This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    I'll take Reuters, BBC World, BBC News, NY Times, The Hill, Washington Post, De Redactie, Al Jazeera, CNN, Vox, Politico, Snopes, Newsneck, ...

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
      What's wrong with it?

Here's the english website: http://www.aljazeera.com/
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

And as long as we're talking about web sites...

I guess the EC is ok, unless the other team works it better.

BIAS ALERT: Slate switches from defense of Electoral College to calling it a tool of white supremacy

What a difference four years and Donald Trump's victory make for the liberal site Slate.

Slate published a piece in November 2012 called "In Defense of the Electoral College" that lists five reasons why the system, which allows state electors to ultimately select the future president whether or not that person won the popular vote, is actually great for democracy.

Those reasons include the "certainty of outcome" and being able to avoid run-off elections.

Of course, that was published in the wake of President Obama's victory over Mitt Romney. The left-leaning site is singing a very different tune this year.
        Slate published a new piece a few days after this year's election calling the Electoral College an "instrument of white supremacy and sexism."

Comment

Slate did a Trump.

It's the new normal, Annoyed. Get with the program!
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Slate did a Trump.

He's forgotten that Trump has ranted against the Electoral College system.. And has demanded it be abolished more than once because it allows unqualified people to win while receiving fewer votes...

And 'did a Trump' ....Trump means fart here...

Comment

Slate did a Trump.

It only counts when the opposition does it
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

BIAS ALERT: Slate switches from defense of Electoral College to calling it a tool of white supremacy
                Slate did a Trump.

If you read the pieces from slate, they are addressing 2 different issues, and FOX (BAIS ALERT!!) can't seem to tell the two apart. If you just read the headlines, it looks like an about face, but if you look further, you will find that the older article is not so much a "defence" of the EC, more like "but this is the good stuff you get from it" (which, yes is a defence of sorts, but the softest one you could print), The second is looking at the "3/5ths laws that gave the slave states more electoral votes (till overturned) and the disenfranchisement of women voters (until the suffragette movement overturned them) and how that shaped the EC.
                Both have poor and misleading banner headlines however.
                sigpic
                ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                  Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  For what exactly?
                  Obama did many things that skirted what he was allowed to do as POTUS. What you have to bear in mind is that what you can impeach a US president for is pretty vague as well. I am sure that some of the stuff he did could be viewed as impeachable offences if you really wanted to see them that way. Think of it more like a vote of no confidence like we have here for our party leaders if they are challenged, but requiring more proof.

I don't think he did anything that met that level, but I will say he got pretty damn close. Obama was no saint, and it's entirely fair to call him too soft when he should have been harder (Syria and Russia are prime examples).
                  Check out this site, its one of a # listing his impeachable offenses..
                  http://www.isthatbaloney.com/21-impe...hussein-obama/

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

What a difference 4 years makes..

Comment

BIAS CHECK!!!
                    That site is heavily biased right wing and is run by a scam artist!!
                    sigpic

Comment

BIAS CHECK!!!
                      That site is heavily biased right wing and is run by a scam artist!!
                      Trump?
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                        Trump?
                        No, but he was busted on real estate fraud, so close enough
                        sigpic

Comment

That means I get 2 points
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Check out this site, its one of a # listing his impeachable offenses..
                            http://www.isthatbaloney.com/21-impe...hussein-obama/

What a difference 4 years makes..
                            That site didn't include how he instituted Sharia Law in New Jersey. So it is severely lacking in information.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Spend them wisely.

On another note, Refugee's are stealing money from government that would help pay for veterans affairs, right?
                              No one would know just how evil these refugee's are than the very people they are stealing from, right?

sigpic

Comment

Spend them wisely.

On another note, Refugee's are stealing money from government that would help pay for veterans affairs, right?
                                No one would know just how evil these refugee's are than the very people they are stealing from, right?

[video=youtube;01ZCGoXm2NU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01ZCGoXm2NU[/vieo]

Wait...you mean to tell me that not everything in life is a zero sum game? Liar! I'm tired of your lies and your "facts".
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X