X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Why?
    I don't mean a UFP style, "all togeather", I mean in a more general sense.
    Ah, you do recall my comparison to the UFP.

One one of the reasons for the federation's policy is that they want member planets to be able to stand as equals with the other members of the Fed.

We on Earth are not yet at that point where the various nations can stand together as equals. So we are not ready for a one-world unified govt. And based on what I see, I don't think we will be ready for a few centuries yet.

Comment

Not exactly.
      difference?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Ah, you do recall my comparison to the UFP.
        I have search function if my memory fails.
        One one of the reasons for the federation's policy is that they want member planets to be able to stand as equals with the other members of the Fed.
        Incorrect.
        They were able to stand -togeather- as a planet, even if they were technologically behind the UFP. Big difference.
        We on Earth are not yet at that point where the various nations can stand together as equals. So we are not ready for a one-world unified govt. And based on what I see, I don't think we will be ready for a few centuries yet.
        Based on what criteria?
        On the UFP criteria, the parts of your country you are willing to airlock are the parts that would be considered for membership, and the parts you defend would not.
        So, I ask again, who is not ready?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
          difference?
          context?
          sigpic

Comment

Populism will always have supporters, it's there in the name.

The question is, is populism, on a global scale a good idea?
            If -all countries- turn popularist, and even moreso, put their country first at every turn, will that be good for any country?
            If everyone started taking care f their OWN people first, then imo it would be (or should) be good FOR their countries.

Comment

Stop it, that's far too sensible an idea.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                If everyone started taking care f their OWN people first, then imo it would be (or should) be good FOR their countries.
                How do you reach a deal if all you care about is your own people?
                Go watch "The game" (SGA S3 Ep 15)
                sigpic

Comment

The view from Russia:
                  http://www.vox.com/conversations/201...illary-clinton
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Considering, you would gladly rescind equal rights from your OWN people to "protect" other OWN people, I'd say your statement above is flawed.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

http://www.businessinsider.com.au/tr...17-2?r=US&IR=T
                      sigpic

Comment

nothing to laugh about (though it be funny if it were 4 months earlier)
                        fat lot of good that will do now that the LSOS is in power :/

those hypocritical POS' at the Gestapo KGB FBI should've revealed this before the elections instead of focusing solely on some mail server in a toilet

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                          nothing to laugh about (though it be funny if it were 4 months earlier)
                          fat lot of good that will do now that the LSOS is in power :/

those hypocritical POS' at the Gestapo KGB FBI should've revealed this before the elections instead of focusing solely on some mail server in a toilet
                          Yes, it is hilarious, -especially- now.
                          The longer this goes on, the more people get drawn into the area of what amounts to treason. Everyone is swiftly loosing their "plausible deniability". Impeach trump now, you still have the rest of the nest of vipers to deal with, this time led by a -competent- leader in Pence, who is arguably more ultra right wing than trump. Connect them all togeather, and you get to cut the entire beast down in one fell swoop.
                          Play the long game.
                          sigpic

Comment

I sat on this for a day, thought other people would post it:
                            http://www.vox.com/policy-and-politi...ance-bathrooms.

They came for the Muslims, but as I was not Muslim, I did not speak
                            They came for the illegals, but as I was not illegal, I did not speak
                            They came for the LGBT's, but as I was not LGBT, I did not speak
                            They came for healthcare, but as I was not sick, I did not speak
                            They came for the media, but as they are all liars, I did not speak
                            When they came for me, there was no one left to speak for me.
                            sigpic

Comment

Just remember ladies, it's liberals who are against women and their rights............
                              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gIyXi0SbVO4
                              sigpic

Comment

Being POTUS, it's a 9-5 weekday job, right?
                                https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.a3a0f0238c89
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X