Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally, I don't think Trump has really changed his stance on illegals at all. He's just flying false colors in an attempt to woo voters. Myself, I don't think much of the strategy, because he's still not going to get the pro-illegal vote.

Comment

Did you watch the first video cause it's hilarious.

Interviewee: "Personally I would shoot them."
      Interviewer: *shocked* "Well, that's a bit extreme."
      Interviewee: "They're invading our country."

Err what now? ...

I also have a sneakin' suspicion she's never actually seen the Great Wall of China.
      And that one's visible from space.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
      Neither of these two are mental giants, but they make the point well enough.
      Their great hero backtracking already and he hasn't been elected yet.
      Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
        Personally, I don't think Trump has really changed his stance on illegals at all. He's just flying false colors in an attempt to woo voters. Myself, I don't think much of the strategy, because he's still not going to get the pro-illegal vote.
        Flying false colours?
        You mean LYING?
        sigpic
        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Lets have a closer look..............
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nU7ANayDy00
          sigpic

Comment

SNORT!!

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37198163
            http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...n-coulter.html

Neither of these two are mental giants, but they make the point well enough.
            Trump is like the weather in Melbourne. If you don't like it, wait an hour and it'll change.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

So because I have some Brits in my Facebook feed, I happen to follow the British news. The British Labor party is currently dealing with a spectacular #BDSfail that they've set themselves up for.

Security company called G4S has been providing security for the British Labor party events for upwards of a decade. G4S also provided security screening equipment for Israel - equipment that was used in the Ofek prison and at the West Bank checkpoints. Which made them targets for the BDS campaign and harassment by anti-Israel Labor activists.

Anyway, the brand new Corbyn-enabled Labor voted to boycott G4S over its Israel ties last year, even though G4S pulled out of the Israel contract. As with most things BDS, hilarity promptly ensued. Labor is supposed to hold its annual flagship conference in Liverpool and they need to find a contractor to provide security. The only other company that wanted the contract, Showsec, does not recognize trade unions, and the trade union representatives in the Labor threatened to protest, picket and boycott them. Ouch.

So, hat in hand, Labor went back to G4s - only to be told that G4s is now boycotting THEM and would not provide security even if the boycott was dropped. Working with Labor has become too dangerous, you see. G4s staff have been harassed, spit on and assaulted during their previous work with Labor, and the company decided that they would not risk the safety of their staff. Which put Labor at the crossroads- either they request police assistance to secure the conference - at an outrageous expense compared to the cost of private contractors - or they cancel the conference altogether.

At the very last minute, Labor found a third choice- sell out their principles for a contract - on unfavorable terms because captive market - with a company called OCS Group. OCS originally had no interest in the contract because they've come under fire from the Labor-controlled trade unions due to use of zero-hour contracts (the kind of contracts when the employer does not guarantee his employees any minimum working hours, while the workers are not under obligation to accept any work offered). Labor wants to outlaw zero-hour contracts and Corbyn's made a big deal about it.

It's going to be quite awkward for Labor to talk about workers' rights and the need to outlaw zero-hour contracts while sitting in a hall secured by the OCS.
              If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                Trump is like the weather in Melbourne. If you don't like it, wait an hour and it'll change.
                SNORT!!!
                That is greenworthy, but I cannot green you.
                Spent time in our second city have you Womble?
                sigpic

Comment

SNORT!!!
                  That is greenworthy, but I cannot green you.
                  Spent time in our second city have you Womble?
                  Yep. I've been to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in February some 6 years ago.

Brisbane was like Bernie Sanders. Unchangeable scorching heat that wears you out over a very short time and soon all you want is to stay indoors where you cannot feel it.

Sydney was Clinton-like. You can live with its weather fine, just need to watch yourself. Sunburn sneaks up on you just when you thought you were good.

Melbourne was the place where I had to carry sunscreen, a coat and an umbrella going out, and alternate between them every couple of hours during the day.

Comment

Flying false colours?
                    You mean LYING?
                    Exactly. And I think it's a strategy mistake.

Any of his supporters with a few brain cells to rub together will see this for what it is, and accept it as a ploy to get elected. But some of them will assume he's being straight, and since solving the immigration problem is one of his strong points with his supporters, it might cost him some of that support.
                    And since it is so transparent, it's not going to gain him the support of too many pro-illegal folks. So I see it as a net loss for him.

