This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
    You see class warfare, I see a simple cost/benefit analysis.
    class warfare FTW
    I see human nature
    If it was about class, the percentages would represent the racial percentages of social class. So that's your burden. Show me that the percentages match. That there is a correlation between a race's poverty and it's representation in the deaths at the hands of the police.
    Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
    I didn't say race wasn't a problem I said it was no race problem
    I still maintain BLM is missing the main point & would be far more efficient if they changed their name (besides, what about non-black minorities?)

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
      but the rest must be you trying to be facetious..
      what makes u think that?

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
        It was fairly clearly an allusion to slavery. If black people need to behave in a special way
        feudalism, generally
        commoners should know their place

Comment

I see human natureI still maintain BLM is missing the main point & would be far more efficient if they changed their name (besides, what about non-black minorities?)
          "black lives matter" specifically refers to the police apparently believing the exact opposite.

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
            Yeah what's with that?

You are protesting fine, but why break into shops and steal everything. Looting is nothing more then stealing because it's there. Why ?
            Because they can, and they know the cops are too reluctant to stop them.. And even if they DO by chance get arrested, they know there's enough liberal judges out there that will let them off with a mere slap on the wrist.

"black lives matter" specifically refers to the police apparently believing the exact opposite.
            Then, why last year, according to the FBI's own stats, almost DOUBLE the # of whites were shot by cops as blacks last year??

Comment

Then, why last year, according to the FBI's own stats, almost DOUBLE the # of whites were shot by cops as blacks last year??
              you're not taking % into account: are there only twice as many whites? don't think so
              (that said I stand by my initial statement about BLM)

Comment

Those Judges should all be stripped of their positions and sacked, for letting looters off the hook.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
                  Once the FSA's (Free Shiznit Armies) get their way, the gov. has to levy the taxes to support it. The taxpayers? They don't have a choice, they're outnumbered / outvoted by the FSA's. Aside from leaving the jurisdiction, they have no choice but to pay up.
                  Which, is why so many choose to leave the jurisdiction. Look at NY state statistics sometime. Our businesses, jobs, and the people who need those jobs have been leaving the state for decades.
                  You missed my point. My point is that there are plenty of voters in New York who would also like to see these "handouts" of yours decreased. But they are too busy voting democrat because republicans demonize them at every turn.

class warfare FTW
                  I see human natureI still maintain BLM is missing the main point & would be far more efficient if they changed their name (besides, what about non-black minorities?)

I made my argument with actual numbers backing it up. Yours is founded on blind assertions. As for non-black minorities...like I said. Hispanics and Asians killed by police are proportional to their population. Personally, I think the reality is that they are a bit higher. But I don't have proof of that. But data does show that Hispanics are not richer than black people...so there goes the class variable.

Because they can, and they know the cops are too reluctant to stop them.. And even if they DO by chance get arrested, they know there's enough liberal judges out there that will let them off with a mere slap on the wrist.
                  The data doesn't back that assertion up one bit. In fact what the data does show is that black people are more likely to get harsher sentences for the same crimes than white people. So why would looting black people get any special treatment with other black people get the book thrown at them?

You didn't read my post explaining that did you? The Too Long, Didn't read summary: There are like, way more white people than black people. Like dude, there are like 6 times more whites than blacks. So like, if there wasn't a race problem, man, then like there'd be totally 6 times as many whites shot by cops than blacks. So not rad man.
                  By Nolamom
                  sigpic

Comment

Several reasons. Some use them for protection, others for hunting, others cause they collect them. BUT depending on your reading of the 2nd amendment AND other stuff, it generally is for the citizenry for in cases of militias and such.. Remember most militias in the past DID provide their own weaponry..
                    Right, a civilian army to resist the government if it went "rogue" and to be a militia as a standing army was deemed unconstitutional.
                    Until............ it wasn't.
                    The main reason for the 2nd amendment is no longer relevant, and access to guns is not predicated on it's existence.

Or in some cases, they mix up protesting with rioting, burning buildings down etc..
                    Sure, they do. -Every- protest runs that risk, be it BLM, or any other group. The thought that it is "unique" to blacks is laughable.

Its not just the inconvenience though. Would or SHOULD they be held as accessories to someone's death if cause OF them protesting/blocking a freeway, emergency services were late getting to a fire or medical emergency?
                    If a paramedic or cop, or firefighter "goes on strike" (therefore not doing their job) are they held as accessories?
                    If the cop who could have stopped a crime was too busy handing out parking tickets, are they culpable for what happens?
                    How pissed off would those protestors be if it was one of THEIR family members still at home that DID die cause those fire trucks/ambulances couldn't get there in time..??
                    Pretty pissed, with no right to be so.

Sorry but when the Potus seems to always be quick to condemn the cops, yet seems to have to be shamed into condemning the thugs, and even then rarely has spoken out against all the shootings in his OWN HOME state/city (Chicago), it is easy to see him as being very one sided..
                    You do know when he speaks out about gun violence, it does not just address one side, right?
                    You also know that being in a gang and a thug comes with certain risks, right?
                    You also realise that being pulled over for a traffic violation, put on the ground and shot by the people who are sworn to protect (and thus are held to a higher standard) is not a risk that any citizen should have to face, right?
                    sigpic
                    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

If you can find it there is a video going around of BLM protesters dropping a concrete block on a cop's head. How exactly does that advance their cause?
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

The data doesn't back that assertion up one bit. In fact what the data does show is that black people are more likely to get harsher sentences for the same crimes than white people. So why would looting black people get any special treatment with other black people get the book thrown at them?
                        Then why is it quite a few of those rioters who DID get arrested, got released with no charges? Why is it several of those who did the arson in St Louis and Baltimore, we have not even heard of IF they went to court or not??

