grade"..?

Comment

Lakenheath had the most amazing air displays when I was a kid.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                I thought it was reagan's last 6 mo.. BUT either way the precedent was set.
                nope, the lame duck period is when you are -really- on your way out. -IF- the rupubs instead of just not hearing anything on Garland and found ways to deny it until Obama was in the same period, the Dems would not have a leg to stand on. McConnal the douche however made a total mess of it.
                Nope each Circut court represents a geo area. Much like you have FBI offices for certain Geo areas..
                And why the 9th is often hearing those civil liberties issues, is cause people "Push cases TO them knowing the liberal mentality of the court there will often rule in their favor..
                Yup.
                Or if you are filing Patent violation lawsuits, you can often push to get it heard in a certain town in Texas cause 95% of the time they always rule in the patent holder's favor.
                Or if you are diviorcing, you shop to get the most favorable judge for YOUR side of the divorce.. SOMETHING I have always found wrong.
                If you are resident of X state, and I am a resident of Y state, and we got married in B state, you should NOT be allowed to shop to find J state to divorce in.. It should be XY or B only..
                Yup.
                What makes you legal?
                Your parents, grandparents or someone came to the US as an illegal alien, you, like us are a nation of illegal aliens.
                Trumps Grandfather was an illegal -refugee- Alien. By his own standards, he would have to kick his grandfather out of the country.
                Do you think that is right or fair?
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

That trade was fairly well diversified even back then. At one point, I worked at a shop where I was the only white employee.
                  I seriously doubt the discrimination issue is anywhere near as prevalent as some folks would have you believe.

Of course, the folks who would have you believe that have a vested interest in perpetuating the belief. Maybe that's why they keep pushing it?
                  I prefer the statistics rather than anecdotal evidence, and while you, or me may have worked in diverse places, how diverse do you think places are outside of the evil liberal stronghold you live in? Do you think you would have the same experience in Alabama? Mississippi?, Louisiana?
                  sigpic

Comment

nope, the lame duck period is when you are -really- on your way out. -IF- the rupubs instead of just not hearing anything on Garland and found ways to deny it until Obama was in the same period, the Dems would not have a leg to stand on. McConnal the douche however made a total mess of it.
                    The Republicans in the Senate could have easily rejected nominee after nominee. There was no way on this earth that they would have confirmed anyone that that the LSoS would have nominated. But why bother?
                    Why create all the fuss about what was preordained to begin with? What would have been the point, from a practical standpoint?

What makes you legal?
                    Your parents, grandparents or someone came to the US as an illegal alien, you, like us are a nation of illegal aliens.
                    Trumps Grandfather was an illegal -refugee- Alien. By his own standards, he would have to kick his grandfather out of the country.
                    Do you think that is right or fair?
                    My ancestors came to this country through Ellis Island in the 1920's after WWI. Legally migrated to the country, walked in the front door, proud as hell. They didn't sneak in across a poorly defended border or or overstay a visa. And I myself was born here.
                    That is why I'm legally a citizen. And neither you nor anybody else has any justification to say otherwise.

Comment

The Republicans in the Senate could have easily rejected nominee after nominee. There was no way on this earth that they would have confirmed anyone that that the LSoS would have nominated. But why bother?
                      Why create all the fuss about what was preordained to begin with? What would have been the point, from a practical standpoint?
                      You just don't get it do you?
                      Politics is a -system- when you start to break that system, you invite all kinds of garbage into replace that system, and what you are inviting in is Autocracy. Why bother with elections, why bother with anything if you can just rig the system in your favour.
                      This isn't about just meaningless "form", it is the integrity of your entire political system. This is -exactly- what SR in his own charming way has been warning you about, and you don't even see the problem. As long as you get what you believe in, you don't care how you get it.

My ancestors came to this country through Ellis Island in the 1920's after WWI. Legally migrated to the country, walked in the front door, proud as hell. They didn't sneak in across a poorly defended border or or overstay a visa. And I myself was born here.
                      That is why I'm legally a citizen. And neither you nor anybody else has any justification to say otherwise.
                      Really?? Ok.
                      sigpic

Comment

Remember 1800-VOICE..

Gotta report those space aliens, I mean illegal aliens who are committing crimes right across the whole USA.

I mean they even made you guys a special phone number to do that.

No brown shirts necessary
                        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          Remember 1800-VOICE..

Gotta report those space aliens, I mean illegal aliens who are committing crimes right across the whole USA.

I mean they even made you guys a special phone number to do that.

But they need that!!
                          For, for NATIONAL SECURITY!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            Lakenheath had the most amazing air displays when I was a kid.
                            It sure did.. But i spent a good chunk of my youth living nearby in the town of Bury St Edmunds..

What makes you legal?
                            When my great-great grand parents came in, they emigrated legally, did the paperwork and became citizens.

The only ones i see acting like brown shirts are the dick heads at berkeley, Modesto and other liberal havens acting out against anyone conservative wanting to speak there cause they were INVITED by others in that town/college..

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                              When my great-great grand parents came in, they emigrated legally, did the paperwork and became citizens.
                              The paperwork?
                              You mean, "You white, welcome to America!!"?
                              The only ones i see acting like brown shirts are the dick heads at berkeley, Modesto and other liberal havens acting out against anyone conservative wanting to speak there cause they were INVITED by others in that town/college..
                              I'll defend your right to say what you want, I just don't care if anyone listens to you, especially if what someone might be saying is specifically designed to denigrate others.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally Posted by Annoyed
                                You just don't get it do you?
                                Politics is a -system- when you start to break that system, you invite all kinds of garbage into replace that system, and what you are inviting in is Autocracy. Why bother with elections, why bother with anything if you can just rig the system in your favour.
                                This isn't about just meaningless "form", it is the integrity of your entire political system. This is -exactly- what SR in his own charming way has been warning you about, and you don't even see the problem. As long as you get what you believe in, you don't care how you get it.
                                The legal process is that the President nominates his choice and the Senate approves or disapproves. The Senate has no obligation whatsoever to approve any particular candidate. So they are within the letter & spirit of the law to withhold approval from any nominee.
                                Notice the phrase I bolded above; "would have nominated". There was nothing on earth aside from his own politics preventing the LSoS from nominating a choice that the Senate would have approved, somebody like Gorsuch, for example. If that had happened, would the Senate have given him a hearing and approval? We can't know for certain, but I suspect they would have.

The LSoS lost his power to nominate someone of his own choosing when the voters turned the Senate over to the Republicans. Should the Senate have given the LSoS's choice a hearing? Probably. But it would have been pointless, the Senate doesn't have to approve any particular choice. And the voters were certainly aware of the open seat last year, when they elected a Republican President and gave him a Republican Senate. The voters clearly went along with not wanting any more liberal justices.

And don't forget, the process of selecing SCOTUS judges has become and is continuing to grow more partisan and politicized ever since the Democrats "borked" a Reagan nominee they disagreed with.

Comment

Working...
                                X