If you ask me, it would be better if he stands behind what he believes and let the voters make their choice. After all, he unexpectedly drew record levels of support during the primaries, so there is a sizable percentage of voters who liked his original stance(s).
                    Last edited by Annoyed; 27 August 2016, 03:53 AM.

Comment

Exactly.
                      *rubs eyes*

Am i dreaming?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        *rubs eyes*

Am i dreaming?
                        I am under no delusion that Trump is perfect. Not by a long shot. But he is the only one advocating changes that I think are essential to solving this country's economic issues for the lower and lower-middle classes, who have been taking it on the chin for decades. Others call it "income inequality" or various other high sounding terms, but it's no secret that under Free Trade, the middle class is getting killed. The rich keep getting richer, because they benefit greatly from Free Trade, and the lowest levels don't participate in the economy, the government takes care of them. The lower middle classes, who work to support themselves are the ones on the short end of the stick. In addition to jobs outsourced, the middle class is seeing wages pressed downward by less then legal workers who will work far cheaper than citizens, and immigrants legally brought in so companies such as Microsoft and Disney can cut wages.

So I'm willing to accept Trump's flaws if in fact he can get elected and change these trade deals and slam the door on illegal immigration and establish legal immigration levels that are geared towards benefiting US workers, rather than those of other nations.

I just wish to hell he would learn to stop putting his foot in his mouth so he can actually get elected.

Comment

Exactly. And I think it's a strategy mistake.

Any of his supporters with a few brain cells to rub together will see this for what it is, and accept it as a ploy to get elected. But some of them will assume he's being straight, and since solving the immigration problem is one of his strong points with his supporters, it might cost him some of that support.
                          And since it is so transparent, it's not going to gain him the support of too many pro-illegal folks. So I see it as a net loss for him.

If you ask me, it would be better if he stands behind what he believes and let the voters make their choice. After all, he unexpectedly drew record levels of support during the primaries, so there is a sizable percentage of voters who liked his original stance(s).
                          None of what you just wrote rings any alarm bells for you?
                          sigpic

Comment

I am under no delusion that Trump is perfect. Not by a long shot. But he is the only one advocating changes that I think are essential to solving this country's economic issues for the lower and lower-middle classes, who have been taking it on the chin for decades. Others call it "income inequality" or various other high sounding terms, but it's no secret that under Free Trade, the middle class is getting killed. The rich keep getting richer, because they benefit greatly from Free Trade, and the lowest levels don't participate in the economy, the government takes care of them. The lower middle classes, who work to support themselves are the ones on the short end of the stick. In addition to jobs outsourced, the middle class is seeing wages pressed downward by less then legal workers who will work far cheaper than citizens, and immigrants legally brought in so companies such as Microsoft and Disney can cut wages.

So I'm willing to accept Trump's flaws if in fact he can get elected and change these trade deals and slam the door on illegal immigration and establish legal immigration levels that are geared towards benefiting US workers, rather than those of other nations.

I just wish to hell he would learn to stop putting his foot in his mouth so he can actually get elected.
                            You -do- realise that Trump has done -every damn thing- you are railing against, right?
                            you -do- realise that doing these things is what made him rich, right?
                            Why would a man, with his personality -change- anything at 70 when he has spent his entire life abusing the system.
                            Why would he fix it?
                            Last edited by Gatefan1976; 27 August 2016, 04:37 AM.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              Yep. I've been to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney in February some 6 years ago.

Brisbane was like Bernie Sanders. Unchangeable scorching heat that wears you out over a very short time and soon all you want is to stay indoors where you cannot feel it.
                              But it's a dry heat man!!
                              (If you get out here again, go to Cairns rather than Brisbane, much better)
                              Sydney was Clinton-like. You can live with its weather fine, just need to watch yourself. Sunburn sneaks up on you just when you thought you were good.
                              Why do you think we stay in the pubs
                              Melbourne was the place where I had to carry sunscreen, a coat and an umbrella going out, and alternate between them every couple of hours during the day.
                              Yeah, that's why Melbourne nightlife is the only thing worth going for
                              sigpic

Comment

Bring out your Doorknobs..............
                                http://www.news.com.au/finance/work/...1997318027ec90

Why, I believe that everyone who has a problem works, or worked for FOX and were their trusted voices........
                                FOX news, Fairly Unbalanced.
                                (of course, they have sold out now...........)
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X