Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ummm... The Democrats set the precedent for this back in 2013.

Comment

Honestly, Gorsuch doesn't seem too bad to me. Though I am worried about his work regarding torture and the patriot act.
      By Nolamom
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
        Honestly, Gorsuch doesn't seem too bad to me. Though I am worried about his work regarding torture and the patriot act.
        Read more about him.
        He is a knowledgeable legal mind, no doubt, but he has no empathy whatsoever. He wanted to charge a truck driver for leaving his rig because the guy did not want to freeze to death. He kept claiming he did not want to "politicise" things in his confirmation hearings, yet on more than one occasion has written (by choice) dissents against rulings based on his political leanings and not legal arguments.
        Gee golly gosh, sounds like a person you would want helping to decide abstract legal meanings that can affect millions of lives...............
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          Ummm... The Democrats set the precedent for this back in 2013.
          No, they specifically avoided SCOTUS judges.
          sigpic

Comment

One detail here, the Chicken eggs are not fertilized. And in any case...we eat chickens but we don't eat people. You know, the Circle of Life...
            Vegetarians don't eat chickens.

And canabalism does exist in certain tribes -- so technically humans do eat humans.

Here's a thing that I really do not agree with. Government funded healthcare coverage for abortions based on personal reasons.
            That's the beauty of universal health care -- one of the best in the world too.

But to be honest, being the grandson of two different dirt poor parents I just have a hard time wrapping my mind around the concept. If in the 1950's rural Mexico two different couples were able to raise 4 kids in the case of my paternal grandparents and 12 kids in the case of my maternal grandparents to the point where most if not all of their grandkids are alive, healthy, starting their own families, some of which are starting their own businesses or have/are getting college degrees and so on...how come it is seen as such an impossible task for a couple (or one person) in a first world nation to raise just one soul?
            Because 2017 isn't 1950.
            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

That's commie talk FH. Arrest her McCarthyTood
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Vegetarians don't eat chickens.

And canabalism does exist in certain tribes -- so technically humans do eat humans.

That's the beauty of universal health care -- one of the best in the world too.

Because 2017 isn't 1950.
                Oh I'm sorry. By "1950's Rural Mexico" I mean no education, very little modern technology, and a conspicuous lack of roads (Some dirt trails that lead to unpaved roads that finally lead to that one paved road that goes to the city and the nearby town with a train station, and by nearby I mean a days walk or two), and no government assistance whatsoever. No labor laws (none enforced anyway) and no wage laws. Living in dirt from day to day where drinking one cup of Coka Cola a week is a luxury. It was the wild west of sorts.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep
                  And everything is far more expensive now but wages haven't increased to match.

Tood must be a Baby Boomer to be making that argument.

That's a very first world way of looking at things. The mere fact I can buy a hamburger already puts me ahead of my parents by leaps and bounds. My parents literally played with mud. I got actual toys. My parents never saw a doctor until their late teens, I've been seeing one since I was a baby. My parents never went past the 5th grade. I graduated from college. My parents, as children, could never have imagined flying in an airplane, I flew for the first time when I was around 12 years old. My parents as children didn't even have a radio, as a child I had a TV and as a teenager, a computer. Do you realize how big of a deal that is?

My parents didn't always have full balanced meals, I did. So yeah, if they could do it living in actual poverty, real poverty where your next meal is not guaranteed to be sufficient (or there at all) with all of those siblings and raised families that were better off, then you can bet that someone in a first world country can raise one child to lead a good life.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

I think the core of his argument is that if you are willing to work and are careful about your choices, you should be able to raise a child with your own resources in a first world nation.

Comment

I think the core of his argument is that if you are willing to work and are careful about your choices, you should be able to raise a child with your own resources in a first world nation.
                      Yeah, that would be it. I get it though, it is economically hard to do it. And people would prefer not to make some sacrifices, and that's okay. But if you (general you) want a child, not being able to afford it isn't much of an excuse. My parents did sacrifice a lot for me and my siblings, their entire country. My grandparents found a way to raise healthy kids against all odds. It just irks me when people making thousands of dollars in nations with welfare like to pretend that it is impossible to have just one child. And to be honest, no matter what bracket of income a modern couple is in, they always feel like they can't afford a child.

So to abort a child simply because you feel that you don't have the money, just doesn't make sense to me. And I am not against providing help for struggling families either. Just because my parents were raised in the dirt, doesn't mean that the poor here have to be.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

not to mention you mention that education is so expensive now....there's a reason for that.....education costs started skyrocketing when all these 3rd party payers were introduced in the form of government-backed education loans...if it sounds like a familiar story it's because it is....very similar thing happened to our health care system

Comment

That's a very first world way of looking at things. The mere fact I can buy a hamburger already puts me ahead of my parents by leaps and bounds. My parents literally played with mud. I got actual toys. My parents never saw a doctor until their late teens, I've been seeing one since I was a baby. My parents never went past the 5th grade. I graduated from college. My parents, as children, could never have imagined flying in an airplane, I flew for the first time when I was around 12 years old. My parents as children didn't even have a radio, as a child I had a TV and as a teenager, a computer. Do you realize how big of a deal that is?
                          I think you are confusing access with affordability.

My parents didn't always have full balanced meals, I did. So yeah, if they could do it living in actual poverty, real poverty where your next meal is not guaranteed to be sufficient (or there at all) with all of those siblings and raised families that were better off, then you can bet that someone in a first world country can raise one child to lead a good life.
                          The "dirt poor" of first world nations can still face the same issues, which is why social programs exist.
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Probably as long as MSNBC has been one!

And can you name one legitimate news story they ever covered that they didn't twist or turn into conspiracy land ********?

Also rumours.....

Has Ryan flipped to the FBI some bigger fish in return for immunity?
                            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The Democrat's mouthpiece, Schumer* has stated they intend on filibustering on Gorsuch's nomination, forcing the Republicans to use the nuclear option, as the Democrats did in 2013.
                              Several news reports i read said he was quoted as saying he would fillibuster and down vote ANY nominee Trump or the republicans come up with..

Comment

Wow Trump supporters sure like to push people around. You guys won so why you fighting with other people? Video just shown on our news of them pushing people around about some stupid issue.
                                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X