Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And you can't see that your attitude and that of your country only continues to fuel the hatred and neverending violence.

I happen to think the Palestinians have a right to a decent life and country. Israel took that away and continues to fuel the fire at every turn.

Perhaps, you should stop giving them a reason by taking their land. Or to stop treating them like second class citizens.

Perhaps a little respect for your neighbors could bring you somewhere. Which goes for both sides -- by the way. Instead of building walls, perhaps it's time to start talking.

And yes, your people were celebrating as well when a Palestinian boy was killed in a fire, I believe it was, set by settlers. One celebration or many celebrations - the message is the same - on both sides. If you can't see that, than you'll never understand the problem.
    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Amen to that FH.

Comment

btw every1 here's something interesting - hypothetical scenario, you have 2 choices:

- live in a muslim country as a non-muslim, or
        - live in Israel as a non-jew (say a muslim arab)

in both cases you're a citizen or at least a legal immigrant

which would you pick?

Comment

None of the above.

Comment

Indonesia is pretty nice, but there are some places I would not go.........
            sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I recall reading about a public beating in Indonesia where the SS just stood by & did nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                Indonesia is pretty nice, but there are some places I would not go.........
                Could we not make that description for most countries? Outliers like North Korea being obvious exceptions.
                Originally posted by aretood2
                Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                  Could we not make that description for most countries? Outliers like North Korea being obvious exceptions.
                  That was my point Jel.
                  Given the two choices provided by SR, I chose to not slip into his little trap and choose a majority Muslim country that is not in the M-E, and where Sharia law is not the mainstream basis of the legal system.
                  The only reason I did not choose Israel is because it is -routinely affected- by the repercussions of Sharia law.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                    I recall reading about a public beating in Indonesia where the SS just stood by & did nothing
                    So what?
                    Instead of trying to be "coy" why not just say what is on your mind instead?
                    sigpic

Comment

SS?

This isn't WW 2
                      Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                        And you can't see that your attitude and that of your country only continues to fuel the hatred and neverending violence.
                        You know what I CAN see? Meaningless cliched canned messages. I spot them right on. And this is one.

I also observe that you do not disagree with my earlier statement that you are incapable of condemning a Palestinian-perpetrated atrocity against Israelis without immediately excusing it with a "but".

I happen to think the Palestinians have a right to a decent life and country.
                        Which they could've had for decades by now if they weren't so genocidal-minded.

Israel took that away and continues to fuel the fire at every turn.
                        By refusing to die, presumably.

Perhaps, you should stop giving them a reason by taking their land. Or to stop treating them like second class citizens.

Perhaps a little respect for your neighbors could bring you somewhere. Which goes for both sides -- by the way. Instead of building walls, perhaps it's time to start talking.
                        I'm really curious about the moral character of people issuing such statements, because it's the logic of a sociopath.

Ask yourself, in all seriousness - if someone took your land, would you sneak into their house at night and slit their baby's throat?

Would you throw a party if someone else did that before you could?

What would it take to persuade you to walk into a restaurant, order food, calmly eat it, and then pull out a gun and massacre the waiters who have just served you and the random people who just happened to be dining next to you?

Can you honestly identify with such people?

(That's before getting into the truth value of your nonsense of "second-class citizens". Last I checked, the Palestinians weren't Israeli citizens nor wanted to be).

And yes, your people were celebrating as well when a Palestinian boy was killed in a fire, I believe it was, set by settlers.
                        Do prove. Or retract.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                          Do prove. Or retract.
                          https://www.google.com.au/#q=Israel+...stinian+deaths

pick one.
                          sigpic

Comment

In related news, UN Secretary General Ban Ki-Moon can see what Falcon Horus can't:

The Secretary-General is shocked that the leaders of Hamas have chosen to welcome this attack and some have chosen to celebrate it. He calls upon the Palestinian leadership to live up to their responsibility to stand firmly against violence and the incitement that fuels it.

If anyone asks, I'll be outside with my camera, taking photos of flocks of flying pigs in the sky.
                            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

I happen to think the Palestinians have a right to a decent life and country. Israel took that away and continues to fuel the fire at every turn.
                              First off, the Palestinians land was won BY the Disraeli's in the war.. Then they started giving some back over the decades.. How much do you want the Israeli's to give over??

Lets see. Every peace deal so far reached, who's the ones who broke it?? THE PALESTINIANS!

Good thing you said "BY both sides".

A
                              nd yes, your people were celebrating as well when a Palestinian boy was killed in a fire, I believe it was, set by settlers. One celebration or many celebrations - the message is the same - on both sides. If you can't see that, than you'll never understand the problem.
                              I don't remember that...

btw every1 here's something interesting - hypothetical scenario, you have 2 choices:

- live in a muslim country as a non-muslim, or
                              - live in Israel as a non-jew (say a muslim arab)

in both cases you're a citizen or at least a legal immigrant

which would you pick?
                              If i HAD to take one of the 2, i would go live in israel as a non jew.. Less chance of being killed imo just cause i am not a Muslim.

Now, it also depends on which "muslim country" you are thinking of.. India and Pakistan have large Muslim populations, but Sharia law is NOT the law of the land. Most of the African/ME nations where muslims are the majority, Sharia law IS in effect.. So that said, i could see living in Oman or Quatar..

Comment

I'm not in the mood to argue.

You believe you're right, and I believe I'm right. And we both are wrong on so many levels. You want to sit on your high horse, be my guest. I'll be down here on the ground, hoping that some day there will be people who will figure out that violence and hatred won't get them anywhere. That day will be a great day, but it will not be in my lifetime.
                                Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
                                X