Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I did not know this but this episode of Star Trek was banned in the UK for one little line about Ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHsoPPynIIc
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      I did not know this but this episode of Star Trek was banned in the UK for one little line about Ireland.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CHsoPPynIIc
      well data does basically say terrorism is ok, i'm pretty sure no american network would have broadcast that now

Comment

I doubt it. Picard corrects him on why the terrorism is wrong. Data (especially in the early seasons) is a child. He may be smarter than most people on an intellectual stanpoint but he has the curiosity and maturity of a child
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
          I doubt it. Picard corrects him on why the terrorism is wrong. Data (especially in the early seasons) is a child. He may be smarter than most people on an intellectual stanpoint but he has the curiosity and maturity of a child

So terrorism to achieve a political goal when all other options have been exhausted? Why is it still wrong? I'm curious too.

I'm not agreeing with using terrorism but why is it wrong?

Comment

You're seriously asking why killing mass amounts of people is wrong?
            Originally posted by aretood2
            Jelgate is right

Comment

SO.. What's everyone's thought on the mass shooting of cops in Dallas??

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post

What exactly happened?

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  What exactly happened?
                  apparently two people started shooting cops, 5 dead so far.

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    You're seriously asking why killing mass amounts of people is wrong?

No I'm not saying that, I'm asking why that argument in the video isn't a valid argument. Why specifically is terrorism labelled wrong?

I do think it's wrong but for the argument I am asking.

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post

OMG.......... Was this in response to the cop shooting that guy 4 times as he reached for his ID?

And there was another shooting in another city that also led to this I think.

In the ID shooting the girlfriend posted video to Facebook of what happened as it happened..

Comment

Just as wrong as it is vice versa - why do you ask?

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                        There were 4 culprits last I read, three have been arrested and are not cooperating. A fourth killed himself after long negotiations took place in an underground parking garage. Apparently they also hid bombs all over Dallas. Reeks of homegrown terrorism to me.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

will this mean lower taxes for Dallas citizens?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                            Apparently they also hid bombs all over Dallas.
                            is that fact? that'd change everything it'd mean they're willing to kill civies too, indiscriminately
                            if so no mercy for them (treat them like Daesh rats)

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              is that fact? that'd change everything it'd mean they're willing to kill civies too, indiscriminately
                              No explosives were found in the immediate area, so it was probably a bluff.
                              They did apparently kill the one in the garage by means of an explosive device.

Dallas sniper attack
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                                So the indiscriminate murder of cops is okay?
                                By Nolamom
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X