This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    Actually, the most important selling point for him to me is the free trade issue. It has been a disaster for lower-middle class folks.
    Then I urge you to read the debate -- I will even show you the passage on free trade and not-free trade. And compare his babbling to Clinton's babbling. They touched on the subject.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post

Fixing immigration is important too, but I've said before that it doesn't even need to be a real physical wall. Throw all the illegals out on their arses and secure the borders so they can't sneak back in. A real wall is not needed, but a "virtual wall" is; patrol the borders to keep anyone from sneaking in.
      You have a poor understanding of how someone can become "illegal".

It's not all about pole-vaulting over the border. Just not going home once your visa has run out is enough. No amount of fortification along your borders will fix that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
        It's not all about pole-vaulting over the border.
        Has funny visual.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Holy ship.. That was not just wrong, but i hope the perp(s) when caught get slammed in jail lickidy split (and i will also say i stand corrected GF, but when i binged, i didn't find any stores right off the bat)...

That website wants me to do some polls/surveys to even read it... Sorry, but i hate those places..

Funny as heck, but it did prove me wrong...
          it's also entirely possible that the "perps" were left wingers who did all that as double agents intending to frame conservatives.....just like all those mass shooters we've been reading about usually turn out to be left-wing Democrat voters

Comment

You have a poor understanding of how someone can become "illegal".

It's not all about pole-vaulting over the border. Just not going home once your visa has run out is enough. No amount of fortification along your borders will fix that.
            I think that's why he said to throw out all the illegals (which would presumably include all those who are here illegally by overstaying their visas) and THEN secure the border

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Has funny visual.
              The Cross-Border Ski Jump takes too long to set up..

Comment

The Cross-Border Ski Jump takes too long to set up..
                Also requires snow or lots of water...

Comment

Originally posted by mad_gater View Post
                  it's also entirely possible that the "perps" were left wingers who did all that as double agents intending to frame conservatives.....just like all those mass shooters we've been reading about usually turn out to be left-wing Democrat voters
                  Where does the Houston shooter fit in?

Comment

That's it! Encourage the crazy conspiracy nuts! Think of the millions we could make selling tinfoil hats!

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      I am not sure of where i saw the list, but i did see a list (iirc 3-4 years back) where someone did post a list of areas "Federally" and then a 2nd for his home state of places that were off limits by law to be used for holding protests. I do believe the white house was on it, but not the congressional building or the supreme court.
                      yet it's the ideal place to protest against the president. no risk of impeding traffic. so why ban it?

See above. And as to why, imo its safety in the white house's case.
                      a yes the same old: Security (when no real justification can be found). see how easily your 1st amendment can be circumvented

If someone was medically in need, and say that 5 minutes detour/hold up the medics had getting to him or her, made the difference in them being alive, i would certainly call that person a true victim.. How's about you?
                      actually that's the sort of victim I was talking about

Comment

it's also entirely possible that the "perps" were left wingers who did all that as double agents intending to frame conservatives.....
                        and that Bush colluded with Alqaeda for the 9/11 attacks

Comment

you'll note the keyword USUALLY in the above post

Comment

I think that's why he said to throw out all the illegals (which would presumably include all those who are here illegally by overstaying their visas) and THEN secure the border
                            Except that illegals aren't illegal when they enter the country. They just walk in on a visa and overstay it. Building walls or watch posts or whatever is just a really dumb non-solution to your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                              Yes, differing views may be valid to hold, that is the nature of a democracy, However we should always be mindful of what information we use to create those views. Fact check that information, whatever it is.
                              Republicant candidate Trumpalicious started out with a lie by saying Ford was moving to Mexico.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                Except that illegals aren't illegal when they enter the country. They just walk in on a visa and overstay it. Building walls or watch posts or whatever is just a really dumb non-solution to your problem.
                                if your visa is expired then you go home...no ifs, ands, or buts....overstaying a visa is no excuse...sure you (generic, not personal) had a valid visa when you entered, but it's no longer valid, and refusal to go home after the visa is no longer valid constitutes a crime...therefore the person is now staying in the country illegally and should be deported

Comment

Working...
                                X