Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In Belgium, political parties may receive gifts and donations from business companies or people, but it's usually avoided as much as possible.

But there's never been a big uproar about it.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      Hey is political donations from corporates a hot topic in other countries?

Seems to have raised a few headlines over here with the huge hypocrissy that it's OK for the sitting govt. or its members to take donations but not ok if you are in the opposition party. So much FUD every time this topic comes up.
      Well, of course it's ok for the party/group in power. They make the rules, after all.
      Yes, I know, that sounds like a smart-@$$ answer, but in a very real, practical sense, it's the way things are.

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Well, of course it's ok for the party/group in power. They make the rules, after all.
        Yes, I know, that sounds like a smart-@$$ answer, but in a very real, practical sense, it's the way things are.

It is a real shame that things have to be this way....
        Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          This is the -danger- of that way of thinking.
          "Go to the Country, clean air, no pollution, how can people think we are affecting the whole environment when just 50km from the city everything is fine"
          It's dangerous, lazy thinking. I think of climate change more like cancer. There are hotspots where the mutation (pollution) is obvious, and others where everything is fine -until- that cancer goes into overdrive and rapidly spreads and destroys everything. We had a 15 year "lull" in climate change, great, awesome. Did we do anything differently before then? Well, we converted to unleaded petrol and we ditched CFC's in refridgeration, but surely that would have no effect as we can't affect global climate............
          You've misunderstood what I said or perhaps I could have put it better, i.e. I used to be in the climate change myth camp but not anymore since going camping has highlighted to me that man is having a huge impact on air quality in built up areas and as you say, it's only a matter of time before the entire ecosystem collapses under the strain of these 'pockets'.

I'm most certainly not saying "the air is great in the Country so there isn't a problem".

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            No greenery? Have you seen how many parks are in downtown london??
            You have Hide park, Green park, Kensington park, Holland park, St james park, Buckingham palace park..
            LOL pull up Google and look at a Satellite image that encompasses all those parks, then compare that to the non-green areas, you sure those tiny pockets are enough to sustain all the concrete jungles surrounding them?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
              Biologically speaking I classify as female.

As far as gender identity goes -- fluctuating between male and female, and leaning towards male.

So you are a hermaphroditic eunuch..

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
              Hey is political donations from corporates a hot topic in other countries?

Seems to have raised a few headlines over here with the huge hypocrissy that it's OK for the sitting govt. or its members to take donations but not ok if you are in the opposition party. So much FUD every time this topic comes up.
              To me it is, especially when one of hte candidates makes waves about how bad 'corporate America is'. BUT is the one doing (or seeming to) the most taking from said corporate America..

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
              LOL pull up Google and look at a Satellite image that encompasses all those parks, then compare that to the non-green areas, you sure those tiny pockets are enough to sustain all the concrete jungles surrounding them?
              Being that the whole Kensington/green/hyde park grouping allows one to run a 10k, i would say its close to it..

Comment

So you are a hermaphroditic eunuch..
                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

To me it is, especially when one of hte candidates makes waves about how bad 'corporate America is'. BUT is the one doing (or seeming to) the most taking from said corporate America..
                  Now, now, mustn't forget the 1st law of liberals. "Do as I say, not as I do, I'm better than you and deserve it"

Comment

Now, now, mustn't forget the 1st law of liberals. "Do as I say, not as I do, I'm better than you and deserve it"
                    Except, Coco bought up the topic in relation to Australia, and ATM the party in power is more akin to the Republican party.
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Except, Coco bought up the topic in relation to Australia, and ATM the party in power is more akin to the Republican party.

It must be Obama's fault though.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Huh? Clinton is running in the down under too?
                        I was responding to garhkal's comment about Hillary.

Comment

Huh? Clinton is running in the down under too?
                          I was responding to garhkal's comment about Hillary.
                          Who was G-man responding to?
                          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
                            You've misunderstood what I said or perhaps I could have put it better, i.e. I used to be in the climate change myth camp but not anymore since going camping has highlighted to me that man is having a huge impact on air quality in built up areas and as you say, it's only a matter of time before the entire ecosystem collapses under the strain of these 'pockets'.

I'm most certainly not saying "the air is great in the Country so there isn't a problem".
                            Nonono, I did not mean -you- personally Ian-S, I was just pointing out that -that- kind of thinking leads to crap like people holding snowballs in congress and saying "look, it's not real".
                            A misunderstanding is all.
                            sigpic

Comment

Nonono, I did not mean -you- personally Ian-S, I was just pointing out that -that- kind of thinking leads to crap like people holding snowballs in congress and saying "look, it's not real".
                              A misunderstanding is all.

That too, is Obama's fault.
                              By Nolamom
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post

That too, is Obama's fault.
                                Damn him, Damn him to HELL!!
                                *shakes fist at an uncaring sky*
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X