Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
      How did PH get dragged into this?
      By the hair?

Comment

But, PH has no hair

*looks at avvie* well she didnt
        sigpic

Comment

Don't tease her about that. She reacts badly to that.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
            And who's fault is that?
            Let me guess, you think its all the big bad Israeli's fault..

Comment

Originally posted by Pharaoh Hamenthotep View Post
              How did PH get dragged into this?
              Its the rule. When in doubt, blame PH
              Originally posted by aretood2
              Jelgate is right

Comment

You can't just blame America.

The Western world in general loves to poke its collective nose into other nations and stir things up.
                Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Coco Pops View Post
                  You can't just blame America.

The Western world in general loves to poke its collective nose into other nations and stir things up.
                  And the non-Western world is just a bunch of loveable angelic non-interventionists?
                  If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                    Let me guess, you think its all the big bad Israeli's fault..
                    They're just the tip of the iceberg which happens to be in the region.
                    Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Onto other matters....

Sometimes i seriously wonder why we are given the right to vote on stuff, when in a number of cases i have seen, time and time again XYZ bill gets signatures to get on the voters ballot and gets shot down year after year, so instead those who are pushing that bill, just go straight TO The politicians and get it wrote into law, effectively bypassing US the voters... Case and point. The past 3 Novembers, Medical Marijuana has been on the Nov ballots for a yay-nay vote, but in ALL 3 years i have been up here, it got shot down 60% to 40 (on ave)..
                      So just earlier to day the Ohio state senate voted it INTO law anyway, and got Kasich to approve it...

Another instance iirc was back when i was in Mayport Fl.. There was a 2nd straight time that voters were asked to approve a 'raise' to the county income tax for some damn project, and a 2nd time the measure got defeated by 70%+ of the vote.. So next session after the new year, the county commissioners office just made a bill to raise it anyway...

So WHY have a damn vote of the people, when if they say no several times you are just going to make it law anyhow...????
                      It makes no damn sense to me.

Comment

There was a terrorist attack in Tel Aviv last night, in the Sarona Market (which isn't actually a market but a picturesque neighborhood with boutiques and restaurants 10 minutes walk from where I work). Three Palestinians in suits and ties sat down at the Max Brenner restaurant, ate their meal, then got up and began shooting at anything that moves with automatic weapons. They killed 4 people and injured 16 before the police could arrive and put an end to it. Two of the terrorists were killed, one dropped his weapon, tried to flee and was apprehended.

Just one month ago I was celebrating my birthday in the Benedict restaurant right next to that Max Brenner with my mom and sister.

In the West Bank, they're celebrating right now. Handing out cookies and sweets, setting off fireworks. The Facebook page of Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah proudly posted a video of the attack, calling the victims "settlers"; it's picking up likes with alarming speed. This is the bunch of ghouls with whom we're supposed to make peace? No thanks.
                        If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

That was on the morning news out here Womble, totally unconscionable act and these people deserve nothing less than what they got.
                          As for celebrating it later, you are right, that is not just ghoulish, it's foul.
                          sigpic
                          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
                          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
                          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

The neverending circle of violence and retaliation continues.

Sorry for the loss, and those celebrating should be ashamed of themselves and if possible given the same treatment as the ones celebrating the death of that 4-year old boy a couple of months ago. Prison time I believe it was.

If stubborness continues on both sides, there's no chance on peace. Maybe a north/south split of the country as a whole. An even split...
                            Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Womble View Post
                              In the West Bank, they're celebrating right now. Handing out cookies and sweets, setting off fireworks. The Facebook page of Mahmoud Abbas' Fatah proudly posted a video of the attack, calling the victims "settlers"; it's picking up likes with alarming speed. This is the bunch of ghouls with whom we're supposed to make peace? No thanks.
                              And imo that is WHY so few people have sympathy for the palastinians.. They seem to always be out CHEERING when their people go on killing rampages.

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                                The neverending circle of violence and retaliation continues.

Sorry for the loss, and those celebrating should be ashamed of themselves and if possible given the same treatment as the ones celebrating the death of that 4-year old boy a couple of months ago. Prison time I believe it was.

If stubborness continues on both sides, there's no chance on peace. Maybe a north/south split of the country as a whole. An even split...
                                You only ever talk about "both sides" when it's Palestinians killing Israelis, did you ever notice that?

Are you at all capable of condemning Palestinian terrorist attacks in and of themselves, without it being conditional on some kind of wacky, awkwardly constructed equivalence declaration?

It's the kind of weasel-wording that the Palestinian government just used, condemning "all operations that target civilians from any background regardless of the justifications" and not mentioning the actual attack or acknowledging that the perpetrators were their subjects? Obfuscation of the most disgusting kind.

And when did Israelis ever cheer and hand out sweets because a bunch of Palestinians got killed? Especially in the kind of mass celebrations, glorifying the perpetrators in music videos, naming schools and soccer teams after them?

The uncle of one of the terrorists, by the way, is currently in the Israeli jail for murder of 4 Israeli civilians in a terrorist attack of his own in 2002.

Oh, the media, as usual, can't call the thing by its name. "Shooting incident" my pet donkey.

The Australian ambassador in Israel has done the right thing.

Comment

Working...
                                X