X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
    This aspect is more often seen in the public schools, K-12
    Competition, and rewarding those who do well is being phased out. No more "ABCDEF" grading, simple Pass/Fail, and there are some places that don't even want to reward effort that much. "It might hurt the self esteem of those who fail" is the usual bilgewater given as the reason.
    Some schools are eliminating the Valedictorian honor given to those who excel at school. And many other types of acknowledgement of superior performance in the classroom. As well as the physical competition in Gym class and such.
    Over time, this is going to develop students who have never had to compete for anything, and once out in the business world, they won't be able to compete there, either.

Seems to me to be a nice little setup for creating citizens that are dependent upon govt. handouts for their existence.
    I wish I could say that your are totally insane and blathering about total nonsense, but alas there is more than just a grain of truth in what you said.

I partly blame the federal government. It never should have involved itself in education like that.

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    Sounds like a great religion to follow.

So, I hear Trump asked Russia to find Hillary's mails on national television and now the hashtag TrumpTreason is trending.

If he was trying to be funny, I think it backfired.

Hopefully he was trying to be funny. Isn't half the problem with her emails that there is potentially classified information in them? Having the Russians find that information, we might as well share with them all the specs on the Zumwalt Class destroyers and tips for how to build cheaper more effective versions.

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
    SIgh, I'm not an atheist Jello.

*hides the bones and the cyanide*
    So that's a no to all the demonic tomfoolery?
    By Nolamom
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
      So that's a no to all the demonic tomfoolery?
      Given that there are no "demons" in my belief system............
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Given that there are no "demons" in my belief system............
        Frost giants?
        By Nolamom
        sigpic

Comment

Frost giants?
          Oh, plenty of them
          sigpic

Comment

Ah, that sort of competition -- got it.
            Glad to eliminate the confusion...

It is libertarian though. You're confusing free migration with zero security.
            IF everyone can come or go though which last i checked was what 'free migration' was all about, how CAN you stay secure though?>>

Where did you get these numbers from? I mean your 20-30 ratio. It's easy to just claim "you lie" it's also a cop out. I don't buy into it. As far as government figures. So every presidential election, entire government agencies swap political ideologies? That's insane.
            It was a guestimate based on the news stories we have seen about this many being shipped here, carted off there etc..

Easy for you to say. You're not the one that would get profiled and deported despite your citizenship.
            And since you sound not like a US citizen, its easy for YOU to say, just give them amnesty, let them in.. don't deport them all..

Some schools are eliminating the Valedictorian honor given to those who excel at school. And many other types of acknowledgement of superior performance in the classroom. As well as the physical competition in Gym class and such.
            Over time, this is going to develop students who have never had to compete for anything, and once out in the business world, they won't be able to compete there, either.
            I completely forgot about that angle when answering FH.. Thanks for reminding me..

I don't get that crazy ABCDEF-grading system. Our system goes with points, generally 0 to 10. Zero being the absolute fail-point, 10 being the highest mark. 5 being in the middle, anything over is a pass, anything under is a fail. And for my mother sadly anything under a 9 was a fail... low self-esteem, is that you?
            What you describe is effectively the same. A+ being 10, A = 9, A-or B+ =8, B straight =7 and so on down the line..

So, I hear Trump asked Russia to find Hillary's mails on national television and now the hashtag TrumpTreason is trending.

From listening to it, trum seemed to me to say "If you guys already have it, it would be nice to get it.."..
            NOT "Go ahead and do more hacking to GET that info"..

How are you going to deport them?
            How much will it cost?
            Is it worth it?
            Think about it, not just from a "they came here illegally" perspective, but how much it will cost to do it, and what they actually -add- to your economy.
            If it costs me say 300 a person to deport someone, vice say 50 a year to just let them stay here, then its only going to 'save me' if they stay here less than 6 years... However, if they stay here 20+ years, have kids here, that also stay here 20+ years, then it IS more cost effective to deport them...

There are plenty of Conservative Universities dude.
            Not from what i see..

