Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robin Hood: Men In Tights
    sigpic

To see the complete animated picture timeline of the comet landing - http://xkcd1446.org/#7

From the wonderful XKCD site http://xkcd.com/1446/

Comment

On DVD: BloodRayne: The Third Reich (or The Blood Reich: BloodRayne 3 as it is titled on my DVD cover)
      Synopsis
      ---------
      It is the 1940's and whilst World War II rages across the globe a woman named Rayne is fighting a war of her own. One she has been fighting for over 2 centuries. A war against vampires.

After Rayne's blood accidentally turns a dying Nazi in to a half-human, half-vampire hybrid like herself including gaining all her amazing abilities - stronger, faster, healing quicker, and able to withstand holy water, crucifixes and sunlight - the infected Nazi embarks on a plan to share his powers with the rest of the Nazi army by turning them into beings like himself. Rayne must stop him otherwise all who stand in the way of a half-human, half-vampire Nazi army is certainly doomed to fall.

----------------------------------------

I enjoyed this movie. I thought it was fun. Like the Indiana Jones movies which saw the Nazis attempting to gain supernatural powers or immortality, BloodRayne 3 has the Nazis attempting to turn its army in to half-human, half-vampire like beings. I like it when movies take something from history and then add a fictional/fantasy aspect to it. BloodRayne 3 does it really well and certainly far better than BloodRayne 2 did. I recommend this movie.

As for BloodRayne 2: Deliverance - Billy the Kid is a vampire. Absolutely crazy movie. Its a fun movie and the action and stunts are great but the Billy the Kid as a vampire aspect is just perhaps too much of a ridiculous history/fictional/fantasy leap too far for me. Don't watch this for the plot.
      Last edited by Alan; 01 July 2011, 05:36 PM.

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,
      K-9, CLASS and much more...

Comment

Goemon (rewatch) Excellent action movie. Not for those afraid of subtitles.
        sigpic

Comment

Transformers: Dark of the Moon = Awesome!
          sigpic

Comment

Rio
            2 words: Terrible... boring.

Comment

Season of the Witch. Pretty fun until the movie turned into a weird medieval Exorcist spoof. Still it was way better than I thought it would be.
              sigpic

Comment

Super 8

It's Super Awesome!!
                sigpic
                Sig by Everlovin My YT|My other vid site|My LJ|My Photobucket|My ImageShack|"Stargate is life, Sam and Jack are happiness, Shippers are almighty" by hlndncr

Comment

On Blu-Ray: Bad Lieutenant starring Nicholas Cage, Eva Mendes

THE TARDIS DATA CORE - Encyclopaedia and reference site covering DOCTOR WHO, K-9 AND COMPANY, TORCHWOOD, THE SARAH JANE ADVENTURES,

Comment

Hereafter - Worst movie I've seen in some time!

True Grit (new one) - it was great, the little girl was surprisingly awesome in this movie
                    sigpic

Comment

On DVD: Cowboy Bebop: The Movie

ARE YOU LIVING IN THE REAL WORLD?

Comment

Logan's Run

I know, not a new movie. To any of the youngsters that may not have seen it, you really should. It's classic sci-fi. Hopefully, this is one movie that Hollywood will leave alone and not remake.
                        sigpic

Comment

In IMAX theater: Super 8 LOVED IT!
                          sigpic
                          Sig by ME.

Comment

Originally posted by loserinc View Post
                            Logan's Run

I know, not a new movie. To any of the youngsters that may not have seen it, you really should. It's classic sci-fi. Hopefully, this is one movie that Hollywood will leave alone and not remake.
                            It was one of my first sci-fi movies.
                            sigpic

Comment

The King's Speech

I'll admit this movie didn't appeal to me from watching the previews, but I added it to my Netflix queue and I'm glad I did. This was an excellent movie on so many levels, I found myself cheering for the King by the end of the movie. As an American I found the British history interesting as well, so many things I didn't know.
                              sigpic

Comment

Fanboys and Galaxy Quest.

Will be watching the commentary to Fanboys sometime today.

I really liked Kristen Bell in that movie.

I really like the movie Fanboys because of its three themes.

A dedication to Star Wars.

Friendship.

And to thine own self be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X