This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Result of 5 seconds with a google machine.

Country Comparison > Oil - production > TOP 20
    Rank Country Oil - production (bbl/day)
    1 Saudi Arabia 11,730,000
    2 United States 11,110,000
    3 Russia 10,440,000
    4 China 4,197,000

And with the keystone pipeline likely to move forward now, our production is likely to rise.
    All we gotta do is stop exporting.
    That is assuming Saudi Arabia is even willing to go without the money they get selling us oil. Unlikely at best.
    The Keystone pipeline that will be moving Canadian oil to the Gulf of Mexico where it can be shipped overseas? How will that help domestic production?

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      not sure that's a good thing unless they find a way to impeach Pence too (on what charges?)
      It's not, but you know as well as I do he's already pulling the strings which tie Agent Orange to Putin.

Originally posted by Starsaber View Post
      The Keystone pipeline that will be moving Canadian oil to the Gulf of Mexico where it can be shipped overseas? How will that help domestic production?
      By using American materials only, because it's the best.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Result of 5 seconds with a google machine.

Country Comparison > Oil - production > TOP 20
        Rank Country Oil - production (bbl/day)
        1 Saudi Arabia 11,730,000
        2 United States 11,110,000
        3 Russia 10,440,000
        4 China 4,197,000

And with the keystone pipeline likely to move forward now, our production is likely to rise.
        All we gotta do is stop exporting.
        That is assuming Saudi Arabia is even willing to go without the money they get selling us oil. Unlikely at best.

Just on that why hasn't the LSOS extended his muslim ban to Saudi Arabia or the UAE?

Could it be that if he did that that would hurt the bottom line?
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Maybe Trump wants a war or some kind of attack so he can invoke emergency powers..

Comment

I tried to be neutral last week, but now His first week has passed and I am sharing your pain...
            "I was hoping for another day. Looks like we just got a whole lot more than that. Let's not waste it."

"Never underestimate your audience. They're generally sensitive, intelligent people who respond positively to quality entertainment."

"Individual science fiction stories may seem as trivial as ever to the blinder critics and philosophers of today, but the core of science fiction, its essence, has become crucial to our salvation, if we are to be saved at all."

Comment

Originally posted by Platschu View Post
              I tried to be neutral last week, but now His first week has passed and I am sharing your pain...
              Can I do the "I told you so" dance?
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

As I understand it, several large capacity oil refineries are already operating in the Gulf region. So that oil is not simply passing through. We could choose to dedicate it to domestic use, barring export.

Comment

As I understand it, several large capacity oil refineries are already operating in the Gulf region. So that oil is not simply passing through. We could choose to dedicate it to domestic use, barring export.
                  But it still is Canadian oil, not domestic oil. The best way to reduce our use of foreign oil is to reduce our use of oil. It'll take some time, but the sooner we find alternatives for the things we can, the longer our oil will last for the things we're slower to find alternatives for.

Comment

But it still is Canadian oil, not domestic oil. The best way to reduce our use of foreign oil is to reduce our use of oil. It'll take some time, but the sooner we find alternatives for the things we can, the longer our oil will last for the things we're slower to find alternatives for.
                    Thus the mindset is revealed.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

And how much might all that economic activity benefit US workers if we were making it ourselves ?
                      It wouldn't. It decrease demand due to the increased prices of those products because less people would be able to afford to buy them, or they'd buy less of them. That means less production...which means a reduction in capital or labor, probably both. In essence, you wouldn't have any real wage growth and very limited job growth. And when the export market starts to suffer, that job growth would disappear. This isn't theory, it's called Venezuela. We've seen this happen in the early 1900's and many times over. It's not a theory, it's history.

Yes, pulling that activity back into the US will no doubt put a crimp on Mexico's economy. But guess what? We shouldn't be looking out for Mexicos or any other country's interests ahead of our own.

What do you think will happen if America's 2nd biggest costumer of American goods and services goes down the drain? Everyone gets a pay raise? No immigrants would want to come here? The Chinese won't use that as a way to set up shop next door? The Russians wont move in?

I've wondered if the international opposition to Trumps polices is based on the fact that if we start looking out for ourselves, first, last and always it might not be so good for countries that have benefited from our stupid trade policies up until now.
                      Why do you need to wonder? In this very forum you've been reading foreigners' posts and their reasoning for their opposition. Unless you really are being willfully ignorant...

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                      Cool, make it all yourselves, with your own materials.
                      What are you going to do when you hit market saturation and people don't -want- to buy your exports?

What will you do when people retaliate and say OPEC slaps a 20% tariff on your imports of oil and gas?
                      (I know what trump thinks about that one, go to war and take the oil)

Your 350 million people, and a huge market, but really you are a drop in the ocean, population wise. America rose to dominance -after- WW2, not based on protectionism, but free trade.
                      Cut those ties, and the only viable recourse left to you is war.

Silly GF. He probably doesn't even know what market saturation is...besides, he doesn't need to. It's all just a theory. His feels are much more important and accurate.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

So yeah that oil is Canadian not American unless you are planning on stealing it.

Typical

Comment

I need psychological counselling because of my severe disconnects, I'm sorry Tood.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                            Silly GF. He probably doesn't even know what market saturation is...besides, he doesn't need to. It's all just a theory. His feels are much more important and accurate.
                            Remember when he said that the other side was like that and his view was more logical. Hypocrisy is fun
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              I need psychological counselling because of my severe disconnects, I'm sorry Tood.
                              Dr. Jelgate will help

*puts GF on shrink couch*

Tell me about your mother
                              Originally posted by aretood2
                              Jelgate is right

Comment

I'll tell you about his mother. His mamma so fat, she has her own moon.
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X