You need to differentiate between what is dodgy, and what is illegal.
            WEll lets see. If i take home classified data from MY Work place (The military), i am breaking the law. So how is it ok for her to do the same thing, and keep it in an UNSECURED area??

The DNC is not the people G-man.
            No, but they are supposed to be REPRESENTING the people.. Not just themselves.

Comment

Regardless of what Trump said it for-- It didn't backfire. The media pulled a fast one on the public, hoping they'll only listen to their quoted portion and nothing more, and get furiously angry over that and scream "Treason!!"

Here's what really happened -- as noted further below.. and I looked at pages and pages of website news articles, until I finally found what I heard fully quoted on the radio.

The MEDIA did not include Trump's entire message about Russia and the emails. I heard the portion that came previous to the part that nearly the ENTIRE MEDIA quoted. Trump was NOT making a direct plea to Russia -- he was merely suggesting if Russia was hearing, and if Russia had any knowledge of the emails that were hacked whether involved directly or indirectly, to please share with the world. That's not treason, because it's pure speculation, instead -- his comments that led into that quoted material, because the Final quote that got passed around the globe was info was taken OUT-of-Context. Trump may have quoted the portion that the media quoted, again in Twitter; but what he said in his entire speech makes the context shift into a softer and more speculative mode.

Obviously, anyone who did not hear the previous quoted comments would naturally wonder if Trump is seriously trying to get himself into trouble and hand over the presidency automatically to Hillary Clinton. However, when the previous comments are noted IN CONTEXT, then it is or should be understood that Trump was jesting a dare..
              (bold emphasis/color font mine)

"Trump: 'I hope' Russia is able to get Clinton's emails"
              By Ben Kamisar, July 27, 2016, 11:20 am
              (© 2016 Capitol Hill Publishing Corp., a subsidiary of News Communications, Inc.)

Donald Trump on Wednesday said he hopes that Russian hackers have obtained the tens of thousands of emails that Hillary Clinton deleted from her private email server.

"If they hacked, they probably have her 33,000 emails. I hope they do," Trump, the Republican presidential nominee, told reporters on Wednesday at a press conference at his Miami-area hotel.

"They probably have her 33,000 emails that she lost and deleted. You'd see some beauties, so we'll see."

He went on to address Russia directly: "Russia, if you are listening," he said, "I hope you are able to find the 30,000 emails that are missing. I think you will probably be rewarded mightily by the press."
              Well, not sure about any such rewards, there..
              But that's pretty much what he said in the portion of his comments that got chopped off...in other words-- he didn't/doesn't know what Russia might or might not know... jeesh!

Besides, at this point it shouldn't matter what was in those emails, unless it reinforces what Dinesh D'Souza noted about in his latest documentary
              "Hillary's America" which is in theaters now. I heard about it, and a few days later saw it because someone else wanted to see it too, and I ended up tagging along. It was very interesting to say the least.

"Hillary's America" is more about the history of the Democratic Party in the USA, than it is about whatever Hillary is contributing to it. The film was basically promoted with the subtitle as "Hillary’s America: The Secret History of the Democratic Party". And the story behind the corruption of the (USA) Democratic Party is not really a secret, because it was taught in my public school's history of the United States classes. Just some of the details were conveniently removed as to how they seemed to interconnect with each other. History class (and the course books) makes more sense now.
              But Not to the Democratic party's favor.. From President Andrew Jackson to Al Capone to Saul Alinsky and beyond...they each interconnect at strategic points like a giant, woven tapestry.. we just haven't seen the finished product yet..!

If Hillary's role in shaping the future of America in the film is true, it explains without the shadows of any doubt *WHY* Bernie Sanders backed down--after all of his balking against the deceitfulness of how he was betrayed-- and gave the crowning nomination over to Hillary Clinton instead. Basically, she's been groomed for this role, if she gets crowned as our next USA President. Obama was groomed to pave and prepare the way for the next chapter to be opened of Pandora's Box of surprises.

