X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
    I want to watch that

Comment

It's real history-as-it-happened stuff. No editorializing, no blaming anyone, no politicking, it's just all about the two filmmakers and the firefighters they'd become friends suddenly finding themselves in the thick of the horror of it all. Really a wonderful documentary.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Gone in 60 Seconds, loved it all, gereat fun throughout

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
        "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
        "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen

Never get tired of it
          sigpic
          Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Our idiot brother it was better than I thought it would be.

Comment

Jane Eyre with MrsQ

Comment

Fargo
                It is boooooooooooooooring
                the story is OK, but terrible everything, especially directors and actors.

Comment

I loved Fargo!! It's a great movie. Love the characters. It's a subtle humor. I prefer that sometimes to in your face let's see how stupid we can be jokes.

But then if you've watched 2012 multiple times, we obviously have way way way different criteria for what makes a good movie.
                  sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

Yeah.
                    < geologist, so of course < likes 2012.

BTW, I hate subtle humor. It's not fun when you say, 'Hey, pay attention, I'm gonna tell a joke'. Who would like that. Of course what they do in Fargo is as if they're saying that.

Comment

Robots; Robin Williams is a genius..

Fender: "We Sir!"
                      Ratchette "I'm a woman"
                      Fenders brother "Ouch" {Diesel's eyes pop}

This is the Assassin's Way part 17 complete
                      "Elegant beauty is Nature. but only for the gentle and soft Flower" ~Hu Ge
                      "The one thing every new hairstylist must learn is how to do hair in a combat zone!" Bob; owner of Bob & Weave's Combat Salon in Red Dust Club, an original story currently in progress

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Awinita View Post
                        Robots; Robin Williams is a genius..

Fender: "We Sir!"
                        Ratchette "I'm a woman"
                        Fenders brother "Ouch" {Diesel's eyes pop}
                        That one is so much fun!
                        sigpic
                        Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

Originally posted by PrometheOSS View Post
                          Fargo
                          It is boooooooooooooooring
                          the story is OK, but terrible everything, especially directors and actors.
                          Dude...it won Best Actress and Screenplay at the Oscars and various awards for directing and screenwriting. It was a contender for Best Picture too. It's an all-around terrific movie.
                          "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

LOL!!!
                            Yeah I know, my sister keeps telling me so, but I tend to make my own decisions based on what I think not on the awards it had.
                            It's not the first movie where my opinion differed with awards.

Comment

Yeah. But Fargo is one of those rare times that the awards circuit got it right

Comment

@digifluid,
                                LOL!!! You really wanna convince me.
                                There's a proverb where I live that has a similar meaning to this, 'If it weren't for difference in opinions, many things would have been lost.'

Comment

Working...
                                X