This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Womble View Post
    Stuff happens. Even the best and the fanciest flying things fall. Can't blame the CIA for this really.

That thing the Iranians are showing is probably a mock-up though. Looks too clean and neat for something with a history of crash landing. The real thing is probably already disassembled into pieces and shipped to China.
    I am rather interested in China's growth in international politics. It really seems intent on developing into a new Super Power.
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      I am rather interested in China's growth in international politics. It really seems intent on developing into a new Super Power.
      God help us.

Comment

Originally posted by Col.Foley View Post
        God help us.
        Nah. I think I'll stay out of this
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

China will collapse, though, unless it radically changes again. The population divides in so many forms of life are too far apart for sustainable growth. The lauded education system there even is not that great. China claims an excellent education system, though that only applies to the coast-line provinces. The further inland you get, the more peasants you find and the higher illiteracy rates.
          If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
          Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
          If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
          Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

Then this might interest you. It's a good, statistics-heavy analysis showing the many ways in which China could- not necessarily but very likely- decline before it rises.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

http://www.guardian.co.uk/society/20...tary?fb=optOut

What does everyone think of this?

Comment

Ah, the Department of Defense, staying classy!
                My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post
                  Last year 3,158 sexual crimes were reported within the US military. Of those cases, only 529 reached a court room, and only 104 convictions were made
                  I can say that many many of these reports are fake. Women in the military hangs out with a guy, he comes on flirts with her while both drinking. They have sex, a few days later, she wants more than sex, he says he doesnt want to. She then says she was raped, ruining the guys life in the military.

There are many kinds of false reports cause the women regrets it or gets hurt.

While yes it is a problem, the stats are basically wrong. It doesnt take into account the number of false reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault or rape. Now you take these into account. I wouldnt be suprised if it drops by 1/4 or 1/2 even.

Comment

Originally posted by Rudy Pena View Post
                    I can say that many many of these reports are fake. Women in the military hangs out with a guy, he comes on flirts with her while both drinking. They have sex, a few days later, she wants more than sex, he says he doesnt want to. She then says she was raped, ruining the guys life in the military.

While yes it is a problem, the stats are basically wrong. It doesnt take into account the number of false reports of sexual harassment, sexual assault or rape. Now you take these into account. I wouldnt be suprised if it drops by 1/4 or 1/2 even.
                    Do you have the stats on the amount of rape reports that are false?

Comment

Do you have the stats on the amount of rape reports that are false?
                      Nope, I do not. I read the whole story. No where did I see anything about how many of the crimes are false.

Comment

Ah come on a soldier in Iraq is more likely to be killed by drowning in a bath tub IN AMERICA then being hurt by enemy fire right now.

Comment

I like how your statement is backed up by numbers and links to other articles backing up your claim.
                          My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
                            I like how your statement is backed up by numbers and links to other articles backing up your claim.
                            You're welcome.

Comment

Where is your evidence for any of this?
                              sigpic
                              http://annorasponderings.tumblr.com/
                              http://circumvented.tumblr.com/

Comment

The evidence I have is the fact that when I was active duty army, I knew of a women who did this. The fact that we were always warned this was a possibility with the example I gave. I was even almost caught up in something like that back in late 2008, you guys may not believe me. But answer me this, How many women have done this in the civilian life? I read a news thread on yahoo yesterday saying how a woman claiming to be raped by someone, in order to get her husband to agree to move from the high crime area.

How many women here have done something to get a guy in trouble at 1 point in your life? Or even thought of doing something to get a guy in trouble?

Im sure if you guys wanted to look up what Im saying, you guys can.
                                Originally posted by shipper hannah View Post
                                Where is your evidence for any of this?

Comment

Working...
                                X