This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    First, it's none of the government's business how much water my toilet or dishwasher uses. But more importantly, these limits are too low to allow these tools to do their jobs effectively. But this doesn't matter to the brainless drones who come up with regulations such as this.
    Let me use one of your favorite lines, and turn it around:

Stop your whining, and deal with it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

First, it's none of the government's business how much water my toilet or dishwasher uses.
      no but it's other people's business

is it anyone's business if you speed or drive drunk? it's your car & your booze after all

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
        We do that with most of our defense tech, but aircraft is different.

Israel actually experimented with creating its own combat jets; there was Kfir, a clone of the French Mirage 5. And there was our own very advanced design, IAI Lavi, which was very successful and generated a lot of interest. Two prototypes were already flying when the project was cancelled. Trouble is, though, Israel is not large enough to maintain a full-blown aircraft industry. It's too expensive and resource-intensive for a country of 8 million to set up mass production of fighter jets. Besides, the USA didn't want a competition to the F-16, and didn't want any advanced technologies to be transferred to South Africa, which was interested in purchasing the Lavi, so they lobbied for shutting down the project in exchange for a lowered price for F-16s.

In other words the USA bullies to stay dominant. No one else can create high tech aircraft. It has to be the USA because reasons.
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Here is something funny I found

http://pre14.deviantart.net/fcee/th/...ck-darfuzg.jpg

Comment

First, it's none of the government's business how much water my toilet or dishwasher uses. But more importantly, these limits are too low to allow these tools to do their jobs effectively. But this doesn't matter to the brainless drones who come up with regulations such as this.
            Actually, yes it is their business, and yes there is enough to do their job effectively. If you need more than 2.5 gallons of water to flush your toilet, you need to look into the plumbing, and I don't mean the toilet.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Actually, yes it is their business, and yes there is enough to do their job effectively. If you need more than 2.5 gallons of water to flush your toilet, you need to look into the plumbing, and I don't mean the toilet.
              This is a clear illustration of one thing that is clear, and why we disagree so much. We have vastly different ideas of government's place in the scheme of things.

Comment

This is a clear illustration of one thing that is clear, and why we disagree so much. We have vastly different ideas of government's place in the scheme of things.
                Should government not have a say in how to manage natural resources? Do you think more natural resources will "appear" if they are managed by the private sector? Is water, clean potable water a right, or a luxury to be traded?
                sigpic

Comment

What, does the used water magically boil away into space? Earth is a closed system.

But on a practical level, it doesn't "vanish". It goes into the sewers, through wastewater treatment plants which scour and clean it, and it is released into the environment, to find its way back into lakes and such, some evaporates and returns to the earth as rain, for example, beginning the repetition of the process.

Or if you're on a septic tank system, it goes into the tanks, and eventually seeps out though the earth which filters it, it ends up in streams and such, and the process repeats.

Comment

What, does the used water magically boil away into space? Earth is a closed system.
                    It's a what now?
                    Do my eyes deceive me, or did you just use the reasoning of climate change to defend your argument?

But on a practical level, it doesn't "vanish". It goes into the sewers, through wastewater treatment plants which scour and clean it, and it is released into the environment, to find its way back into lakes and such, some evaporates and returns to the earth as rain, for example, beginning the repetition of the process.

Or if you're on a septic tank system, it goes into the tanks, and eventually seeps out though the earth which filters it, it ends up in streams and such, and the process repeats.
                    Correct, what happens when one of those processes fails due to tampering with that closed system, or does the Earth have partisan decisions to make as well?
                    sigpic

Comment

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/poli...icle-1.2908180

Say what? Didn't she nearly destroy HP?

She's being nominated for the position of National Intelligence Director.......

But.

Isn't she the one that drove the merger between Compaq and HP and almost destroyed both and also cost 10s of 1000s of people their jobs and was forced out. Her time at Nortel was more smoke n mirrors than a Las Vegas magic act..

She was a failure as Romney's finance manager during his (or was it McCain's?) and the less said about her own presidential election campaigns the better.

Comment

Look at that face, could you imagine that face as President??
                        sigpic

Comment

Oh, and as SR pointed out, what you call "mob rule" is actually direct democracy.
                          Which is why we have a Representative republic, rather than a pure on direct democracy..

Or they could have grown a set and pushed ahead on real evidence.
                          I really wish they WOULD have.. Maybe we wouldn't have the monster known as obamacare..

And it looks like San Francisco wants to go to war with the federal govt. over their "sanctuary" status for illegals.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016...ense-push.html

Day 1, Trump ought to cease all federal aid of any sort sent to that city (and state, if the state backs them).
                          Let's see how popular that "sanctuary" idea is when it hits local taxpayers in the pocketbook.

