Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And in our election cycle the latest talk is about this advertisement using a fake tradesperson to promote the government because the opposition want to look at the banking industry and negative gearing...... So they bring out a fake tradesperson wearing a rolex and a pandora bracelet and he's also the cleanest tradie I have ever seen.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-2...r-fire/7525090
    Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
      And in our election cycle the latest talk is about this advertisement using a fake tradesperson to promote the government because the opposition want to look at the banking industry and negative gearing...... So they bring out a fake tradesperson wearing a rolex and a pandora bracelet and he's also the cleanest tradie I have ever seen.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-06-2...r-fire/7525090
      LOL!!!
      That add is frigging hilarious!!
      The Libs did themselves no favours with that one.
      sigpic
      ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
      A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
      The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
        LOL!!!
        That add is frigging hilarious!!
        The Libs did themselves no favours with that one.

I don't think it will hurt them. Most of their core voters will believe this guff

Comment

Originally posted by Annoyed View Post
          I *think* you misunderstood the article. I took it to mean that there is a movement afoot to get Convention delegates pledged to vote for Trump to vote for someone besides Trump at the convention, giving the Republicans someone else to run as their nominee.
          This would be like telling the primary votes to take a hike, we don't like your choice, we'll do what we want instead.
          I don't imagine that would go over well with Republican voters.
          No, I didn't misunderstand.

I know that delegates are supposed to vote for the ones they have been assigned to by popular vote, except for the GOP's version of the superdelegates who may vote whichever way they feel like putting down as nominee.

My reply was aimed at what comes after. Y'all have to go and vote in November, don't you? Or those that are registered anyways. Well, if they don't want Trump at the helm, they can vote for Clinton or whomever else is running instead, and then hope to gain the majority again in the Senate and continue to block and fillibuster to their heart's content should Clinton or the whomever else is running win the presidency.
          Win-win!

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
          Oh, i dunno.. Maybe cause quite often after one of their goons blows up something/goes on a stabbing spree, we see them all out side cheering!
          Always the cheering... is there no other reason.

I always wonder what the news doesn't show us, or doesn't want to show us because it's not exciting enough or news worthy enough.

I'd rather keep more of my hard earned dosh thank you.
          So, you don't pay taxes?

Wow, i am actually surprised they even TRACK anti-male/Anti-white/Anti-Christian/Anti-hetro hate crimes..
          Hate crimes come in all shapes and sizes. Or did you think that was only applicable to LGBT?

Coco Pops
          You wanted to know about Brexit, if I remember correctly (though I forgot whether it was here or in the other thread). I found an easy to follow list of the issues on The New York Times website:

What Is Driving the ‘Brexit’ Debate,
          and What a Yes Vote Could Mean

And also, the rest of the EU will not look kindly on a break - UK out means out, and no favorable economic treaties to hope for:

E.U. Countries Warn Britain on ‘Brexit’: You’ll Pay if You Leave Us
          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I don't think it will hurt them. Most of their core voters will believe this guff
            Don't kid yourself, most ads won't do jack to our voting pool. Libs vote lib, Labour votes labour, we are just as tribal as the US in that regard. What they are looking for is the 10 odd percent that will swing vote, and with that 10%, that ad was garbage.
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
              Don't kid yourself, most ads won't do jack to our voting pool. Libs vote lib, Labour votes labour, we are just as tribal as the US in that regard. What they are looking for is the 10 odd percent that will swing vote, and with that 10%, that ad was garbage.
              Really?

BTW did anyone notice the microphone cord in his shirt and the fact you would be not allowed to wear such jewellery while operating machinery like that drop saw next to him? OH&S rules.

Plus was that house behind him being built or demolished. Oh and his accent what was up with that?

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                Coco Pops
                You wanted to know about Brexit, if I remember correctly (though I forgot whether it was here or in the other thread). I found an easy to follow list of the issues on The New York Times website:

What Is Driving the ‘Brexit’ Debate,
                and What a Yes Vote Could Mean

And also, the rest of the EU will not look kindly on a break - UK out means out, and no favorable economic treaties to hope for:

I'm not an expert on british affairs, but based on a quick skimming of that site, Britain is having the same immigration problems we are; they're being flooded, and the EU rules say they have to take 'em.

