This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lordofseas View Post
    That's awesome. Should be fun seeing how they start tackling the over reaching influence of film and music companies when it comes to what we can (or in their case, can't) do with our property.

sigpic

Comment

2 MEPs in a 736 Members? I wouldn't expect much.
      To be fair, I don't expect much from any of those 736 members...
      My Stargate fan fiction @ FF.net | NEW: When Cassie Calls Teal'c.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade View Post
        That's awesome. Should be fun seeing how they start tackling the over reaching influence of film and music companies when it comes to what we can (or in their case, can't) do with our property.
        Indeed. If Germany continues to be this good, I'm moving there.

Originally posted by Goose View Post
        To be fair, I don't expect much from any of those 736 members...
        The EU is a failure. Complete and utterly.
        If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!
        Check out Pharaoh Hamenthotep's wicked 3D renders here!
        If you can prove me wrong, go for it. I enjoy being proven wrong.

sigpic
        Worship the Zefron. Always the Zefron.

Comment

The EU is a failure. Complete and utterly.
          It's not a complete failure, it's just in need of good (and very wide) restructuring. And it'd do good by kicking out a few member states that shall not be named...

Comment

Originally posted by Goose View Post
            It's not a complete failure, it's just in need of good (and very wide) restructuring. And it'd do good by kicking out a few member states that shall not be named...
            An extremely extensive restructuring.
            If you wish to see more of my rants, diatribes, and general comments, check out my Twitter account SirRyanR!

sigpic

Comment

An extremely extensive restructuring.
              I like the basic idea of the EU. Not so hot on the execution of said idea.

Comment

Those better have been some damn good muffins!

Comment

I'd be lookin' for the flecks of 24K gold in them muffins.....

Comment

All the people who complain about the 'spongers' on welfare when the real ones are the politicians. They shold be prosecuted for benefit fraud.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben 'Teal'c would WIN!!' Noble View Post

All the people who complain about the 'spongers' on welfare when the real ones are the politicians.
                      yeah but it's all about Patriotismâ„¢ see

Comment

Just until the reign of Elizabeth II ends. From what I gather, Australians are rather supportive of Elizabeth, but want to hold another referendum after her death.
                        Pretty much, there is alot of, well, "concerns" apparently over Prince Charles becoming King.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                          Pretty much, there is alot of, well, "concerns" apparently over Prince Charles becoming King.
                          I really hope he abdicates in favour of William.

sigpic

Comment

I really hope he abdicates in favour of William.
                            IF that were to happen, there may not be referendum at all. Personally, I think it is time we "cut the strings" to England, yet there are many advantages as well to be had by remaining within the commonwealth. It's an interesting question to be sure.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

IF that were to happen, there may not be referendum at all. Personally, I think it is time we "cut the strings" to England, yet there are many advantages as well to be had by remaining within the commonwealth. It's an interesting question to be sure.
                              You don't have to acknowledge the Queen as your head of state to be in the Commonwealth, though. The US could join, if they wanted (rather unlikely). Having the Queen as your head of state only makes your country a Commonwealth Realm.

sigpic

Comment

It will, it has to. The Monarch needs to be apolitical, at least in public, and Charles is anything but. Personally I'm for keeping the monarchy in the UK at least, I think we get more from it than lose, but I do think the monarch should step down as head of the Church of England. The country is secular in spirit, and a head of state also being head of a church just doesn't seem right.

Comment

Working...
                                X