X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    I just wanna see the mericans lose their rights - all their rights
    Ha, that'll teach them a lesson on why minorities fight so hard to gain the same rights. They'll all be in the same boat.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    It's called having your blinders on, an old trick used on warhorses in battle so they did not freak out.
    And I learned something.

Trumps cabinet is filling with hardcore republicans FH. Mainline, hard right Christian republicans and Big business doners. Oh, and warhawks.
    Cause VP-Elect is whispering in his ears. For the most part anyway.
    The list is indeed horrifying at best.

Of course it will be, I would not take that bet.
    Second that.

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
    How much will it cost the tax payer to retrofit Trump Tower?
    He sure ain't paying for it -- considering he doesn't pay taxes, and neither are his billionaire friends. So hey, it'll be the middle class paying for it then. Oh, the irony!

You have already accepted the death of the first amendment, how long do you think it will take for the rest to follow?
    First you normalize, and the rest will follow without question.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
    First off, the SCOTUS making a ruling on something is NOT making it 'part of the constitution'. AND just cause its been upheld before, doesn't mean that if its challenged again, it can't be OVERRULED...
    Challenged with a relevant case -- in which case there can be an overruling, but it's damn hard to do.

Being the average time it takes a cop to get to a home invasion is around 6 minutes, do you Honestly feel that people will be willing to give up THEIR RIGHT to defend themselves, just to hope a cops close enough??
    So, does that also mean you want to learn the trade of a paramedic/medic cause I read an article earlier that emergency crews in the UK, in this case, rarely make it to the emergency in the 8-minute window.

So, it stands to reason that everybody needs to know first aid and how to treat every injury and ailment so that we can also be heroes in that regard.

And who's paying for all these extra cops? Where are you getting them from?
    Trump sure isn't -- not paying his taxes and all.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Trumps cabinet is filling with hardcore republicans FH. Mainline, hard right Christian republicans and Big business doners. Oh, and warhawks.

And yet they had the nerve to call Hillary a warhawk...... Irony much?
      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Politics 101

Starve them just enough that they have to work constantly, but make sure they have the ability to live in relative comfort at the same time. Dangle the hope of a better life in front of them like a carrot and keep them hopeful..

Keeps everyone working and distracted, the comfort discourages outright rebellion, and the carrot will allow you to push through legislation that benefits the upper classes with the support of some who stand to lose from it (since they falsely believe they may achieve a higher status).

Divide the electorate with various side issues, job done.

Comment

Politics 101

Starve them just enough that they have to work constantly, but make sure they have the ability to live in relative comfort at the same time. Dangle the hope of a better life in front of them like a carrot and keep them hopeful..

Keeps everyone working and distracted, the comfort discourages outright rebellion, and the carrot will allow you to push through legislation that benefits the upper classes with the support of some who stand to lose from it (since they falsely believe they may achieve a higher status).

Divide the electorate with various side issues, job done.
          Mic. Drop!

Comment

You have already accepted the death of the first amendment, how long do you think it will take for the rest to follow?
            How have I done that? Anybody has the freedom to speak their mind. I support that. It is enshrined in our Constitution just as much as the right to bear arms is.

They do NOT have the right to riot, trespass, use violence, steal, or to destroy property that isn't theirs. Nor do they have the right to block or disrupt traffic, or other people's lives.

There is also no guarantee that anybody will listen or give a damn.
            Last edited by Annoyed; 30 November 2016, 03:28 AM. Reason: typo.

Comment

Just as a quick aside, I'm not so sure Romney is a good choice for S.o.S.
              He showed his colors during the primaries, and I get the feeling he's making nice just to keep his foot in the door of national politics.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                Just as a quick aside, I'm not so sure Romney is a good choice for S.o.S.
                He showed his colors during the primaries, and I get the feeling he's making nice just to keep his foot in the door of national politics.

Why what's bad about him?

Comment

Romney is licking butt like never before.
                  Kneeling for his new master like a beaten puppy, playing the political game like a pro.

Clog that swamp!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                    Kneeling for his new master like a beaten puppy, playing the political game like a pro.

Clog that swamp!

They're not draining that swamp they are just filling it with fresh water

Comment

Why what's bad about him?
                      Go back through the primaries. He was doing a pretty good impression of an attack dog back then. Trump should have no expectation of loyalty from him

Comment

Trump should have no expectation of loyalty from him
                        Trump isn't about loyality -- he needs to feel like the victor in every way possible, and that means everyone who was against him, has to now be for him by any means necessary, or do you really think that one dinner has Romney licking his heels. If only you could be a fly on that wall and see the political chess game in action.

The Hunger Games have only just begun.

Comment

And who's paying for all these extra cops? Where are you getting them from?
                          taxes of course - conservatives don't mind paying ****loads of taxes for that

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                          when you play the game you win or you die

Comment

And yet they had the nerve to call Hillary a warhawk...... Irony much?
                            She -is- a warhawk, there is no point in arguing that fact.
                            sigpic
                            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

How have I done that? Anybody has the freedom to speak their mind. I support that. It is enshrined in our Constitution just as much as the right to bear arms is.

They do NOT have the right to riot, trespass, use violence, steal, or to destroy property that isn't theirs. Nor do they have the right to block or disrupt traffic, or other people's lives.

There is also no guarantee that anybody will listen or give a damn.
                              You misunderstand me.
                              Allow me to elucidate while asking for recounts, burning the flag, engaging in peaceful protest, making lists of "undesirables" based on their religion and demanding mine is protected not just in houses of worship but as valid educational tools in schools and threatening the free press with the expansion of libel laws.............
                              All of things are either protected or prohibited by the first Amendment, and all have been threatened by Trump. While you are busy looking at the people who -are- actually breaking the law, all these things are going on as well. You may not agree with them personally, that however does not mean they are not happening.
                              sigpic

Comment

They're not draining that swamp they are just filling it with fresh water
                                Fresh water my arse, all the Bondi brown trouts are flopping about for all to see
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X