And yes, the precedent for using federal funds as blackmail is already well established, as far back as the Fed's threat to withdraw highway funds from states that didn't adopt the 55 MPH speed limit back in the 70's.
                          Better yet, SEND IN THE BLOODY US marshals, and start arresting these plebs who are flat out not just obstructing justice, BUT ordering/allowing their underlings to IGNORE the bloody law..

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                          In other words the USA bullies to stay dominant. No one else can create high tech aircraft. It has to be the USA because reasons.
                          Wow, me and coco agree on something. I do think its somewhat bullying that the US in essence is telling its "Allies" you can buy from us only, don't you dare make your own"..

She's being nominated for the position of National Intelligence Director.......

But.

Isn't she the one that drove the merger between Compaq and HP and almost destroyed both and also cost 10s of 1000s of people their jobs and was forced out. Her time at Nortel was more smoke n mirrors than a Las Vegas magic act..

She was a failure as Romney's finance manager during his (or was it McCain's?) and the less said about her own presidential election campaigns the better.
                          I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes he is seriously even considering her.....

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                            Which is why we have a Representative republic, rather than a pure on direct democracy..
                            Actually, no you don't and you have argued that it is good that you do not have one.
                            What you have is a situation where votes are unequal, where 5 people in cornhole Nebraska are worth the same as 15 of them libuural scum, and you like it that way because without it, you would not win.

I really wish they WOULD have.. Maybe we wouldn't have the monster known as obamacare..

I can't wait till the 20 odd million people now covered by healthcare who voted for your orange messiah wake up and realise that the are now rooted fair up the arse. I hear Kentucky is the first state realising how much of a wartermelon they are about to have inserted in them.
                            Oh well, guess they should stop being precious little snowflakes..........
                            Better yet, SEND IN THE BLOODY US marshals, and start arresting these plebs who are flat out not just obstructing justice, BUT ordering/allowing their underlings to IGNORE the bloody law..
                            The Jackboots are strong in this one.............

Wow, me and coco agree on something. I do think its somewhat bullying that the US in essence is telling its "Allies" you can buy from us only, don't you dare make your own"..
                            Alternatively, as Womble quite clearly stated, a nation of 8 million does not have the infrastructure to support cutting edge military aircraft.
                            Would you defend your nation against "all comers" with less of a monetary base than Texas?, or would you look to your allies to assist you?
                            I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes he is seriously even considering her.....
                            sigpic

Comment

....No it isn't. Earth is part of a system that extends all the way to the Oort Cloud.. And even then it isn't closed, it just takes a really long time for objects outside the system to get to us...

It is possible to lose water to space.. Where do you think all the water that used to be on Mars went? Earth has stronger gravity and is able to hold on to the water. But if temperatures keep rising... *points at Venus*
                              Last edited by Pharaoh Hamenthotep; 14 December 2016, 01:20 AM.

Comment

She's being nominated for the position of National Intelligence Director.
                                The worst reality show in the history of reality shows continues.

Also, this bit:

""We talked about the opportunity that the President-elect has to literally reset things, to reset the trajectory of this economy, to reset the role of government, to reset America's role in the world and how we're perceived in the world.""

Reset America? Reset the role in the world?

Well, we won't be talking about America after Trump's done with it. We'll be discussing Russia and China as the worldpowers in charge. America will be but a blip on the very tiny radar. A mosquito squashed by Mother Russia.

Maybe we wouldn't have the monster known as obamacare.
                                Yeah, cause who needs healthcare anyway, right.

I can't wait till the 20 odd million people now covered by healthcare who voted for your orange messiah wake up and realise that the are now rooted fair up the arse.
                                Here's one example of a rude awakening:

This Trump voter didn't think Trump was serious about repealing her health insurance

"Debbie Mills is a 53-year-old furniture store owner in Bell County, an area of the state right on the Tennessee border. Earlier this year, doctors discovered that her husband has non-alcoholic cirrhosis. He now needs a transplant if he’s going to survive. Mills and her husband keep a bag packed, waiting for the doctors to call with news that a liver is available.

This all means that Mills really, really needs her health insurance. And she’s very grateful for the Affordable Care Act, because she couldn’t afford insurance before it was passed.
                                "

I saw that and couldn't believe my eyes he is seriously even considering her.
                                *snort*

Reminder:

Global water distribution
                                By now, you know that the water cycle describes the movement of Earth's water

...the world's total water supply of about 332.5 million cubic miles of water, over 96 percent is saline. And, of the total freshwater, over 68 percent is locked up in ice and glaciers. Another 30 percent of freshwater is in the ground. Fresh surface-water sources, such as rivers and lakes, only constitute about 22,300 cubic miles (93,100 cubic kilometers), which is about 1/150th of one percent of total water. Yet, rivers and lakes are the sources of most of the water people use everyday.

So, polluting those would screw you over big time.

See how everything is connected.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X