This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Falcon Horus View Post
    No, he only saw weapons of mass destruction where there were none...
    Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
    Tell that to the surviving families of our military men and women who lost their lives or are severly injured.

Bush's Legacy:
    • U.S. Dead 4,475
    • US Injured 32,331
    • Cost $1.7 Trillion
    yes but Hillary had an email server in her bathroom

Comment

and that broke every building regulation going so she must be hung, drawn and quartered, like in the good old days.
      No worries about the war, that created jobs so it was good for the economy, carry on....

Comment

Originally posted by jelgate View Post
        Granted the war didn't do any favors but that region has been killing one another long before the war. Hard to directly blame one person. See no justification for war crimes.
        It was a reasonably stable region. The iraq invasion made it into a beacon of instability fuelling every other conflict in the area.

Comment

But didn't most of his advisors TELL him that there were WMD's there? It was not all HIS fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Ian-S View Post
            and that broke every building regulation going so she must be hung, drawn and quartered, like in the good old days.
            No worries about the war, that created jobs so it was good for the economy, carry on....

*Shoots Ian-S*
            LOOK, I just created a job.
            I am a Job creator!!

sigpic
            ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
            A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
            The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Originally posted by garhkal View Post
              But didn't most of his advisors TELL him that there were WMD's there? It was not all HIS fault.
              who said the rest of junior's government should be exonerated?
              Spoiler:
              and that's assuming his advisors didn't tell him "psst Mr President there ain't no WMDs in the Irak but let's just tell them dopes citizens that there are" & he acquiesced
              Last edited by SoulReaver; 05 June 2016, 03:26 PM. Reason: sp

Comment

Originally posted by LtColCarter View Post
                Tell that to the surviving families of our military men and women who lost their lives or are severly injured.

Bush's Legacy:
                • U.S. Dead 4,475
                • US Injured 32,331
                • Cost $1.7 Trillion

If this were done by President Obama...there would be a lynch mob outside of the White House. ISIS and the current bloodshed in the Middle East are a direct result of Bush's failed attempt at nation building. We need to demand justice and to charge George W. Bush and Dick Cheney for their lies and the murders of 4,475 American soldiers and over half a million Iraqis.
                ISIS was only possible do to a premature withdraw of US troops. Bush even warned us as much predicting just the very thing that did happen. But to randomly fling war crime accusations like that is just downright irresponsible and a disservice to victims of actual war crimes. You want actual war crimes? Try using chemical and biological weapons on Kurdish civilian populations for starters. Southern Iraqis may have more to complain about the presence of American troops, but to the Kurds, our soldiers' arrival was a blessing from God above and they wouldn't mind their return.

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                It was a reasonably stable region. The iraq invasion made it into a beacon of instability fuelling every other conflict in the area.
                Stable in the same sense that European trains ran on schedule under fascist regimes, yeah that true. But you can't ignore that this issue also is rooted in the Arab Spring, not just Iraqi instability brought on by the Iraq War.
                By Nolamom
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aretood2 View Post
                  Stable in the same sense that European trains ran on schedule under fascist regimes...
                  Still not running on schedule.
                  Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Originally posted by Gatefan1976 View Post
                    *Shoots Ian-S*
                    LOOK, I just created a job.
                    I am a Job creator!!

Comment

Still not running on schedule.
                      But I need my chocolate on time
                      Originally posted by aretood2
                      Jelgate is right

Comment

Just read two trains collided somewhere in the south of the country so you'll have to wait longer.
                        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

I need it too!

I can't eat it without feeling sick.. but I need it!

Comment

Just read two trains collided somewhere in the south of the country so you'll have to wait longer.
                            I'll send my courier. PH, get to work. No free samples
                            Originally posted by aretood2
                            Jelgate is right

Comment

It was not just him. Tony Blair and John Howard were also complicit in the lies that got us into Iraq. Why are those three not on trial?
                              Go home aliens, go home!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by thekillman View Post
                                Biggest load of nonsense ever spoken since the idyllic pictures of Saddam Hussein's Iraq in Michael Moore's nonsenementaries. Lazy thinkers and their fallacies of a single cause annoy me.

"Stability" in Iraq was maintained by recurring local genocides - Kurds, marsh Arabs, you name it. Everyone was fine with it so long as it didn't spill outside of Iraq's borders.

"Stability" in Syria was very much the same. Yemen was never actually stable in the first place. Egypt WAS stable, but its lapse into Muslim Brotherhood rule owed much more to Obama's enthusiastic support (who threatened to cut off US aid to Egypt if Mubarak didn't step down and the Brotherhood wasn't allowed to run for government) than it ever did to Bush. Jordan and the Gulf states were stable then, are stable now.

So the real question is, is there a "region" to discuss in unified terms at all?
                                If Algeria introduced a resolution declaring that the earth was flat and that Israel had flattened it, it would pass by a vote of 164 to 13 with 26 abstentions.- Abba Eban.

Comment

Working...
                                X