X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    Don't know, they should.
    That's one thing i have never understood in politics. Why they do referendums if they won't HONOR the wishes of the people.?

Comment

If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
        That's one thing i have never understood in politics. Why they do referendums if they won't HONOR the wishes of the people.?
        Well, Coco seems a little more cynical on the issue...... but...........
        The LNP is our conservative party, so they want to be seen as being active, but if it passes under their auspices, it will alienate the conservative bloc of the LNP, and possibly drive them into even more conservative camps. By making it non binding, they get the good without having to deal with the bad.
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Where do these cartoons keep coming from?

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
          Turnbull wants a non binding plebiscite on the issue to see what people think and that his government then won't have to act on it.

Labor want all or nothing. I think that's the better option.
          And this way Turnbull has millions he can use for other things.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Just look at Hungary. They had a referendum on the acceptance of refugees. The turn-out was too low to be lawful, so in the end it was rather pointless.

In other news, Trump is shifting gears in his campaign. He will now continue to throw mud at Clinton, hoping to turn her voters away from her. A bit sad, he doesn't think he can win any other way. Does he even know the job he's applying for?

Does the US really want this man to represent them on the global stage?
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post

Some do I think......

And look the video game industry is even in on the act.

There's at least two games based on Trump in the steam store. Here's one of them.

"Mr President"

http://store.steampowered.com/app/507010/

In this one he's called Ronald Rump
            Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Well, Coco seems a little more cynical on the issue...... but...........
              The LNP is our conservative party, so they want to be seen as being active, but if it passes under their auspices, it will alienate the conservative bloc of the LNP, and possibly drive them into even more conservative camps. By making it non binding, they get the good without having to deal with the bad.

Who cares if a faction of the party is alienated. Let them split and form their own party.

Why can't they just vote on this and if the people want it make it happen?
              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

I'm still waiting to see how the clown subplot ties into the main Trump storyline..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                  I'm still waiting to see how the clown subplot ties into the main Trump storyline..
                  It's a conspiricy? He'll outlaw all clowns.

Comment

That would be disappointing. And predictable. He wants to outlaw everything.

Comment

Where do these cartoons keep coming from?

And this way Turnbull has millions he can use for other things.

Just look at Hungary. They had a referendum on the acceptance of refugees. The turn-out was too low to be lawful, so in the end it was rather pointless.

In other news, Trump is shifting gears in his campaign. He will now continue to throw mud at Clinton, hoping to turn her voters away from her. A bit sad, he doesn't think he can win any other way. Does he even know the job he's applying for?

You still don't get it. Hillary and the rest of the Washington establishment is just more of the same old same old, which isn't working for a lot of US citizens. That's Trump's strongest draw, he's not part of the establishment, and the fact that so much of the establishment wants to stop him is a plus, not a minus.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                        You still don't get it. Hillary and the rest of the Washington establishment is just more of the same old same old, which isn't working for a lot of US citizens. That's Trump's strongest draw, he's not part of the establishment, and the fact that so much of the establishment wants to stop him is a plus, not a minus.
                        But he's planning to raise taxes for working and middle class people (your taxes) while giving the top 1% huge tax cuts..

He wants to repeal marriage equality, and supports conversion therapy.

The Wall. No more affordable healthcare. etc...

He might be something new, and he might want to take your country in a different direction.. But are you really sure it's where you want to go?

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I don't get how any sane person can see him as representing a country like the USA. You really find him, the whole of him fit to represent your country?

Hillary is flawed, sure, but if the US wants to mean something in the next 4 year, your trust in Trump is highly misplaced. I suggest you watch his debates and tell me how in the world he'll ever manage to get people to work together? Fact check what he says -- and give try to look without bias at all 4 candidates. Cause I have a feeling your letting your fear of the governement lead you (much like the rest of your peers do).

Comment

Look at what he posts on twitter. That is pure, unfiltered Trump.

The man is seriously.. unhinged.. one too many screws loose.. a sandwich, all the plates, and wicker short of a picnic basket..

*shakes cane at PG rules*

Comment

Back in the 9th century, when a bunch of Finnish and Slav city-states couldn't establish order amongst themselves, they invited Rurik, a Varangian (Viking) prince to govern them, and the Rurik dynasty became the founders and first royal dynasty of Russia.

I'm thinking the USA should do the same - send a delegation north and find a Canadian willing to govern them.
                              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I don't get how any sane person can see him as representing a country like the USA. You really find him, the whole of him fit to represent your country?

Hillary is flawed, sure, but if the US wants to mean something in the next 4 year, your trust in Trump is highly misplaced. I suggest you watch his debates and tell me how in the world he'll ever manage to get people to work together? Fact check what he says -- and give try to look without bias at all 4 candidates. Cause I have a feeling your letting your fear of the governement lead you (much like the rest of your peers do).
                                Only two candidates have a chance at winning. Trump & Hillary. Trump wins simply because he's not Hillary or the est.

Yes, he may do a course correction; might not be exactly what I like. But it's almost gotta be better than the status quo.

Comment

Working...
                                X