• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is my vision, we all speak the language of the bacon
    Originally posted by aretood2
    Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
      I'm not convinved. All your number tell me that war cost money and soldier die. Its sad but to be blunt its a side effect of war. I'm also not convinced that Bush is solely to blame for ISIS and the violence. Granted the war didn't do any favors but that region has been killing one another long before the war. Hard to directly blame one person. See no justification for war crimes.
      Former U.S. Military Official Says George W. Bush Created ISIS

How the Bush Wars Opened the Door for ISIS

For The Record, Yes, George W. Bush Did Help Create ISIS

Bush Created ISIS – Not Hillary Rodham Clinton

Is this enough...or should I find more "justification"?
      sigpic

Comment

You could provide a 100 articles and it wouldn't be enough. The ways you don't believe Fox News, I am skeptical of all media agencies. Fox or MSNBC for example all have their political agendas. I don't think anyone is denying that Iraq invasion had an impact on the formation of ISIS. It is shortsighted to blame Bush entirely. Someone mentioned Obama's sudden withdrawal of troops as a factor. Surely the terrorist groups in the region before set the groundwork for the rise. I could go on. My point is that in politics, both sides seem to want to point out as issues as simple when in fact they are complex. This one is no different
        Originally posted by aretood2
        Jelgate is right

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
          You do realize what relative means?

Now it's a hive of scum and villainy. and terrorists. Mostly terrorists. Prior to that it was like Israel: an oppressive regime who mostly murdered minorities. Wait what do you say? Isreal is an ally?
          No, I actually say that your characterization of Israel is a pile of horse manure. Then I'll say whatever else needs to be said.

Israel is a country where a formerly oppressed minority broke free of oppression, and has ever since been besieged by a militant, violent, irredeemably racist regional majority driven by frustrated imperialist ambition and desire for genocide. Israel is the one place in the Middle East where the Arab Muslim male has been denied the right to murder, oppress, rob and humiliate anyone who isn't an Arab Muslim male, and the Arab Muslim males have never reconciled with that. Any pretense that the Palestinians are somehow something distinct from the aforementioned Arab Muslim male regional oppressor is disingenious in the extreme.

For some people, however, that pretense is the only way to sustain their worldview, in which the Arab Muslim male is something of an ultimate victim of Western and Israeli oppression.

I wrote about this before. ISIS is the true decolonization. It is the Arab Muslim male fighting to restore the privileges he had before the Western colonizers defeated him and granted the Middle Eastern minorities the rights they were never meant to have. ISIS succeeds exclusively against Sunni Arabs, because it is a personification of the innermost desires of the Sunni Arab Male. ISIS fails against the Kurds because the Kurds do not share those desires. ISIS doesn't dare take on Israel, because Israel is the pinnacle of minority resistance to the oppressive rule of the Arab Muslim Male.
          If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

There's one simple objection to all of the above.

If the Iraqi army, once disbanded, readily transformed into a roaming army of genocidal Islamist fanatics, what does it tell you about the chances of the Iraqi regime to keep the lid on those people any longer? If lifelong Baathist are so easily recruitable by ISIS, doesn't it demonstrate just how thin the ice was under Saddam?

With or without the Iraq war, the Baath regime's days were numbered.
            If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

The oppressed now do the oppression... but who's counting anyway.
              Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
                The oppressed now do the oppression... but who's counting anyway.
                The Belgians, apparently.

I suppose one could call keeping a violent madman locked up a form of oppression... just need a narrow enough vision...

Comment

Iranian Missile Base under Construction in Iraqi Kurdistan

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
                    it is my vision, we all speak the language of the bacon
                    hmmmm bacon!!:d

Comment

You do realize what relative means?

Now it's a hive of scum and villainy. and terrorists. Mostly terrorists. Prior to that it was like Israel: an oppressive regime who mostly murdered minorities. Wait what do you say? Isreal is an ally?

Don't know about you, but I would rather live in Israel then in Iraq before the Iraq war (And after for that matter).

In fact, prior to invasion inspectors found no evidence of WMD's, and what evidence they had previously found (like high grade aluminium tubes) turned out to be used for very different purposes.

If only the British had a spy agency of their own to double check what their allies tell them...Oh well.

I don't care. I can see the american appeal: bunch of people invaded a country, suppressed the original inhabitants and then put them in an isolated region and murder them.

Well I'm American and I'm non-white hispanic...so where does that leave me? Or my black compatriots? Or my East Asian compatriots? Or do our voices not count in this discussion? Because it's just not white people anymore.

Originally posted by Womble View Post

I wrote about this before. ISIS is the true decolonization. It is the Arab Muslim male fighting to restore the privileges he had before the Western colonizers defeated him and granted the Middle Eastern minorities the rights they were never meant to have. ISIS succeeds exclusively against Sunni Arabs, because it is a personification of the innermost desires of the Sunni Arab Male. ISIS fails against the Kurds because the Kurds do not share those desires. ISIS doesn't dare take on Israel, because Israel is the pinnacle of minority resistance to the oppressive rule of the Arab Muslim Male.
                      I'd hate to live in Palestinian controlled areas. Not because an Israeli bomb might fall on my head. But because it's not safe for a non-Arab, especially if said non-Arab is not Muslim. But these are just minor facts to many people.
                      By Nolamom
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                        I'd hate to live in Palestinian controlled areas. Not because an Israeli bomb might fall on my head. But because it's not safe for a non-Arab, especially if said non-Arab is not Muslim. But these are just minor facts to many people.
                        I'd just hate to live there period.. Too much violence going on.

Comment

The Belgians, apparently.
                          No, just this one.

I suppose one could call keeping a violent madman locked up a form of oppression... just need a narrow enough vision...
                          Well, I think it's best if Daesh is eradicated, for good measure. Although they might kill themselves at the rate they're going executing their own fighters.

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
                          I'd just hate to live there period.. Too much violence going on.
                          And who's fault is that?
                          Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Annoyeds?
                            sigpic

Comment

Guess again.

Comment

Ok, PH ?
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X