You didn't read my post explaining that did you? The Too Long, Didn't read summary: There are like, way more white people than black people. Like dude, there are like 6 times more whites than blacks. So like, if there wasn't a race problem, man, then like there'd be totally 6 times as many whites shot by cops than blacks. So not rad man.
                        My point though is that they seem to be making it ot to seem that the COPS are just GUNNING For them only.. When their # of deaths by cop are a lot less than whites, which is also a HELL of a lot less than # of deaths caused by their OWN kind..

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                        The main reason for the 2nd amendment is no longer relevant, and access to guns is not predicated on it's existence.
                        So you think we no longer need to worry about our government going rogue and wanting to control everything, to the point we the people need to rebel to get control back??

Sure, they do. -Every- protest runs that risk, be it BLM, or any other group. The thought that it is "unique" to blacks is laughable.
                        Then why didn't we see any rioting/looting and arson during the Occupy wall street protests? Or at all the protests of abortion clinics?? We have seen some rioting at Trump conventions, but that is also supported by BLM and the other agitators, like Sorous and alinsky.

If a paramedic or cop, or firefighter "goes on strike" (therefore not doing their job) are they held as accessories?
                        They should be..

Comment

Do you have any idea what that statistic means? around 70% of america is white, around 12% is black. For the population they have, black people are shot significantly more often than white people.

(Hard numbers: ~200 million white and ~40 million black).

If you can find it there is a video going around of BLM protesters dropping a concrete block on a cop's head. How exactly does that advance their cause?
                          So the police can feel like what it's like being on the receiving end of unjust violence?

But really, it seems like people think BLM is this highly coordinated protest group, but it's not. Even protesting for such a cause doesn't make you the universal representative.

Why would you, after all, shoot the cops at the very protest against excessive cop violence?
                          Last edited by thekillman; 12 July 2016, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Then why is it quite a few of those rioters who DID get arrested, got released with no charges?
                            Getting arrested does not mean you will be charged.
                            Why is it several of those who did the arson in St Louis and Baltimore, we have not even heard of IF they went to court or not??
                            If you really want to know, look up the court register for the court in question, or look for the local news. Strangely enough, just because something is not on CNN/NBC/FOX/MSNBC does not mean it does not happen..........

My point though is that they seem to be making it ot to seem that the COPS are just GUNNING For them only.. When their # of deaths by cop are a lot less than whites,
                            1/10th the amount? That is the ratio you need to apply if you are looking at nationwide stats. It's not that it -only- affects Blacks, it is that it -disproportionately- affects blacks. That is the issue.
                            [/quote]
                            which is also a HELL of a lot less than # of deaths caused by their OWN kind..
                            [/quote]
                            You mean humans?

So you think we no longer need to worry about our government going rogue and wanting to control everything, to the point we the people need to rebel to get control back??
                            Not at all, I just think you are delusional to think that -any- group has the capacity to stop your government, or mine for that matter if they decided to do anything on the scale you are imagining. 50 blokes with guns take a.......... let's say a ranger station in a wildlife park. Exactly what are those 50 guys going to do if the government decides they are easier to get rid of with a drone strike, or they rush the compound with sniper support?
                            What they are going to do, is die, and the government "troops" will probably suffer no losses. "Joe average" simply cannot resist in any form but "resistance movements", and do you know what they get called?
                            Terrorists if they are black, or Hispanic or Arabic, and "disturbed" if they are white.
                            Then why didn't we see any rioting/looting and arson during the Occupy wall street protests?
                            There were riots, and hundreds of arrests. I'm sure if I -bothered- to look, I could find some looting and Arson as well. In addition, you have very different emotional barometers going on. OWS was for financial crimes, which tend to piss people off. BLM is about people getting killed at an inordinate rate based on nothing more than the colour of their skin. Unsuprisingly, one raises a lot more emotional ire.
                            Or at all the protests of abortion clinics??
                            You missed all the bricking's, Molitov cocktails, verbal and physical harassment, and out and out shootings?
                            Really...............
                            We have seen some rioting at Trump conventions, but that is also supported by BLM and the other agitators, like Sorous and alinsky.
                            Cause, ya know, Trump does not agitate at all..........
                            Oh, and if you want to throw around names, How about Roger Ailes, Bill O'Rieley, Sean Hannity, Karl Rove, The KKK, Glen Beck, etc, etc, etc.

They should be..
                            So, they should be slaves with no rights?
                            sigpic

Comment

a new cop on the block block on the cop can contribute to lower taxes
                              paramedics & firefighters not having any special privileges or powerful unions to protect them, chances are they'll be fired on the spot
                              I made my argument with actual numbers backing it up. Yours is founded on blind assertions. As for non-black minorities...like I said. Hispanics and Asians killed by police are proportional to their population. Personally, I think the reality is that they are a bit higher. But I don't have proof of that. But data does show that Hispanics are not richer than black people...so there goes the class variable.
                              ah but class isn't necessarily about wealth (though the ss do get well paid - state & federal ones at least - not to mention a generous health insurance, in a country where decent healthcare is a luxury don't forget, all on taxpayers' $)

Comment

paramedics & firefighters not having any special privileges or powerful unions to protect them, chances are they'll be fired on the spot
                                Way to miss the point.
                                ah but class isn't necessarily about wealth (though the ss do get well paid - state & federal ones at least - not to mention a generous health insurance, in a country where decent healthcare is a luxury don't forget, all on taxpayers' $)
                                What bastards..............
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X