"7 Things the Left Doesn’t Want You to Know About Their History"
              by Dinesh D'Souza, Posted: Jul 26, 2016 12:01 AM
              Townhall, Copyright © Townhall.com. All Rights Reserved.
              In the eyes of the DNC and the media -proverbially married thereof to them, Donald Trump is merely an interference in this 2016 election process, and the Dems will do *WHATEVER* it takes to get Hillary Clinton (or whoever they have chosen in mind) into that position of power.. and then what..?? The world can rejoice?
              Ohhhh, watch the film.. it's very eye-opening, especially to all of the voices declaring reparations from 200+ years of slavery, etc. Anyone voting for any Democrat or FOR Hillary should see the film. The film didn't state this specifically, but maybe implied that Once America is tied-up and bound, the rest of the world will end up in that same ball&chain (imprisonment) mode. Maybe that is how the OneWorldGov will start? Maybe it will start from Europe, while America (the USA) struggles within its own "sea to polluted sea" continental borders.

The above notation (nor do I think the film itself) does not translate that ALL democrats are as described (corrupted evil) in the film, but the selected few seem to fit that category, IF the info is true. What's that saying?
              Absolute POWER corrupts Absolutely..?

This election will end up being a downhill snowball/falling boulder effect one way or another. *sigh*

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                If it costs me say 300 a person to deport someone, vice say 50 a year to just let them stay here, then its only going to 'save me' if they stay here less than 6 years... However, if they stay here 20+ years, have kids here, that also stay here 20+ years, then it IS more cost effective to deport them...
                The cost to deport all 11 million immigrants would be in the order of 400-600 billion dollars. (American Action forum)
                So, that is somewhere between 1200-1800 dollars per man, woman and child in the US.
                Not from what i see..
                Then look harder, try googling top Republican Universities.

WEll lets see. If i take home classified data from MY Work place (The military), i am breaking the law. So how is it ok for her to do the same thing, and keep it in an UNSECURED area??
                She has not done the same thing.
                I know it looks like it, I know it feels like it, but it is not.
                What she has done is dodgy, it's questionable, it displays poor judgement in dealing with internet security, and I'll -never- defend her for doing it, or say that people don't have a case for calling her on it.
                What it was not however was -criminal-.
                I know it seems like I am splitting hairs, and to a degree, yes, yes I am, but that is simply the way the legal system works.
                No, they are NOT supposed to be representing the people, they are supposed to be advocating for their party, just for themselves is -entirely- what they are supposed to be doing. You don't expect the RNC to represent -all Americans- do you?
                sigpic

Comment

OH
                  Garhkal.
                  Remember when I said earlier that the Democrats would create their own context?
                  What has happened with Trump today is a very good example of that.
                  sigpic

Comment

You don't expect the RNC to represent -all Americans- do you?

That would be the day...
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                      IF everyone can come or go though which last i checked was what 'free migration' was all about, how CAN you stay secure though?>>
                      So how exactly does eliminating immigration quotas equal elimination of security measures?

It was a guestimate based on the news stories we have seen about this many being shipped here, carted off there etc..

And none of this happened in previous administrations?

And since you sound not like a US citizen, its easy for YOU to say, just give them amnesty, let them in.. don't deport them all..
                      I am a citizen, never claimed otherwise. But you just made my point on the whole profiling thing, you just partook in it.

There's a reason why Washington didn't want any political parties to begin with.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

That would be the day...
                        Just as "it would be the day" when the DNC represent all US Citizens.

Comment

Who would be crazy enough to say any politician represents the American people? Can I have some of their money if they represent me?
                          Originally posted by aretood2
                          Jelgate is right

Comment

Trump followers.
                            By Nolamom
                            sigpic

Comment

Just as "it would be the day" when the DNC represent all US Citizens.
                              Isn't that what Gatefan implied when he threw the question back at Garhkal?
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Trump followers.
                                I think that proves my point about crazy people
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X