In my opinion, Britain ought to tell the EU what to go do with itself. Even moreso due to the thinly veiled threats of consequences if they leave.

Comment

Thats why we are having the vote, and yes, there are threats from the EU, but from both sides, Brexit and Bremain, there are scaremongering tactics, instead of presenting the truth, typical politicians
                  sigpic

Comment

We won't leave, even if the vote is to go, what they're not saying is to go we have to jump through some impossible hoops, once we intact article 50, this request has to go to the (unelected and unaccountable) Council of the European Union who could quiet simply say no, and that would kill Brexit there and then (after 2 years we would cease to be a signatory to the Lisbon treaty, but the existing Maastricht Treaty would remain in place and there was no exit clause from that).

If the CoEU actually say yes, then we will have to negotiate termination settlements with all the other EU members, this involves compensating them for the loss of our financial contribution they get from our contribution to the EU budget and yup, you've guessed it, we need all 27 to agree, if one refuses, no cookies for you.

I'll say it now, if we vote stay, nothing will happen or change, if we vote leave Dave will hold out as long as possible before involking Article 50, then the CoEU will say no, and he'll come back and say "I'm sorry they said no, our choice is now to let the proces continue and cease being a signatory to the Lisbon treaty in two years, this will be really bad and cost us a lot (which it will because we'll loose all the benefits of the Lisbon treaty), or withdraw our request and stay in the EU, as your elected leader, I have taken the hard decision (heard that before?) to withdraw our request to leave as we'll be much better off that way, you see, I asked, you spoke, I listened, but they said no, so no gravy for you, its outside of my control".

I will be very surprised if we ever do leave, this is just one big game of chess we (and probably several other nations) are playing with the bigwigs in Brussels, and it's going to be one hell of a long game (hence those early threats of it taking up to 10 years to achieve).

Oh and don't confuse the Council of the European Union with the Council of Europe (who is responsible for the European Convention of Human Rights and it's associated Court), the two are not connected, and totally separate agreements, for instance did you know Russia has a seat on the Council of Europe?
                    Last edited by Ian-S; 20 June 2016, 10:50 AM.

Comment

So, you don't pay taxes?
                      I pay plenty thanks.. Especially since i am a Single guy, so don't get all those special tax deductions lots of others get..

Hate crimes come in all shapes and sizes. Or did you think that was only applicable to LGBT?

****[/quote]

I said it that way, cause it seems to a lot on the left, it IS only whites/males/hetros/christians/conservatives who can do 'hate crimes'. So yes i am shocked the FBI counts them all, what with their liberal overlords.

SO effectively stay in or we will screw you over.. Sounds like blackmail to me.

Comment

They call that persuasion nowadays, blackmail is so 20th century.

Comment

Yeah, if I was in Britain, I would vote to leave soley because of the threats. And I wouldn't give a rats rear end about what hoops the EU said I would have to jump through. Go to Hell would be the only response.

Comment

So really it's all a sham then isn't it? Why even bother with taking votes and stuff if they are not going to honoour things like election promises and what the voters say they want? Why bother?
                            you tell me

Why is rioting the only way to change things?
                            good question
                            try voting & see

hear hear - you seem suddenly sympathetic toward V for Vendetta land

Comment

I pay plenty thanks.. Especially since i am a Single guy, so don't get all those special tax deductions lots of others get..
                              Singles are the worst off everywhere apparently. Same here.

Well, the rest of Europe has a good point. If you don't want to be a member of the union, you're not going to get the benefits that come with it either. You don't want the bad, but only the good -- no can do. Either you're in, or you're out. So if Britain chooses out, out it will be and the economic consequences will have to be dealt with, on both sides of the divorce.
                              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I say we start protesting the unfairness that singles get. Everyone else does. I nominate pookey as in charge. As a crazy cat lady she be single
                                Originally posted by aretood2
                                Jelgate is right

Comment

Working...
                                X