All politicians will meet with their major donors
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      Stay away from my tomatoes PH.

The Clinton foundation doesn't surprise me
      All politicians will meet with their major donors
      After having pledged to not meet with them?
      If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

So many ... I can't stop laughing.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
          To put the pedantic wordplay aside for a moment, no one -really- wants to give Iran money given that they support terrorism as the west would define it, but the money -was- part of a diplomatic deal. Now, we could argue that it was a "bad deal", I could even be persuaded that it was a terrible deal, but the harsh reality of the world is without a deal of some description Iran may (and yes, I recognize that it is only a may) well have already had nuclear capability. IF Iran now violates that diplomatic deal, the US has ALL the moral high cards to call on not only their own, but worldwide condemnation of Iran.
          Since when has their prior violations of international law and 'condemnation from the international community' done diddly squat to Iran in preventing their DOING IT time and time again afterwards.. It has not.

So, anyone else laughing about Trumps errrr........... "pivot" (which he is absolutely not doing according to his surrogates) on Immigration?
          If he sticks with this new course, i see him losing some of his core base..

Possibly not.
          The 5th fleet parked off the coast might though..............
          Which ain't gonna do **** unless the powers that be (Obama and co) actually give them the green light to DO SOMETHING about it..

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
          If you only realize that now, you're quite naive.
          And yet you and gatefan seem to think even WITH all her proof of corruption etc, she is STILL miles better than trump to lead..
          That shows you are not only equally naive, but worse...

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
            And yet you and gatefan seem to think even WITH all her proof of corruption etc, she is STILL miles better than trump to lead..
            LOL!! You're even more naive cause you're the one who thinks Trump is more honest.

Money makes the world go round, dude. Everybody knows that.

Comment

Not if his core base has the brains God promised a doorknob it won't.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                This is what is known in politics as a "U-Turn" Or to use its technical term, a "flippety-flop"

Trump (I know the story isn't about him for once) is a master of the flippety-flop, he changes his mind on every issue on an almost hourly basis.. I think he has been taking lessons from David Cameron..

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                  So many ... I can't stop laughing.
                  Snopes has many fact checking articles about politics.. So many crazy stories.. Like Trump donating play-doh to flood victims..

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                    Wasn't that money part of the peace agreement? That's a reach at best.
                    Iran has billions and billions of dollars in assets, frozen by the US as part of the sanctions. When the sanctions were changed, a good part of that money was unfrozen.

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
                    This is what is known in politics as a "U-Turn" Or to use its technical term, a "flippety-flop"

Trump (I know the story isn't about him for once) is a master of the flippety-flop, he changes his mind on every issue on an almost hourly basis.. I think he has been taking lessons from David Cameron..
                    He's just being "flexible" again, because only others lie.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

He's just being "flexible" again, because only others lie.
                      Flippity-flopping

It's more fun. And more fitting of the ridiculousness that is the Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                        There is more to it than that, but I would agree that she did break her pledge, if not in the letter of it, but the spirit of it.
                        sigpic
                        ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                        A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                        The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                          I ummm, Can't stop LAUGHING!!!
                          sigpic

Comment

Since when has their prior violations of international law and 'condemnation from the international community' done diddly squat to Iran in preventing their DOING IT time and time again afterwards.. It has not.
                            When has it stopped the US?
                            You are missing the point here G-man. This would not be a "stand alone" violation, it would be the direct violation of a diplomatic treaty.

No, he won't. His surrogates are doing a better job than he is in "explaining his position", on fox and CNN and denying it is a pivot at all.

Which ain't gonna do **** unless the powers that be (Obama and co) actually give them the green light to DO SOMETHING about it..
                            Of course, the military should not be performing unilateral actions, should it?

Who has denied she is a corrupt politician?
                            Who has defended her when she has done the wrong thing?
                            FH and I have never denied she lies, what we have taken pains to show you is that Trump lies MORE, on a more consistent basis. You guys defend him -blindly-. Like I said before, Hillary will -at worst- be no better or worse than Obama, Trump will be definitely worse. He is an unstable, preening narcissist who cares about noting or no one but his own advancement. Remember him crying that the system was rigged, but when he one "he doesn't care anymore cause I won"? That alone should tell you how much he cares about issues.
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                              A doorknob has brains?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                                Wow what did I miss? What is this "pivot" you speak of?
                                Nevermind, he has changed tack again, his base acted lie the doorknobs that they are supposedly not.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X